WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

A bit of a question from a new player [POTENTIAL NSFW]

3 replies
Stars:
I've been testing the waters of Wildstar RP for a few weeks now, and I still feel pretty new to the whole thing, and I have a rather odd and possibly uncomfortable question to ask, and I may get a varying answers to this, but...here goes: how saturated is the Wildstar RP scene, in terms of ERP? Yes, I know, taboo subject, but I want to know a few things, namley:

1) The community's general opinion of such things as a whole.
2) The (general) frequency at which it happens.
3) (Optional) Hear horror stories about such things, as I find them quite fun to read.

I will start by giving my personal opinion on the subject. I will have to say that I think it has a time and place to exist, and if two adults really want to do it, let them be behind closed doors, but public ERP of any kind is something not only to be shamed, but to be punished. If your character is, ICly, loose and flirty, then keep it a bit more on the tame side, you can flirt without being explicit, and you can do it to a reasonable degree.
Posted Oct 14, 17 · OP
Stars:
+17
Caretaker
Obviously I can't speak for every player or situation, but the prevalent opinion Domside hews pretty close to yours. We're all pretty open-minded, but we expect people to be responsible and to seek and heed consent, which negates most public ERP (because it subjects bystanders to ERP without their consent). But otherwise, what consenting adults do without their pixel pants is their business and if they fuck it up we do our best to educate and ensure it doesn't happen again. 18+ venues exist, but we discourage their advertisement in the in-game WSRP (Darknest exists for a reason), and I honestly can't estimate the frequency because if done well, no one else knows about it.

I also can't share stories; I've none of my own to share, and I wouldn't share another's without their permission. And if they're willing to give that, they should probably share themselves.
3817763.jpg
Posted Oct 15, 17
Stars:
+17
Caretaker
Oh: and the community has ZERO tolerance for ERP involving minors. Reports of such will be taken seriously; we've banned people before and absolutely will do it again.
Posted Oct 15, 17
Stars:
+110
What Astoreth said so politely.

My blunt version: Keep it private, between adults, with OOC clarity and agreement.

Stick to that, nobody cares.
Posted Oct 15, 17
NoticeNotices