WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 3

IndustryThirteen WildStar Artbook| New art! 06.30.2016

29 replies
draken_by_industrythirteen-d6gmfte.jpg

Hello WildStar RPers! As promised, I've made some WildStar art! I also recognize a lot of artists and names from just about every other MMORPG community I've been a part of for the past few years--Aion, RIFT, TERA, SWTOR, GW2! And now I'm here, even if I'm late. But, illustrations. I do them. I also do a lot of commissions for the various gaming communities I participate in.

If you would like to commission me, please contact me via PM for prices and availability. I am more than happy to illustrate your character. I do portraits, illustrations, character design and concepts, turnarounds, storyboards, and props.

tumblr_nzkqwaanXa1rue9d8o1_1280.jpg
Commissions. I do them.

Portfolio | DevArt | Tumblr
Posted Jul 18, 13 · OP · Last edited Jun 30, 16
Star
List
Undo
Sly
Stars:
+803
Untagged users
You do beautiful things and you even managed to make draken ladies look good! Those soft colors blended perfectly; reminds me of actual oil paint.

I am endlessly saddened at the lack of Tumblr though. >o
Posted Jul 18, 13
My creature design professor said that the secret to drawing attractive women was as few marks as possible--they end up looking like aging or wrinkles, and we can't have that. Two eyes, one mouth and only one nostril. I didn't know whether to be amused or offended. It was a mix of both that resulted in a facepalm from me. Also, repetition of features and symmetry in biology. I have no idea why Draken have five fingers, but only 3 toes in a lot of the concepts. Nature don't work that way typically.

Tumblr. Tumblr. Alright, alright. Twist my rubber arm. I'll uh... figure it out... somehow.
Commissions. I do them.

Posted Jul 18, 13 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Sly
Stars:
+803
Untagged users
..I'm just going to add that I love how you draw the draken scale nobs protruding out of the skin over layered atop it.

*fangirl squee and hidden arm twisting for tumblr*
Posted Jul 18, 13
Some sketching while I was high on coffee. Doing a little concept-searching for Weyd for his Mechari, Finn (Falstaff Industries Ninty Nine.) The third one is his feedback. He liked the torso for the first one, and the legs and head of the second.
Spoiler: FINN (Mechari)Show

and, of course
Spoiler: Swimsuit Draken-SriinShow
Commissions. I do them.

Posted Jul 19, 13 · OP · Last edited Jul 19, 13
Star
List
Undo
Sly
Stars:
+803
Untagged users
Oh wow, love the bold shadows for the mechari line work. Also, you still manage to make a Draken I can tolerate to look at. XD I might even LIKE her!
Posted Jul 19, 13
wrote:
Oh wow, love the bold shadows for the mechari line work. Also, you still manage to make a Draken I can tolerate to look at. XD I might even LIKE her!

All the information is there, its just a matter of what's done with it and how its presented. I take a few liberties, but its still got all the Draken features. I didn't really want her to look furry, and when you throw on a different color palette, it looks very, very different. The entire perception changes. Plus, while I LOVE the art direction and the extreme pushing and pulling of forms, at the end of the day, I'm my own illustrator, and I need to stay true to myself.
Commissions. I do them.

Posted Jul 19, 13 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Yankh o
Stars:
+16
Online on Site
SRIIIIIIIN!

Sorry I never got in touch about my other commission idea, but I would love to get your assistance with a Mordesh Spellslinger pic if/when you get the time.
Posted Jul 20, 13
Absolutely dude! good to hear from you. However...you're playing the wrong side ;)
Commissions. I do them.

Posted Jul 20, 13 · OP
Yankh o
Stars:
+16
Online on Site
Hey girl. I go where the zombies are. I figure I'll probably end up making a Mechari at some point, but I gotta go with Mordesh first and foremost.
Posted Jul 20, 13
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices