WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 6

Granok Lore Compilation

58 replies
As I said I have seen a lot of quotes about them being 'silcon based lifeforms' just not what that actually entails! I can not find anything that actually confirms them being solid or squiggy in the middle. Silcon based does not really mean much!
Posted Nov 30, 13
The whole silicon-based life thing makes no sense if they drink beer and eat food. Unless they make their food and beer out of rocks and silicate. Rocky Road Ice cream would have a whole new meaning. lol And being flesh and blood on the inside doesnt really make much sense either since they can have parts of their body missing and it doesn't phase them.

I think Granok are one of the more interesting races in the whole game, I would just like to have some realistic biology to go with them. :)
Posted Nov 30, 13
wrote:
Also I figure that following the Way of Stone will be less common among the playable Granok, but some might try to hold onto it even just a little bit, just like the way some people IRL are religious but only when it suits them or when they feel like it. :p They might stick to a sword because of the Way of Stone, refusing to fight primarily with new technology, it's there if you want to try working with it, but generally it looks like the Granok are moving far beyond the confining philosophy.
The tenets of this philosophy were simple - the world might shift around them, but the Granok were as immutable and unchanging as the living stone from which their bodies were hewn. So it had been for tens of thousands of years, and so it would ever wrote:

This could easily be "adapted" as just limiting how much you change, trying not to lose yourself / your race's identity.

Barlow follows the Way of Stone, but he follows it his own way. Remember: "as immutable and unchanging as the living stone". Barlow doesn't budge for anyone; he sticks by his path and can't be dissuaded. While he did indeed take up arms against the Dominion and break tradition, his personal attitude has not changed.

The Way of Stone can be interpreted differently from character to character, even among the Exiles. Just because they left home and took up arms doesn't mean they can't follow their belief.

In other words: You can take the man out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the man.
Posted Nov 30, 13
Star
List
Undo
wrote:
The whole silicon-based life thing makes no sense if they drink beer and eat food. Unless they make their food and beer out of rocks and silicate. Rocky Road Ice cream would have a whole new meaning. lol And being flesh and blood on the inside doesnt really make much sense either since they can have parts of their body missing and it doesn't phase them.

I think Granok are one of the more interesting races in the whole game, I would just like to have some realistic biology to go with them. :)

As a game developer, I can say with fair certainty the devs very likely didn't fully understand what they meant when they said "silicon-based". Hell, I don't even fully get it. But I'd like to offer up the possibility that Granok are not as silicon-based as said? Perhaps just their skin has silicon, but underneath is standard flesh?
Posted Nov 30, 13
Thats the impression I'm getting they are just BS'ing there way through some of this stuff (like no FTL)... in it's self it's not a bad thing, but it does leave plot holes the size of gas giant planet.
Posted Nov 30, 13
Silicon based life forms. That's what gives them rocky looking skin that can be chipped somewhat. Their insides are still fleshy. They have tongues, eyes, organs, the whole shebang. Their rock but not rock skin gives them some innate defense but that won't hold up against a laser shot or atomic greatsword.
Posted Nov 30, 13
Where do you get that from? Because I've read all over and can't find anything about that.
Posted Nov 30, 13
Either Fenwick, Patrician, or Ender asked a carbine dev at the EU Arkship. If you want absolute confirmation, ask them. Ender made a thread about it.
Posted Nov 30, 13
Star
List
Undo
Well if Carbine says it's true, then I guess it is. At least that makes more sense than solid rock drinking beer. lol
Posted Nov 30, 13 · Last edited Nov 30, 13
Their skin may be rocky, but they've still got balls of steel.
Posted Dec 1, 13
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices