WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 7

Naming Conventions

66 replies
There's a Female Granok named Ruby so I'm pretty sure all stone names are acceptable for Granok. Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Sapphire...

I would offer a word of caution with that assumption. Ruby was the player character from the Warrior live stream. In the Spellslinger live stream the Chua was called Adorbs (as in adorable...), so I would not assume they are giving them lore approximate names! Though it is more likely for the Granok than the Chua.
Posted Nov 29, 13
Star
List
Undo
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
There's a Female Granok named Ruby so I'm pretty sure all stone names are acceptable for Granok. Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Sapphire...

I would offer a word of caution with that assumption. Ruby was the player character from the Warrior live stream. In the Spellslinger live stream the Chua was called Adorbs (as in adorable...), so I would not assume they are giving them lore approximate names! Though it is more likely for the Granok than the Chua.

I'll second this. While I do think Ruby could be a Granok name, Carbine has showed quite a lot of humor, and as far as I remember, some of the "spokes characters" for the Paths early on had some rather "out there" names as well, that I'm guessing wasn't meant to be taken completely in character either, as much as done for the sake of humor.

That being said, I don't see humerous names as being out of the question, exactly beacuse the universe has quite a lot of it.
Posted Nov 29, 13
haha Granok named Krull.
Posted Nov 29, 13
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2
With NDA now lifted, I can share some names I ran around getting in the newbie areas. Note that ALL of these are male names, as I was looking specifically for inspiration for my own characters (I always play males).

MORDESH

Mikhael
Grigory
Igory
Liev
Brekova
Kholov
Victor
Makhail
Vosko
Lukas
Alexi

Analysis: These mostly show up on RW lists of male Russian names.

GRANOK

Greko
Krag
Durag
Chip
Torr
Benzag
Durek
Krull
Galtok
Takag

Analysis: There seem to be a couple of naming styles at work here. One is the obvious use of geology-related words (Chip), often with variant spellings (Krag = crag; Torr = tor).
The other less obvious convention seems to be to combine two 'rock'-related or -themed words - thus GRANite rOcK, DURable crAG, and DURable flEcK.
Others I haven't worked out - some fit part of the pattern (TAK___? crAG, BENZene? crAG, GAL____? rOcK), while others don't seem to fit at all (Greko? Krull beyond the humor angle).
59e8291efef46d93.png
Posted Mar 14, 14
Star
List
Undo
I dropped this post in the Grank lor thread but should probably add this here too.

"Sarge, we got a butt-load of Female Granok Names from NPCs in the beta incoming. Well I say a butt-load but actually use rockin' gals are a bit thin on the ground."

Some of these Granok have job-titles (Builder, Provisioner, etc.) but none have surnames.
Name
Kara
Raska
Praxa
Praxa
Gagaru
Gemma
Dexaku
Koga
Kroma
Korara
Roxi
Arkoz
Jadax
Moxmay
Trakaxo
Mogra
Ferrita
Grumshot
Grekka
Frega
Zone
Arkship
Celestian
Celestian
Thyad
Thyad
Thyad
Thyad
Thyad
Thyad
Thyad
Thyad
Algoroc
Galeras
Galeras
Algoroc
Algoroc
Galeras
Galeras
Galeras
Whitevale
Posted Mar 14, 14
Stars:
+2
Extatica over at the Wildstar Central forums pointed me to this comment by lore dev Chad Moore on Chua naming (original link in this thread: http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/chua-naming-conventions.6172/ ):

"A little guidance on Chua naming.

1.) Keep the names short...neither first or last should be more than two syllables.
2.) My personal preference is mixing up the syllable count...have one for either first or last, and then the two for the other.
3.) In terms of guidance about spelling - nothing hard and fast, but I try to create names that have both humor and a certain kinetic energy. These guys are bouncing around all the time, getting into trouble. I like to give them names that reflect that.
4.) In terms of female Chua - are there female Chua? Are there even male Chua? Ah, the mysteries of Nexus...

Pappy"
59e8291efef46d93.png
Posted Mar 16, 14
Stars:
+102
Ignore the original quote and question. I just woke up and forgot they separated the Exiles out as "Humans" for this stuff.

Updated, after long hiatus due to RL stuff and being super busy running an FC over XIV.
The Realm of Role Play
Posted Mar 22, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 22, 14
Stars:
Hi, I'm random and new... I found this webpage while doing a search for area names in Wildstar for a guild name generator I'm working on... I was wondering if y'all would object to me using your data from this thread to attempt to put together some name generator scripts for the various races.
Posted Mar 23, 14
Stars:
+102
I do not object at all! This has been a community project, and I even stepped away from it for months. I doubt anyone who has posted information would object. Once you get the generator working, if you don't mind, I'll probably take some things from that - there are still some sparse entries here! And of course, link the generator in the original post if you'd like. ^.^
The Realm of Role Play
Posted Mar 23, 14 · OP
Stars:
+1
There's a nice writeup on Dominion naming conventions over here on WIldstar Report that might be helpful for some. :)
Posted Mar 25, 14
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices