WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 11

Aurin - A Compendium of Lore and Discussion

106 replies
Stars:
+50
Huh, so Aurin are a lot cooler than I thought. My first glance kinda painted them as generic hippy/furry types. I've been meaning to try Esper, do Aurin have any special views of them? Doesn't that class involve crazy mind surgery and all? Would that clash with the whole nature reverence thing?
Posted Mar 24, 14
Stars:
+603
The Esper involves no surgery. Esper's are actually the most natural magic users. A lot of Espers have a connection to the energies directly through their brain at young ages.

For their Aurin, the Espers are widely accepted. Being an Esper also goes hand in hand with being sensative and connected to the Weave in a lot of cases. Queen Myala herself is an Esper. In fact the crown that the Aurin Queen is supposed to wear is known as an ESPer crown. It is golden energy and looks like one of the heals the Esper uses in game. But Myala retired that crown in favour for her current one which is made out of the wood of the mother tree on Arboria.

A lot of the Matria's and leaders of the community are Espers as well because they are most in tune with the weave as well. So the Espers in a way do some with a bit of mysticism when it comes to the Aurin. But you also don;t have to be in tune with the Weave to be an Esper, you can still just have the abilities and an affinity for the magic without having to get super spiritual about it. I find anyway. But the natural energies of the forest the Aurin have some to have their symbiotic relationship with is actually one of the reasons they can be Espers. Being an Esper is naural to the Aurin, as being an Esper is natural born powers.

And Ruff I shall scour those journals thusly.

Also I apologize I feel like my train of thought jumped around a lot.
Posted Mar 24, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 24, 14
Stars:
+603
I am actually only missing 1 journal from Everstar's Grove right now, and 1 Datacube. I was in there at the end of Beta cause two friends who pre-ordered hopped on and I mentored down to them. But yeah, a lot of interesting journals, and thank you for the screenshots of them!
Posted Mar 24, 14 · OP
Stars:
+50
Huh I coulda sworn on the Esper page they said there's some kinda nanobot space magic thing going on but now looking it up again you're right they never mention anything about that and in fact it's the opposite with a focus on 'the bonds between energy and the body' and all. Wonderful, no disconnect at all then.
Posted Mar 24, 14
Stars:
+603
THe nanobot heavy class would be the Stalkers and Possibly the Medics. Though I feel like medics is just straight up little bots, and not nanites. Stalkers use nanites for their stealth and are the ones who usually undergo surgery to get them injected in many cases.

But yeah, Espers are super natural. ;)
Posted Mar 24, 14 · OP
Stars:
+50
Yep, big derp for me, Stalkers have nanobot space tech, got em mixed up. Well, might as well make my derp relevant, is there any Aurin lore about how they feel about Stalkers? The possibility of shoving strange outsider tech in your body seems like something that'd bring back some bad memories for most of them, is there any clash like the Granok and their Way of Stone thing or are the Aurin more pragmatic about doing whatever's needed to fight invaders?
Posted Mar 24, 14 · Last edited Mar 24, 14
Stars:
+603
Well, the Aurin were still bows and arrows when the Dominion attacked 9 years ago, but since being rescued they have whole heartedly accepted the technology presented to them in those 7 years. Even fascinated by it. Though there is still a learning curve, but the Aurin have become some of the most pragmatic, brilliant and accepting minds of the Exiles, especially in Science. THey;re definitely growing embracing the tech. THough you still have clashes at times when some of the technology can seriously threaten the natural ecosystems of Nexus and you'll often find the Aurin constantly reminding the other races to be wary of the balance of Nature.

When it comes to stalkers, before joining the Exiles, they presumably already fought in similar ways, and it can be seen as more of an embrace to their moving up in the galaxy too. Maybe ruff should respond of this so you get more of an opinion and ruff knows their stuff about the aurin and lore too.
Posted Mar 24, 14 · OP
Stars:
+50
Cool, one of the things I always hated about the 'natural' kinda races in fantasy and all was that often they get written as stubborn assholes who'd rather die than like, pick up a gun to fight the massively more advanced enemy. It's nice that for Aurin it seems to be a complex issue rather than just "THE TREE PEOPLE THINK SPACESHIPS ARE EVIL".

Also, since I'm just pouring the questions out, this seems like the best place to get clarification. The wiki page seems a bit confusing. It says only women can access The Weave in the ways needed to protect and nurture their communities, but it also talks about The Weave in much more broad strokes talking about how it lets Aurin talk to plants and all. Do all Aurin have connection to The Weave, and only the women can use it to its fullest, or can guys not access it at all? I know they all believe in it but I can't tell if women are the 'high priests' as it were, or if they're literally the only ones who can form a connection beyond just faith.
Posted Mar 24, 14
Stars:
+603
The Aurin society is Matriarchal in set up. So the females hold all positions of government within the Community, and each Matria is the leader of their communities. The Matria's also DO have the strongest connections to the Weave, but after the Matria's, males can hold strong connections to the Weave just as strongly as other females. The Aurin are a very equal opportunity people. Yes I said Matriarchal, but that doesn't mean men are suppressed, it is just their tradition of having the Matria, and the Queen. A tradition Aurin respect just as much as they respect nature.

The Weave is the energy that connections everything. That everything is woven in this tapestry and is connected through the Weave. WHether or not there has been or will be a male community leader we'll have to see. It is possible, to give an example, there was something I was reading about the Draken, and the Draken have CLanlords which are prominently male laders in the clans. But there looks like there will be a female clanlord or something really soon based on this article I was reading, the first time for a Draken clan. So we could see something similar with a male finally getting the head position within an Aurin community.
Posted Mar 24, 14 · OP
Stars:
+50
So, in other nerdy terms, The Weave is like The Force, and the Matriarchs are like the Jedi Council? There's nothing that KEEPS men from accessing The Weave like women, but the current way things are women have the strongest bond with it and thus are the leaders?
Posted Mar 24, 14
Page
of 11
NoticeNotices