WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 3

WildStar Chat log cleaner (Beta) - No more endless hours of cleaning up

23 replies
Stars:
+55
The short- The WildStar Chat log cleaner is now ready for download and use. RP'ers rejoice!

(UPDATED version out on 1/2/2016)

The long- (A large part of which is ripped off from the Alpha version post)
I have just recently joined in the Wild Star RP- Community; also my first RP anything. Much thanks to all the wonderful Aurins that helped out a poor RP newb.

After generating endless amounts of RP, I started to want to preserve the RP for later. So I did the inevitable, and turned on chat logging and went and RP'ed!

It took 45 minutes to clean up that first chat log, and I wanted to kill myself afterwards. The boring monotony of removing all but the text I wanted.... it was mind numbing, terrible, and I decided that no Aurin should ever have to endure such a thing ever again.... maybe not even any other fellow Exiles.

After working with a few wonderful Aurins, I now have a product that is ready for some serious Open Beta testing. And as the way our wacky world works now... that means that it is pretty much ready for mainstream use! (Cannot guarantee that Beta will not cause dislocation of fingers, ears, or gaudy armor. We tested tails though! They are safe!)

Right now there are still many tweaks and -enhancements- to be made and I am readily looking for input from yet more (Aurins). And maybe other people too.

If you would be willing to help Beta (*cough works fully *cough) test this, and forever have a way to get easy mode cleaned chat logs to boot, the installer is attached to this post. If you find bugs, please send me a post on the thread, forum PM/ email or poke me in game. (Karaaga Longtail on the PvE server)

Thank you to all those Aurins who sacrif-- who diligently aided in the cause of a chat log cleaner.

If you have any questions, feature requests, comments, bugs, or labor union complaints, please post them on the thread.

tinyurl.com/WSChatCleaner - tiny link for convenience.
Attached Files
You must login to download files.

Posted Feb 23, 15 · OP · Last edited Jan 2, 16
Star
List
Undo
THANK YOU I NEED THIS! A customizable list would be fantastic, but it's still faster to paste in the occasional custom channel chatter than to delete all the trash manually.
Posted Feb 24, 15
Stars:
+366
All of my yes! This thing was so great during testing and can't wait to use it more regularly now, thank you so much for putting this together Karaaga!

I think being able to select what channels to include/omit would be a nice touch for future releases as well. Just a thought.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Feb 24, 15 · Last edited Feb 24, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,471
Untagged users
Awesome!

All the coffee I can now drink in my free time from editing chat logs... dear God. You are a saint. <3
Silas' blog
Posted Feb 24, 15
Stars:
+55
There is a known bug right now where all outgoing whispers are shown in cleaned files. We should have fix for this out later today or tomorrow.

And bug fixed! If you still get the bug, please download the newer version, I have attached it to the original post.
Posted Feb 24, 15 · OP · Last edited Feb 25, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+3
Chat Cleaner for the win!

I agree that an edit-able channel list would be good to have. Also, how about using check-boxes for the included names list (and the included channels list, once we have it), instead of a big ol' text field? That would make it quicker and easier to remove the stuff we don't want.
Posted Feb 24, 15
Stars:
+25
: O

: O

Thank you so much for this, I've been editing my logs in Notepad++
Posted Feb 25, 15 · Last edited Feb 25, 15
Stars:
+133
A million and one "THANK YOUs" for this!
windsig.png
Posted Feb 25, 15
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
Thank you most greatly for this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Feb 25, 15
Stars:
+26
Thank you so much for this! It's going to be incredibly helpful, especially for someone like me with a few months worth of chat logs backed up!

As others have said - I think an editable channel list would be very useful, too!
EskariSignature_zps6efbe041.png
Posted Feb 26, 15
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices