Page
of 6

[Dominion] House Dalakan

53 replies
Stars:
+75
28bz3nm.png
House Dalakan

House Dalakan was a prominant Highborn family on Cassus, especially in the centuries immediately following the Brightland Rebellion. Originally a mercantile focus, the House first fell out of favor in the decades pre-Nexus. It was only in the last few decades that House Dalakan pulled itself back onto the social map with swift, decisive victories on Nexus and shrewd alliances.

House led by Lady Sylyss Dalakan

Branches

Valiant – House Dalakan's military branch is organized exactly as one would expect. Ranked higherarchy, security patrols, combat deployments, and regular cooperative actions with the Empire's Legions. Any member of the House with a keen skill for direct combat is welcome among the Valiants.
Led by Legate Falfnir

Dark Blade – The black ops force of the House. A collection of scouts, con men, thieves, hackers, and assassins, who might otherwise put their questionable talents to ill use, instead have chosen to serve House Dalakan. They retrieve key intelligence and reconnaissance, and work to destabilize their enemies. Their covert work may not be as visible as their counterpart branches, but it is no less necessary.
Led by Director Sylyss Dalakan

Ethereal – Technological advances along with research and development will be conducted within this branch. There are many projects going on at once and most of it is hands on, actually build and or developing new inventions and weapons to aid the House.
Led by Keeper of Technology Haephelon Rix

Extended Groups

Immediate Response & Interdiction - A special force of shock troopers who use the high mobility of high altitude insertion and jetpacks to spearhead offensives and deploy rapidly to threats against the Dominion.
Led by Lance Leader Kolkra Vivek

OOC Note - We are a heavy RP guild with a focus on running in-depth, GM'd storylines, regular events, and work on PvE and PvP content on the side. We use a /roll based system, complete with optional character sheets. We are a growing family, and hope to continue to thrive and flourish here on Nexus! If House Dalakan sounds like interesting to you, apply today! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and speak to our guild matriarch or one of our officers in-game.
(Dominion) Sylyss Dalakan of House Dalakan

"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
Posted Sep 17, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 25, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+75
Additional information (courtesy of Haephelon Rix)

House Dalakan offers:
--consistent, weekly activities for all members; including combat, medical, research, engineering
--several in-guild RP-hubs where members can gather at any time to RP casually just like the public hubs; including a space station, barracks, parlor (with hotsprings, karaoke, sparring arena, food and drink), medical facilities, and research facilities
--OOC guild-chat and an IC comm-channel chat so you can banter with your cohorts or arrange meetings ICly super-fast and easy.
--a wide variety of IC tasks and storylines for those invested in the serious and sometimes gritty nature of Nexus
--a helpful officer staff ready to answer questions and RP OOC/IC any time we're on.
--a highly experienced team of GMs for RP events

What to expect if you apply (at www.housedalakan.com):
--Answer this question: Why would my character want to join a paramilitary/research organization aligned to the laws of the Dominion? (seriously, if you have an answer ready for this, even a very simple one, you're doing great!)
--give us about 24 hours to have a chance to review your app! No biggie, we just want a chance to read it!
--with an approved app, one of our officer crew will ping you in-game to arrange a good time that's convenient for you to have the IC interview. (Basically just one of us talking to your character to formally confirm the why's and how's of joining us in-story. OOC questions are /always/ welcome, don't worry)
--when you first join you're in an IC/OOC 'probationary' period called 'recruit', and this normally lasts 2 weeks. (Don't worry, there is /no/ restriction on your RP here, this is simply a recognition of the 'does this work for both sides?' concern. Are you active and friendly? Are we creating a fun and welcoming RP environment? You've got 2 weeks for a guilt-free departure if you're just not feeling it.)
--after 2 weeks, your character will be formally solidified IC and OOC, and ICly assigned to one of the branches of the House (simplistically summarized as 'military', 'spec ops', or 'science' (includes tech/medical/logistics))

Current Command Staff if you have questions:
Leader: Sylyss Dalakan

Officers:
Legate Falfnir
Haephelon Rix (often on Alako Sovak)
Meyoline Medmji (often on Kolkra Vivek)

Usual Activity Time:
8PM EST and on, pretty much all days of the week.
NOTE: we have members that are on/RPing at ALL hours

Posted Sep 17, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 19, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+79
Banned users
Bump! come all ye Glorious Dominion Citizens!
Posted Sep 29, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+75
Certainly been an interesting week! Glad the server issues seem mostly in the past, so that we can continue the good fight.

For the Dominion!

Posted Oct 5, 15 · OP
Stars:
+4
Hmmmm~ May have to check this out for my medic!
Posted Oct 5, 15
Sev
I might check this out, if I ever think of a reason why my draken would join a cassian house.
Posted Oct 5, 15
Stars:
+75
Sev'i --

Cassian run, but not Cassian exclusive. We're a fighting force! Our primary military branch is led by a draken, even, hee.

Posted Oct 5, 15 · OP
Stars:
+79
Banned users
Uh.... this IS an rp guild... and still active
Posted Oct 5, 15
Stars:
+307
I'd be more than happy to get my Mechari in. He's a dutiful soldier with years of experience under his belt and if joining House Valesius means serving for better future to the Dominion he'd swear his allegiance without question.
Posted Oct 5, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
I can recommend the house very much! Lots of great people, really good role-players, some amazing story crafters and word smiths and a lot of very good, well run, DMed events!

Definitely a great place for role-players to join up with!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Oct 6, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices