WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

Cassian / Exile Human Lore Compendium!

37 replies
Tea
So it's a sorta merit based society, so one could move up if one proves themselves (like a lot. a lot a lot), however if there are low born they can't become Highborn.
So lowborns can gain a position equal to or above a Highborn.
A Highborn can be given a lower position, if they aren't living up to certain standards. -this is harder since they probably had powerful friends-
Highborn have more opportunities because of connections and their linage, but can still be eclipsed by Low borns.
Did I get that right? Or am I wrong?
Posted Jan 30, 14
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
A Highborn will always have a higher status than a lowborn. However, especially in the military, if you're skilled and ambitious, you can go really far (a Draken is currently the commander of the military I believe).

So I suppose yes, you can have a position higher than a High born, but you still won't be considered worth more. High born Cassians are the cream of the Dominion, basically.

At least that's how I've understood it. Kind of like nobility.
Posted Jan 30, 14 · Last edited Jan 30, 14
Tea
Okay. So, it only happens in certain circumstances otherwise Highborns are considered more worthy most of the time.
Just trying to get it all sorted out in my head.
Posted Jan 30, 14
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
I don't think you can really say a lowborn will EVER be more "worthy" than a highborn. Even if they outrank them in military rank, the highborn will still be considered "higher" socially speaking. I suppose it can be a bit tricky and might create some friction if you have a lowbown who has a higher position, though I think highborn probably have better conditions to get these positions.

But from a purely social standpoint, a highborn will always be higher than a lowborn.
Posted Jan 30, 14
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
When I say Upper Class think of the upper crust of the American elite, lots of money, and status from who they are. Its not really akin to titled nobility more akin to an aristocracy born of their connections and their money. Their status is inherently based on the standing of the House.

So if House A of the Luminai is in power and House B is not doing so well the High Born who serve it will likely be of lower status than those who serve House A.

So essentially of being able to Rp House Lannister, Stark etc you are Rping the Knights and retainers of the Lords rather than the lords themselves if a GoT situation will help.

Though the "noble" thing doesn't seem to apply to the rest of the Dominion as a whole its mostly just Cassian society really. Also EXILE humans despise aristocracy or elitism among their society any form of it is looked down upon.
Space Opera, Mecha, Psionic-Techno / Magic, Planetary / Courtly Politics
lits_banner_2_by_catsohori-d89aoll.png
Project Blog | Features List
Release Date: 2017

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted Jan 30, 14 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
A note:

I did ask Pappy about how the Houses worked and he said he would eventually get back to me. My current theory about the Empire is that the Great Houses are much like Prince Electors of the Holy Roman Empire.

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted Jan 30, 14 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
I have updated the compendium with some more facts that Tawa gleamed from the beta. Their threads are linked at the base for readers to check out!

Links to check out:
Posted Mar 15, 14 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
Updated information about the Chroniclers :d Will be adding Judge Lore down the road and Peacekeeper Lore!

Links to check out:
Posted Mar 23, 14 · OP
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Stars:
+606
I'll be doing a series of updates as we near launch. Then a general overhaul after launch to include all the pertinent information that comes to light :d

Links to check out:
Posted May 3, 14 · OP
Stars:
+2
Does the Cassian aristocracy have any sort of peerage (e.g. Dukes, Barons, etc.)? I gather from the mention of aristocracy and feudalism I have read that this might be the case. I was hoping to use such in my character's backstory, so I was curious.
Posted May 6, 14
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices