I am also very passionate about the Aurin and will try my best to add to what Sly has compiled up until now.
All About Aurin
"Then there's the Aurin you might call them scrappy. protectors of nature and the like. They also got these big, furry ears and tails. Some people are into that... Yeah, I know. Weird." - Kit Brinny
For thousands of years, the Aurin lived in isolation on the forest world of Arboria, but the chance arrival of the wandering human rebel fleet changed their lives forever. Appreciating their good-natured independence, the Aurin welcomed the humans into their forest homes, and friendship soon blossomed between the two races. Fearful of unleashing the wrath of the Dominion on the Aurin, the humans took on much needed supplies and then quickly moved on.
Despite careful precautions by the humans, the Dominion managed to trace the path of the fleet and eventually discovered the location of Arboria. As punishment for aiding the rebels, the Dominion declared unconditional sovereignty over the Aurin's forest kingdom and sent an army of devastating Planet Reapers to collect the empire's rightful due.
The Aurin fought back courageously, but the Planet Reapers were monstrous mechanical resource harvesters designed to withstand all but the heaviest firepower. Suffering heavy losses, the Aurin were forced to fall back, helplessly watching the destruction of their beautiful, verdant homeworld.
Desperate, the Aurin's newly crowned queen, Myala Everstar, sent out a distress signal to her human friends, who soon formulated a daring rescue plan. Aided by fearless Granok mercenaries, the humans faced off against the Dominion and landed rescue ships on Arboria – but it soon became clear not all the Aurin could be saved. Brokenhearted, Myala escaped from Arboria's surface, but promised those left behind that one day she would return.
Despite the tragedy they had suffered, the Aurin were determined to survive. The day would come when they would return to Arboria, drive out the Dominion, and reclaim their beloved homeworld. - Aurin Overview, WildStar-Online
Tagline: A scrappy, jungle-dwelling race with a symbiotic relationship with the trees of their home world. A bit on the tree-hugger side, but still willing to claw someone up in a fight.
Homeworld: Planet 45658b, Arboria. Jungle covered planet with high mineral content within the fringe.
Available Classes: Esper, Spellslinger, Stalker
Physical Appearance: Shorter, thinner humanoid forms with animal/wing ears and a long tail usually with a metal clasp/ring on it. Females are a few inches taller than the males and both have slim builds. Aurin come in the known fur/hair colors of blue, yellow, white fading to blue, purple, green, red, orange, darker grey to white. Known skin tones are green, blue, and pink.
Arwick Redleaf: First Consort of Myala Everstar who also acts as an Advisor to the Queen. Was the one who begged Myala to leave Arboria, least the Aurin race fall with her.
Ferin Treespeaker: The first Aurin Queen.
Liara: An Esper Scientist seen in the debut trailer and in the Meet the Aurin interview.
Myala Everstar: Current Queen of the Aurin who was newly crowned before the attack on Arboria. She is the one who hailed Exile fleets to return and aid her people. Escaped the planet after the war became too futile with a promise to return.
- The Aurin lived on Arboria in peace and isolation for thousands of years until the Exile fleet stumbles across them by chance.
- The Exile fleet soon left Arboria after resupplying in hopes that the Dominion would not discover the planet.
- Alas, the Dominion decided to punish all of Arboria for aiding the rebels, declaring unconditional sovereignty on the planet.
- There was no attempt by the Dominion to make the Aurin part of the alliance before Arboria was attacked.
- The Arboria War lasted from year 1656 to 1658, with the Chua’s Planet reapers playing a key role in the world’s ravaging.
- Even with the aid of the Granok mercenary and Human forces, Arboria was lost to the Dominion with the Queen and those she could save leaving with the Exile forces.
- The fate of Arboria and those left behind is currently unknown.
"Aurin first names typically have two or more syllables and tend more towards "soft" consonants." - Scooter
First names for Aurin seem to have that ‘fantasy’ feel, giving off an elven vibe that’s continued in the surnames. The surnames follow the pattern of descriptive term + noun usually in relation to nature, flipped either way.
- The Aurin worship the Weave, which has yet to be expanded on in lore beyond that the (female) leaders of smaller Aurin societies interact with The Weave in unexplained ways.
- The Weave itself: "Many threads, one tapestry."
- The Aurin have been led by an unbroken line of Queens, with Myala Everstar being the most recent.
- The most powerful and oldest tree on Arboria is the sacred Mother Tree.
- Aurin do not have “human” ears, only their animal pair.
- There’s a reason for the tail bands Aurin have appeared with, but that’s yet to be revealed. They may hold some sign of social status or rank within the Aurin.
- Aurin Matrias may have multiple consorts, male or female.
- Aurin Males are more passionate and “hot-headed” than the females.
- They are free to choose their relationship styles. Monogamy, as well as polygamy, exist in the society.
- Aurin communed with the trees of Arboria, sometimes forming symbiotic relationships and/or considered them friends. Currently unknown if Aurin have been able to do this on Nexus.
- Many Aurin, Liara included, have joined XAS(Exile Academy of Science) to lend their knowledge of nature to the Exiles.
- Aurin like giving hugs as shown in the Meet the Aurin interview. Even a grumpy Granok can not escape hugs.
- Once the Aurin joined up with the Exiles, many put their natural skills to use on the fleet's agricultural vessels.
- Spoiler: There is a dish the Aurin make called Arboria Redleaf SaladShow
- Spoiler: Aurin Technology was advanced leaps and bounds by the Exile's that came to their planet.Show
- Creative Uncut: Concept Art Gallery
- Wildstar Timeline
- Arkship EU Lore Compilation
- Wildstar Central Wiki: Aurin
Feel free to point out any errors, inconsistencies, typos, and any lore I have missed. No speculation or leaked info will be added to this main post. You can muse on such things in replies here, or in other threads within the Galactic Archives.
Thanks to 25 for shoving in the Twitter lore tidbits.