WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 8

Arkship EU Lore Compilation

72 replies
Zackarie L. Benefactor
Posts:
2,022
Stars:
+3,092
There was a kind of filter over them to make them sound semi-robotic if I remember right, they still have a pretty human sounding voice under it though... I think.
Posted May 6, 13
First off -- thanks for this great thread!!! Very helpful indeed...

Regarding this...
Patrician wrote:
But Humans clearly are born into the Exiles. They've been running for over 287 years or so, and generations have already passed.

Just wanted to double check on this for a couple of reasons:


  1. Do we know for sure what the Human life expectancy is in Wildstar years? (Which may or may not be similar in length to our years.) Because if it's <200, then this is definitely true -- but if it's >300, then it may not be true. I might have missed this being defined somewhere.

  2. Are we sure that there is no ongoing movement from Dominion to Exile for Cassians / Humans? Two reasonable possibilities exist: (A) A Cassian on Aurin could have defected to the Exiles or (B) A Cassian now on Nexus could defect to the Exiles.

So you see what I'm driving at here -- are we reasonably sure that there is no current movement from one side to another? I mean -- the Dominion is a somewhat inflexible caste-based society and it would not be outlandish to imagine that someone who is tired of having to bring that Cassian another glass of wine whenever he breaks one gets fed up and decides to go rebel. :lol: Are we clear that this is not a possible scenario?

Just asking...
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others...past and present. And by each crime...and every kindness...we birth our future.
Posted May 10, 13
Zackarie L. Benefactor
Posts:
2,022
Stars:
+3,092
Xytale wrote:

  1. Do we know for sure what the Human life expectancy is in Wildstar years? (Which may or may not be similar in length to our years.) Because if it's <200, then this is definitely true -- but if it's >300, then it may not be true. I might have missed this being defined somewhere.

For this one, we can't actually give you a "Yes, it's this" as Chad basically said he doesn't want to fully confirm life expectancies as he wants to reveal all that with other race lore. HOWEVER, and this is the take home point. Dorian Walker is in his 80s and considered to have an unusual energy for his age... He's an old man.
Xytale wrote:

  1. Are we sure that there is no ongoing movement from Dominion to Exile for Cassians / Humans? Two reasonable possibilities exist: (A) A Cassian on Aurin could have defected to the Exiles or (B) A Cassian now on Nexus could defect to the Exiles.

So you see what I'm driving at here -- are we reasonably sure that there is no current movement from one side to another? I mean -- the Dominion is a somewhat inflexible caste-based society and it would not be outlandish to imagine that someone who is tired of having to bring that Cassian another glass of wine whenever he breaks one gets fed up and decides to go rebel. :lol: Are we clear that this is not a possible scenario?


As for this bit... Pat was mostly explaining that any humans are BORN Exile, whilst they may do whatever they decide later on, -humans- as the vast majority or whole, are born Exile. Yes, there are possible defectors from the Dominion, as we've got confirmation that the likely punishment (or attempted punishment) is execution, but honestly, it wouldn't be that many, not with the way the Dominion are, and the way their culture seems to be structured. Not to mention if they did defect, there's a large chance they'd be dead before they got anywhere worth mentioning. In short... Yes, there are likely defectors, but there probably aren't -that- many of them, and if there are, chances are they've got a pretty big target painted on them.

Cassians are pretty much all born Dominon, again, like with humans, if they decide to defect, that's their call, but however they get about doing that and whatever reasoning drives it, is again, down to RP. As for the Exile's willingness to accept a Cassian defector... Well, who knows, that's something for RP to decide I suppose or lore at a later date.
Posted May 10, 13
Star
x 2
x 2
List
Undo
Ender a
Posts:
1,959
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Fenwick answered it pretty much exactly. While we indeed have no confirmation of life expectancy, it seems like humans in WildStar is pretty close to humans in RL when it comes to age, at least close enough that I think it's VERY unlikely that a person alive during the first rebellion would still be present now. The only person that have done that is Brightland, and only because he's been, well, more or less frozen since shortly after the rebellion.

Oh, and a small note: The Aurin home planet was called "Arboria", not "Aurin" ;-)
Posted May 10, 13 · OP
Star
x 1
x 1
List
Undo
Makes sense given the Dorian Walker reference.

Defection seems improbable but not impossible -- as you say it comes down to the RP. :thumb:

Thanks!
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others...past and present. And by each crime...and every kindness...we birth our future.
Posted May 10, 13
ShadowedSin Benefactor
Posts:
1,447
Stars:
+606
Did Chad hint at all anything about the social classing for the Cassians?
Space Opera, Mecha, Psionic-Techno / Magic, Planetary / Courtly Politics
lits_banner_2_by_catsohori-d89aoll.png
Project Blog | Features List
Release Date: 2017

Links to check out:
[ Human / Cassian Lore Compendium ] | [ Racial Lore Guides ] | [ Class Lore Guides ]
Posted May 10, 13
Zackarie L. Benefactor
Posts:
2,022
Stars:
+3,092
ShadowedSin wrote:
Did Chad hint at all anything about the social classing for the Cassians?

Nothing that we don't know / Can reveal, as of yet. Unless Ender and Pat got something I missed!
Posted May 10, 13
Gerick Benefactor
Posts:
647
Stars:
+1,137
Xytale wrote:
Makes sense given the Dorian Walker reference.

Defection seems improbable but not impossible -- as you say it comes down to the RP. :thumb:

Thanks!

My Exile was born a Cassian and left not so much to become an Exile but to escape being forced down a road he didn't want to go and would eventually hook up with the Exiles. It was quite a bumpy road as most of the people he left with were killed by the Dominion. He also changed his last name and lost his accent after leaving as to make it harder to find him. (He was a teenager at the time he left)
Posted May 10, 13
Ender a
Posts:
1,959
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
We do know something, though sadly it's not something I can go into detail about right now.
However, I can say that the class system of the Cassian IS explained in lore and I'm sure it will be revealed at some point, at least once we get our hands on the game :) It's definitely in there!
Posted May 10, 13 · OP
Hmmm...that says to me that it would be wise to avoid defection on the basis of some frustration with the class system and make it for very personal reasons if you're going to do it.

Again -- thanks!
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others...past and present. And by each crime...and every kindness...we birth our future.
Posted May 10, 13
Page
of 8
NoticeNotices