WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 7

Naming Conventions

66 replies
Stars:
Did a bit of running around on the Arkship on Sunday night and gathered up a few more Exile names (also found a couple while digging through lore)... Next beta weekend I'll hopefully be able to get some more from other zones, last weekend was a bit busy to get much game time in >.< I'm sometimes guessing on whether something is a surname or a first name, since a lot of the minor npcs are named something like "Volunteer <name>" or "Settler <name>" etc. I tended to assume it was a first name for Granok and a last name for anyone else. My one Granok with a last name actually had 2 names...

Aurin Female: Gybella, Vella, Bralla (Only writing the ones you don't have on your list already)
Aurin Male: Valynn, Vales, Nooks, Barback
Aurin Surname: Sagefern, Greenpollen, Cloudfeather, Shywind, Truroot, Barkbiter, Trubud, Whisperbud

Granok Female: Danoxu
Granok Male: Danny (I know, it doesn't sound right, but he's there in the bar area o.O if he's a reference to something I didn't get it...)
Granok Surname: Studrok

Mordesh Female: Lucy, Avra, Mina
Mordesh Male: (didn't find any you don't have)
Mordesh Surname: Lazarin, Grizlakov, Gregkovian, Darkos

Exile Human Female: Sadie, Wennie, Madeline, Marthia, Belle
Exile Human Male: Les
Exile Human Surname: Riggs, Wiles, Raymes, Grevil, Heathford, Westlee, Hollowberry, Dreamly

Done a bit of work on the namegen scripts, but I haven't set up the website to put them on yet, so it'll still be a little while.
Posted Mar 25, 14
Stars:
+102
Updated with the names Mirax grabbed, since that's pretty quick. Gonna read over the Character Naming Guide off of WildStar Report a few times before adding that information in.
Posted Mar 26, 14 · OP
Stars:
+177
fred is a good name.
Posted Mar 26, 14
Stars:
+1
wrote:
Updated with the names Mirax grabbed, since that's pretty quick. Gonna read over the Character Naming Guide off of WildStar Report a few times before adding that information in.
I dunno if you saw, but there's an article on there about Exile names now as well. (link)
Posted Mar 26, 14
Stars:
Hey, I've finally gotten some kind of start on the generator scripts, and found somewhere to host them (please excuse the ugliness of the site, the theme is still under major construction)... Human Exile scripts are up, and so is a Guild one... gonna see if I can finish Aurin and/or Mordesh later tonight...

The scripts can be found here: Name Generators @ Big Damn Heroes

They're still pretty silly (not enough names in them and Exile humans have weirdly diverse names), but they're a start...

And you can also see the list of names I collected so far. I think I have most of the names from the both factions starting ships, 4 starting areas and cities...
Posted Apr 10, 14 · Last edited Apr 10, 14
Stars:
+102
Awesome, Mirax.

I'll get them added in soon, though the link is going in now. I was out of town for Easter, even though it's not exactly a holiday I personally celebrate...but we caught a damn viral cold on the way home, so my brain is not in the mode to deal with merging the names right this second. But once it's cleared, I'll start merging. Thanks so much!
The Realm of Role Play
Posted Apr 28, 14 · OP
Stars:
+18
So hey, here's some fancy shmancy cassian names.

Kunio and Juro Takigurian.
Both Cassian males and owners of asian-sounding names (trending on japanese). Also taking into account that one of the low level craftable PvP Dominion swords is actually called a katana, I think doors are open if people want to use asian names for their cassians (and there's the hologram projector NPC in Illium who also looks rather asian).
FFXIV : Mylene Lumieaux on Balmung
PSO2 : オゲラウン on Ship 2
Posted May 2, 14
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices