WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 11

Aurin - A Compendium of Lore and Discussion

106 replies
Stars:
+319
Well, the post says this is datmined info. It's technically not in the game... I won't worry about it.
Posted Jul 4, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+109
I'm with Elk. I mean it's a common type, not an end all be all. All shapes and colors, right?
"Sometimes the only way to stop evil is not with good. You must confront it with another form of evil."
"To defeat evil.. I shall become a greater form of evil."
Posted Jul 4, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+19
wrote:

• 55704 Giant lansa trees tower among the forests of Arborea, their trunks so thick it would take dozens of granok standing hand-in-hand to circle the oldest trees.
  • 55713 A Wikren tree's twisting roots and hanging branches often tangle with those of neighboring trees. Their silva layer their messages with hidden meanings and ambiguous phrases.
It appears the background for Rili's origin is an odd mix between these two different trees... I had 'described' the lansa trees to have entangling branches that reached to the others in the forest; creating a canopy 'floor' for the village to dwell on/in. Quite the mess up on my part for that one; however, I could follow Miss Stillriver's train of thought and just disregard it until it actually becomes canon since it is only listed as data-mined (for now).
wrote:

• 56023 Aurin who live in lansa forests are known for their strength and courage, like the silva they worship.
  • 56027 If you're looking for the loophole or the sneaky way out of a problem, talk to the Wikren aurin. Called crafty and overconfident, many wikren refuse to acknowledge limitations.
I guess more of the Wikren personality traits coincide with Rili than I thought (I seemed to have guessed incorrectly with that intertwining branches nonsense, haha.) But it still throws my headcanon off if i have to switch to the Wikren trees over the lansa considering I had to come up with some way to explain the non-ear choice of my main on launch day and it already involved severely bending the rules of the mammalian origins of the Aurin... But who knows, maybe they have (or had) some kind of mammalian feathered creatures on Arboria that we haven't learned of yet (boy do I hope so).

All in all, a very great find, Kalita; it's a terrific peek into the possibilities of lore Carbine may have thought of trying out for the Aurin.
Posted Jul 5, 15 · Last edited Jul 5, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+281
"56025 Many consider aurin from hirn villages to be almost painfully truthful. They are also known for their stoicism and lack of ornament."

Kintallo came from a clan of Aurin monks that lived in Hirn. VERY nice!
Posted Jul 6, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+366
And now there's this...

BThoT6H.png

I'm still not sure what to make of that. Either the Planet Reapers are really slow, Arboria is really huge, Aurin resistance is actually decent, or something else.

Not sure what's going on with this bit since there's a lot of lore contradictions going on regarding Arboria.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Jul 7, 15
Stars:
+281
Arboria expansion plz kthx!
Posted Jul 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+366
Well, if they're going back to any planet Arboria is the most likely. The fact that "homeworlds" was mentioned in one of the streams points to it as well. Though, that's hard to say 100% for sure on, there is other evidence that supports it though.

For one, it's the only habitable planet nearby that's known. It apparently hasn't been turned into a parking lot completely and, finally, the Aurin are the only ones with something to really go back to at all as far as Exiles go.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Jul 7, 15
Stars:
+150
wrote:
I'm still not sure what to make of that. Either the Planet Reapers are really slow, Arboria is really huge, Aurin resistance is actually decent, or something else.

Not sure what's going on with this bit since there's a lot of lore contradictions going on regarding Arboria.

If I remember correctly, Queen Maya's 'issues' are related to still being psychically tied to Arboria's forests while they are in the process of being harvested; I imagine once the total forest biomass dips below a point where it can sustain the link, she'll either die, or just lose the link and go into a goth phase where she wears black clothes, heavy makeup, and spends all her time hanging around the Mordesh. >.>

If the Dominion were just glassing the planet I am sure it would have been done already; they're harvesting it for resources, though, which is significantly more work. The Planet Reapers might have a higher harvesting capacity, but I bet that clearing -giant, Primal Life infused jungles- is difficult going. Plus the resources need to be processed, crated, and carted - wouldn't do to have lumber spoiling on the shipping pad.
Main: Rihko Kirijo - ENT-Dom
Cassian Scientist/Spy/Commissar
Owner, Kirijo House Gardens
Special Agent, ICI Nexus Division
Missionary, The Vigilant Church Circle

Alt: Keerith Brightleaf - ENT-Ex
Aurin Vagrant/Diner Cook/Treasure Hunter
Posted Jul 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+366
I'd pondered that. However, we have this bit from the Ravaging of Arboria story from the official time line on the Wildstar site:
Wildstar-Online.com wrote:
In the space of a mere week three continents had been defoliated, with much of the resulting detritus already compacted into protein modules.

A week to destroy three whole continents. It seems they're pretty fast...
XDdjSto.png
Posted Jul 7, 15 · Last edited Jul 7, 15
Stars:
+72
Though. We don't know how large or small continents are on Arboria. Could be that most of them are only as big as Australia but there are quite a few of them.
Avatar artwork done by http://straycatsketch.tumblr.com/
Posted Jul 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 11
NoticeNotices