Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 8

Arkship EU Lore Compilation

72 replies
Zackarie L. Benefactor
Stars:
+3,092
Yup! Remember in the first videos we saw of Espers, there were Shuriken looking projectiles, Swords, Fists and even a big ass bird. There's already a pretty wide -known- spread.
Posted May 6, 13
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Oh yeah, there's definitely more to it. Some of the skills we had access to at the earlier levels included a bird flying at the enemy, large, spinning psyblades, hands pushing enemies away and a heal that manifests as a little crown floating over the character's head. The Esper graphics are never boring!
Posted May 6, 13 · OP
Zackarie L. Benefactor
Stars:
+3,092
And not to mention the one I squealed at in one of the videos we saw >_>
Posted May 6, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+603
Spinning Psybladessssss... The ability I most look forward too.

Did it all feel very fluid though? Playing as the Esper? Like abilities flowed into one another?

Also the healing abilities, how many were accessible int he levels you go too? How did those feel like? Fluid or choppy?
Posted May 6, 13
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
I only really played a Spellslinger healer at 22, but by then, I could more or less fill up my skillbar with healing skills, so I think there's a pretty good variety. My guess is Esper is more or less the same.

Comparing Esper and Spellslinger, Spellslinger felt a bit more dynamic I think. The sort of "main" attach on your Esper, the one with the flying swords, requires you to stand still, which means you need to practice when to move and when to stop. The Spellslinger in comparison could move pretty much all the time, at least that was my experience, but it was pretty early on, so it's hard to say for sure.
They both felt very fluid, and the skills worked together nicely.

I find both quite entertaining and challenging in their own way :)
Posted May 6, 13 · OP · Last edited May 6, 13
Star
List
Undo
Zackarie L. Benefactor
Stars:
+3,092
I found Esper to be incredibly fluid, attacks really played well off one another, especially when you lined up multiple attacks, it was excellent. As for healing skills, I'm not sure we can say specifics, but there were certainly a reasonable number to work with, and most were quite fluid from what I played with.
Posted May 6, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+603
Hmm very interesting. Hmm... Well Esper and SPellslinger were definitely the two classes I was most interested in, Esper being the first... But I am glad everything felt fluid. I cannot wait to get my hands it myself haha.

THanks for answering~
Posted May 6, 13
Stars:
+182
This question may be entirely superfluous (see if I use that word correctly) and not as lore related, but how did the mechari voices sound like? Were they very mechanic and 'robotish', or did they almost sound like an actual living being when they spoke? I don't expect that anyone took note of this, but if you can remember, it would be nice to know :)
Posted May 6, 13
Stars:
+603
I pictured the voice of the female Mechari from the "Meet the Mechari" video as very following and almost seductive. Not robotic in any sense, but normal with maybe a slight accent to help fool/keep organics feel comfortable or something.

But I dont know anything specific.
Posted May 6, 13
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Melvorn wrote:
This question may be entirely superfluous (see if I use that word correctly) and not as lore related, but how did the mechari voices sound like? Were they very mechanic and 'robotish', or did they almost sound like an actual living being when they spoke? I don't expect that anyone took note of this, but if you can remember, it would be nice to know :)

Some of them reminded me a bit of GLaDOS I think... There was a definite "robotic" feel, but still... Personality to the voice if that makes sense? It was cybernetic, but not 100% robotic, and still retained a sense of humanity.

I hope that make any sense at all :d
Posted May 6, 13 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 8
NoticeNotices