WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

ModelViewer?

8 replies
I'm not sure if this would be an add-on or a standalone application, but has there been any talk of something akin to WoW's Model Viewer (for viewing character models, props, gear, and animations for use in machinima or graphics)? I found a vague reference to the possibility in this post from a year ago, but that's about it. I'm sure some awesome creative projects would come out of such a tool.
Posted Sep 10, 13 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
I know we've asked for a good model display widget, and they have heard the request. Unless they decide to release a machinima tool of their own, or add good in game sources for stuff It'll probably take a bit before a 3rd party viewer is made. Wildstar uses a custom engine, and thus a custom model format. WoW was built on the WC3 engine, which was already mature by the time wow came out. They were able to adapt existing tools to create wow model viewer. I don't think we'll see as quick of a turn over time in machinima tools. I don't think it's too far fetched to think that Carbine may release their own machinima tool, considering their stance on community and sharing their own tools (based on what we know of addons).
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 20, 13
Stars:
+1,680
Oh man I REALLY hope that they are able to make one of these. I loved the WoW Model Viewer so much for art and just for fun. One for WildStar would be amazing. Definitely going to keep making puppy eyes at Carbine for this one
Posted Sep 20, 13
Stars:
+4
It would certainly be a -fine- addition for them to think about, as it would allow community comic's to come alive, not to dissimilar from the 'Gorden Frohman' comics based on Garrys Mod/Half-Life. Either way, they'd be missing a massive potential to please the fans with this, so heres hoping Carbine see's sense :)

EDIT: In fact for anybody who hasn't read the Frohman comics, and has some time to spare/is interested, here you go http://www.screencuisine.net/hlcomic/
Aela Wolfheart / Illusionist Sivvi

LewGenesis.3702
Posted Sep 20, 13 · Last edited Sep 20, 13
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
I actually pray this will become a thing and I BELIEVE that it will, eventually.

The reason I believe it's on the horizon is at Arkship when we expressed a lot of interest in the Machinima community getting their hands on a "model viewer" of sorts to make movies with, the team expressed LARGE interest in helping to make that happen as time goes on.

They want the Machinima community of WildStar to thrive, I think, so expect good things eventually in regards to tools like this. :)
patriciansignature2_zpse831ff55.png
Posted Sep 20, 13
Stars:
+33
I recall them saying they will allow non devs to make Wildstar based movies like the devs make, so probably this will come with it. Kinda feels like it has to be one and the same really.
Exile Main: Lektra Bolt
Dominion Main: Andromeda "Rommie" Ascendant
Posted Jun 12, 14
Stars:
+52
God I hope so. I need this in my life.
ASK ME ABOUT MY JUNCTION! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Posted Dec 2, 15
Stars:
+208
This is the only model viewer in existence currently, do not know if it's updated or not.

https://bitbucket.org/mugadr_m/wildstar-studio/downloads
So those are some of my thoughts from the bathtub.
Posted Dec 2, 15
Stars:
+386
Wildstar Studio is currently inoperative. There were file system changes, and no one is actively developing it.

You cna use my addon Character Shot ( http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/232423-character-shot ) to do something close.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Dec 2, 15
NoticeNotices