Page
of 4

Cassian / Exile Human Lore Compendium!

37 replies
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
wrote:
Does the Cassian aristocracy have any sort of peerage (e.g. Dukes, Barons, etc.)? I gather from the mention of aristocracy and feudalism I have read that this might be the case. I was hoping to use such in my character's backstory, so I was curious.

My interactions and questions with Pappy plus the entry on the Luminai paints them as the Peers of the Realm. They are the ones who hold the power of the Imperial lines and holy blood of the scions. High Born gain their power family wise by serving a Great House.

As the High Born do not have Noble Houses they have Great Families. So if you are RPing a High Born your rping a clerk, an administrator or a respectful individual of the upper class, but not the -ruling- class. If someone is Low Born and you are both of the same rank in the Legions you are still the same rank. Socially on Cassus it would be a Scandal if you had a relationship with that individual though.

Also all your family's power comes from serving one of the Great Houses, or a Luminai individual.

TLDR: Not, not that I have seen, I have inquired with Pappy. Most Lore points to the Luminai as the sole nobility and the High Born being more like Knights or Clients rather than Tenants-in-Chief.
Space Opera, Mecha, Psionic-Techno / Magic, Planetary / Courtly Politics
lits_banner_2_by_catsohori-d89aoll.png
Project Blog | Features List
Release Date: 2017

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted May 6, 14 · OP · Last edited May 6, 14
Star
List
Undo
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
There is a Lord Venator in Deradune, but he didn't have any title or peer semblance attached to his person. Seems to me that the Lords are like the Moffs in Star Wars, their military or administrative heads of an area. As Venator was corrupt and teamed up with the Marauders to make money of poaching.

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted May 6, 14 · OP
Stars:
+2
Thank you very much for the quick, thorough answers.
Posted May 6, 14
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
No problem. Cassian and Human lore is very interesting. There's a bunch of crazy awesome history I need to delve into such as the Cassian Commonwealth, the Exile Slumships. That provide a wealth of character backstories I plan to add to the guide later on. If you see anything good in game please link them to me so I can update the guide :d

Links to check out:
Posted May 6, 14 · OP
Stars:
+2
Further pondering has led to further questions, if I may:

1. Is there any information on the breakdown (percentage-wise) of the Cassian population by Luminai, Highborn, and Lowborn? I suspect the -vast- majority is Lowborn, but I'd prefer to know if there is any official information on this.

2. Do we have any information on what sort of religion(s) was practiced by the Cassian prior to the arrival of Dominus? I find it very interesting to ponder what sort of religious/spiritual/mystical systems and culture may have been in place for such to be so thoroughly dominated by the Vigilance Church in the span of ~1500 yrs. Did the Vigilance Church go through a time of displacing any religions? Were the Cassian technologically advanced agnostics ripe for worship of super beings?

3. Is Cassus still inhabited? I feel I should know the answer to this, but I cannot seem to find clarification.
Posted May 7, 14
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
1. A small percentage is Luminai, a slightly large, but still small percentage is High Born. The Luminai are restricted in their breeding, just as the High Born latch onto their bloodlines which have a small drop of Luminai in them. Lowborn make up a chunk of their population.

2. Yes, it was the Chronicle Houses and the Chroniclers which is still practiced by Exile Humans, I have a section in the Human Exile part of it. The Viglant church was created around the rule of Jarec. When it occurred the Chronicle Houses were actively turned into missions for the Vigilant. It was one reason the Low Born rose in rebellion, plus the growing disparity between them and the High Born. Before the Vigilant Declaration by Jarec (see the Luminai Lore link in the guide) there wasn't much social classing. Then when Jarec released his work he split society (he's considered a good Emperor btw).

From what we know Chronicle Houses are basically a place to record stories of people. Its a place of remembrance, and a place that spreads information. Its not really a organized religion as it is a center of the community where the Chronicler records information, news, and the stories of where people came from.

4. Yes it was the home planet of the Dominion till Nexus was discovered. :d

Links to check out:
Posted May 7, 14 · OP · Last edited May 7, 14
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2
Thank you for the quick answers. I find this sort of thing endlessly fascinating. I also find it interesting to ponder how the worship of the Eldan came about in what is presumably a technologically advanced culture. It sounds to me as though there was form of Ancestor Worship on Cassus before the Eldan came along, which seems to lend itself well into being co-opted, if you will, into the worship of Eldan.

As far as Cassus (Question 3, Answer 4 ;-)), I realize it was/is the home planet, but has it been abandoned to move all the population to Nexus? This would seem a bit premature without some other motivation. Is the place still populated with those Cassian who are just keeping the home fires warm until the situation on Nexus is resolved, or did everyone up and leave for Nexus?
Posted May 7, 14
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
Nexus is the home of the Eldan so Myrcalus has claimed it as the rightful homeworld of the Dominion. Cassus is still populated to our knowledge and is the central home of Humans in the Galaxy.

Links to check out:
Posted May 7, 14 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
Added lore bits on botsmiths, judges and more to the Exile section!

Links to check out:
Posted May 8, 14 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
Going to kick this up for all the new people.

Links to check out:
Posted May 19, 14 · OP
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices