WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Jesse Payne Film List [Headcanon RP Resource]

3 replies
Stars:
+28
tumblr_opmcp9J7nB1rp7q07o1_1280.png
Poster by the talented @wethatkindoforc.

Who is Guy Fantastic?

Who is Guy Fantastic?! What backwater asteroid have you been living on, buckaroo? Why, he's only the galaxy's hottest actor-director since 1655; winner of Galaxy Expanding's Most Influential Humanitarians of the 17th Century award; 47-time Academy Award Winner for Best Actor in Lead Role, Best Cinematography, Best Director, Best Original Song, and Best Sexy Beard; Quasar Magazine's Most Successful Person of 1664 and 1667; winner of the Silver Fox Hunters' League award four years running; self-made millionaire entrepreneur; CEO of Fantastic Enterprises; philanthropist; lover; and all-purpose gentleman. Got all that, cupcake?

Guy Fantastic began his career in 1650, when a talent scout discovered him on the Ekose-owned space station Calamity Falls, and cast him in the lead role of a film called Jesse Payne and the Phantom Planet (1651). The film quickly faded into obscurity, being just successful enough to eke out a budget for a second installment, A Coffin for Klarybel (1652), also starring Guy Fantastic. It, too, was a box-office yawn. It wasn't until the release of Midnight on Calamity Falls (1655), both written and directed by Fantastic himself, that Jesse Payne became a household name. Midnight on Calamity Falls was an overnight sensation, drawing record-breaking crowds even on hard-to-target planets like Mikros.

Fantastic has since written, directed, and stared in an additional eleven Jesse Payne films, each one a box-office behemoth in is opening weekend. Fantastic's fifteenth movie, titled Border Man, is currently in pre-production, and is scheduled for release this winter.

Who is Jesse Payne?

Jesse Payne (human) is a quick-witted, clever-tongued, gentleman roanboy who roams the galaxy in his faithful ship, Steelheart, helping out those in need. He was born on a backwater moon called Jonah's Rest, and was brought up hard by a tough-love father in a world where Marauders were the nicest folk he met. Tragically orphaned at the age of 12, he took to the stars in his father's old ship, vowing to be the better man his father always said he could be.

His larger-than-life adventures have been the stuff of fandom since he caught his first crime lord in Midnight on Calamity Falls. The popularity of the movies has spawned myriad toy, apparel, and decor lines, as well as a spin-off cartoon show. There is an officially licensed Jesse Payne-themed park at most Proto-World resorts, Jesse Payne actors are a popular hire at birthday parties, and every Shade's Eve, there's a strong chance of seeing multiple children sporting the ten-gallon hat and iconic gold pistols that have come to symbolize the name of Jesse Payne.

Show Me the Films!

Spoiler: Jesse Payne and The Phantom PlanetShow

Spoiler: A Coffin for KlarybelShow

Spoiler: Midnight on Calamity FallsShow

Spoiler: All Aboard the IngenuityShow

Spoiler: Elbow GreaseShow

Spoiler: The Moons of EkoShow

Spoiler: Revenge of the MegadroidsShow

Spoiler: Gods and HeirsShow

Spoiler: Black Moon KingdomShow

Spoiler: The Golden GranokShow

Spoiler: The Ravaging of ArboriaShow

Spoiler: High Noon at Armadillo SpringsShow

Spoiler: Bury My Heart at Walker's BluffShow

Spoiler: Far From AnywhereShow

Spoiler: Border ManShow

OOC Notes

As a player, I love having player-made people, events, and things to reference in my RP. I thought it would be fun to create a famous movie star, his films, and subsequent cultural impact for people to use as supplements to their own RP. You are more than welcome to us this information in your RP (in fact I'd be delighted if you did) to help our lovely WildStar universe seem a little bigger, fuller, and livelier. Eventually, I'll add movie poster art to this list.

If you have any questions about Guy or his films, feel free to PM me or contact me on Tumblr. Cheers!
Posted Aug 11, 17 · OP · Last edited Aug 11, 17
Star
List
Undo
This is great stuff, I wish I could learn to make some videos and such to go with all of it.
Posted Aug 11, 17
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+28
Thank you! And yeah, I wish the same thing. (:
Posted Aug 11, 17 · OP
Stars:
+13
#guyfantasticfanboy
#fantasticfans