WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 2

[COMPLETED] [NA X-Faction] Mercenary Soldiers Wanted for Operation: Red Doormat !!!

16 replies
Lucky Strike Benefactor
Stars:
+41
Critical Update: This mission has been COMPLETED! Thank you so much for everyone who joined!!

(( This is for a space-fighting event planned for Tuesday, November 14th, at 7 PM Eastern, and is expected to run about 3ish hours! Details below!! ))

In the seedier hangouts in Thayd, Illium, and towns all over Nexus, this poster can be found:

8TDa4i3.jpg

[you swipe your datachron over the chip embedded in the poster~]

Scanning...

Scan complete.

No malicious software detected.

No authorization requirements detected.

Opening File...

The Gold Lotus seeks to Establish itself as a reputable and mutually beneficial commerce partner for all brave denizens of the Nexus stars system. In accordance to the Proto-Neutral Economic Stimulation rulings, we are a fair-opportunity commerce partner with no political or governmental connections.

We are currently outsourcing contracts for Conflict Resolution Agents and Skilled Vehicle Pilots to assist in discouraging unnecessarily prolonged renegotiation of material acquisitions.

This particular contract is for Operation: Red Doormat, Phase 2 of our competitive response towards conflicting business organizations.

Specifications: Contractees should expect heavy resistance by ground agents and weaponized vehicles. After successful shuttle-transport landing, Contractees will be positioned in a dense urban setting and expected to secure primary strategy points by advancing forward. Expect heavily armed resistance of both military and espernetic origin.

Agents of this particular contract have the following assets available at their disposal:

2 Class MB6 "Bulldog" Tanks with wall-breaching front grills.

We are looking to fill the following positions for this job:

Conflict Resolution Agent (Mercenary): Up to 10
  • Must bring your own weapon
  • Must be willing to shoot and/or tend to injured.

Driver: Up to 2
  • Must be capable of driving heavily armored weaponized vehicle.

Terms:
-The Gold Lotus holds claim to any acquired windfall assets, including but not limited to: Cargo, Weapons, Enemy Bodies. At the firms discretion, assets may be gifted or liquidated to provide larger financial compensation for outsourced agents to establish better rapport.

- The Gold Lotus is an independent third party not affiliated with any government in accordance to the Proto-Neutral Economic Stimulation rulings, and thus, agents should be prepared to work with other agents from potentially conflicting political views. Agents are not allowed to harm other agents until completion of the contract, when they are no longer represanative of Gold Lotus interests.

Payment and Benefits:

• Payment is in local currency coin. Alternative payment methods, if desired, should be discussed prior with the below listed agent and cannot be guaranteed if discussed after.
  • Agents will be compensated for: Lost limbs, lost eyes, or destroyed organs, resulting from execution of this contract. Free medical treatment is provided at a none-disclosed medical facility. In the event of the agents termination as a result of this contract, their payment share will be forwarded to any names listed as beneficiaries.
  • Successful execution of this contract will build rapport with The Gold Lotus and may lead to future job opportunities.

To agree, please send your electronic signature and any logistically relevant information about yourself to the following agent:

White Rose.
Chron#: 133740414
I4YasHT.gif

OOC

This is for a GM'd (Game Mastered) event planned for Tuesday, November 14th, at 7 PM Eastern, and is expected to run between 3~4 hours!

The Event will consist of heavy combat using turn-based emotes and very simple dice mechanics (see the drop-down tabs below.)

ALL characters are invited regardless of Exile/Dominion standing! It's up to you to decide which character to bring, but the hired-gun nature of this quest makes it especially suited for:

- Mercenaries, Bounty Hunters, and Assassins
- Morally flexible characters
- Anyone desperate for a windfall of money

Due to the detailed and turn-based nature of this event, I'm looking for a maximum of 12 or so bodies. Priority will go to those who've signed up!

Feel free to respond to this message, both ICly and OOCly with any comments or questions, or through in-game mail: Lucki Rosethorn. Please provide your Character name, your ROLE, and your SPECIAL (listed on the drop downs below!)

Also, if you think you'll be running late, please let me know!

Critical Update: This mission has been COMPLETED! Thank you so much for everyone who joined!!

Mercenaries / Conflict Resolution Agents

1. Kintallo Bladetail: Fighter, Lucky
  2. Zlatik Logoch: Fighter, Tenacious
  3. Alarkos Voidlord: Fighter, Tenacious
  4. Happy Arkevox: Fighter, Inspiring
  5. Explorer Breezi: Healer, Multitasker
  6. Mica Stonefall: Mechanic, Focused
  7. Virith Crimsonroot: Scout, Saboteur
  8. Quint Colias: Scout, Saboteur.
  9. Brigid Bree: Fighter , Tenacious
  10. Perri Rustedsky: Mechanic, Lucky
  11. Nefi Tendertail: Healer, Inspiring

Tank Drivers (Optional)
  1. TBA

Spoiler: Lucki Lite Dice SystemShow

Spoiler: Roles and SpecialsShow

Posted Nov 2, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 15, 17
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+281
Kintallo Bladetail- Mercenary- Lucky
Posted Nov 5, 17
Stars:
+77
question: Can you specifically define what kinds of actions Attack, Healing, Defense, Repair, Vehicle, Stealth and Utility cover during play? they are all referred to as 'skills' but it's a bit unclear what some of them are for (in particular Utility!)
that aside, I am eyeing up joining this. Your system looks fun. :d
The Hair, the Chin, the Legend
Posted Nov 5, 17
Lucky Strike Benefactor
Stars:
+41
question: Can you specifically define what kinds of actions Attack, Healing, Defense, Repair, Vehicle, Stealth and Utility cover during play? they are all referred to as 'skills' but it's a bit unclear what some of them are for (in particular Utility!)
that aside, I am eyeing up joining this. Your system looks fun. :d

Sure! This is a simplified version of a system for a group I've been GMing for (The Mint Julep) but since these missions are open sign up, I wanted to make it easy to jump in while giving enough customization that each person's character brings something to it.

I'm not a stickler for hard rules and generally go with common sense, especially in so open and simple a system like this, but to give examples:

Attack: Doing damage to things! Whether it's melee, shooting, karate chopping, or head-butting. But if someone wanted to do something like tackle and pin a character, an attack bonus would help there too. A normal successful attack does 1 damage - for comparison, a minion enemy has 1 life, so an average attack can take out a weak enemy in one hit.

Defense: When you get attacked, you make a defense roll (instead of me rolling an attack for the enemy) success usually results in NOT getting hit! Harder enemies will do more damage or have many more attacks per turn.

Healing: Recovering people's HP! When a person heals, the amount of HP recovered is half of the damage, rounded up. So if someone had 3 damage, it would heal 2 life back. If they had 5, then a successful heal would recover 3 health, etc.

Stealth: For sneaking around unnoticed! The usefulness of stealth is situational and dependent on the player. But, lets say someone wanted to make a sneak attack on an enemy. If they started the round with no enemies specifically focused on them, I'd say make two rolls - the first is a sneak roll (to quickly approach the target without being noticed) and the second is an attack roll. If the sneak roll succeeds (5 or higher), then the attack roll gets +2 to hit and +1 damage (double damage) - but if the sneak roll fails, the enemy hears the player coming right before the attack, and the attack roll gets a -3. If the player had the "assassin" special and a free PIP, they could opt to spend the pip right after the successful sneak roll to get an auto-hit of 3 damage (which is a LOT in my system) --- this scenario isn't set in stone though! If a player tried to sneak up on an enemy that was attacking them, or while out in the open while enemies were firing at them, then they'd get greater penalties to their sneak roll.

Repair: Repair is like healing, but with vehicles! In this case, it's for the grease-monkey types. It could also be used like a mechanic skill - if someone wanted to try and turbo-boost a tank's engine, or charge up the next attack, to give the driver a bonus to their next roll/attack, then I'd take a repair

Utility: Utility, in this case, is my catch-all 'fiddlin with stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories' skill. Disarming or setting traps - hacking a computer - bypassing a security door - using an auxiliary system on a ship (like sensors).

There's wiggle room for overlap too. Like if someone is using a massive gun turret on a ship - the +1 from piloting or the +1 from being a soldier would both apply. Likewise, if a mechanic (repair +1) and a scout (utility +1) were both trying to prevent a ship's systems from being taken over by a hostile hacker, either bonus would apply.

It's all common-sense-y. That's a real word now.

Your role doesn't limit what you can do. Healers can still attack, soldiers can still heal (I'm sure they've got medkits on them) mechanics can still try to sneak up on enemies and whack em with a big wrench. Players tend to think up things I'd never expect them to do, so a lot of it is on-the-fly judgement.

However, another place I consider the role is when critical failures are rolled (the infamous 1.) If someone playing a Healer role tries to heal someone and gets a 1, I might say they over-dosed the patient on pain meds which gives them a -2 on their next roll. If a warrior tries to heal someone and rolls a 1, well... I mean...you could always blame it on the enemy after the battle...assuming they can still identify the patient...

I'd say just pick the two things that 'sound' the most like your character!
Posted Nov 5, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 5, 17
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2
Kytex Dandyleaf, Bounty Hunter, Dead Eye
Posted Nov 5, 17
Stars:
+85
I'd like to tentatively sign up under
Kharyn Aranis: Fighter: Multitasker

Will update closer to the date, currently unknown how my work Schedule will affect me.
Alt list:
Kharyn Aranis - Draken Warrior
Axis Calvia - Mechari Stalker (Inactive)
Alya Slate - Granok Warrior
Posted Nov 5, 17
Stars:
+13
Mica Stonefall: Mechanic, Focused

Edit: If needed, Mica can be a driver to open up a spot on the list. I might switch his role to "Pilot" in that case. :)
Rafael Bravo: Human "Ambassador" for Fantastic Enterprises
Marko Lovás: Mordesh chef extraordinaire and head chef of FE, once famous
Yora Ivuneq: Mordesh quartermaster for Fantastic Enterprises
Mica Stonefall: Granok software engineer, crewmember of the Mint Julep

Tumblr Blog: Lovás All You Need
Posted Nov 6, 17 · Last edited Nov 7, 17
Stars:
+80
Virith Crimsonroot: Scout, Saboteur
Posted Nov 7, 17
Stars:
+77
Thanks! That helps a lot!

EDIT: ahhh! I just saw that it's filled up while I was waiting to get back to you on my question D: Do I still have a spot?
The Hair, the Chin, the Legend
Posted Nov 7, 17 · Last edited Nov 7, 17
Stars:
+63
Brigid Bree: Soldier , Tenacious. Or a Tank Driver due to being filled.
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Nov 7, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices