WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Recommended Addons?

4 replies
Stars:
+167
Online on Site
Hey guys.

Been hanging out in WS again and it looks like it's going to be a regular thing. It's been long enough that all my addons are out of date I'd like to know what people are using these days. Looks like Curse morphed a bit and I've heard the old addon manager broke. How do you guys handle addon installation and updates now?

I'll probably update Revisit soonish. At the very least I'll bring it up to date with the current API level.
Posted Jul 18, 18 · OP
Stars:
+28
Hi there! I made a guide about this for my guild that you might find useful. You can find it here.
Posted Jul 18, 18
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+167
Online on Site
Thanks! I'd complain about having to load the Twitch client but I was equally wary of the old CurseClient. Guess I'll treat them the same (kill it with fire when it's done)
Posted Jul 18, 18 · OP
Stars:
+28
Yeah it's not great...but it works! I was grouchy about it at first, but I just ignore it now.
Posted Jul 18, 18
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+110
I recommend Chatsplitter, especially for RPing.

Also the filepath to manually add addons is this:
C:/>Users>[username]>%appdata%>Roamning>NCsoft>Wildstar>Addons

Make sure 'hidden' files/folders are active in your view settings for Windows to see APPDATA specifically.

When you download an addon, unzip it on your desktop. Then grab the folders within that unzipped folder, and drop them into the Addons folder for that path.

In many cases, just a reload-ui in game will load it up! Otherwise just reboot the game!
Posted Jul 26, 18
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices