Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 3

Shaori Warden's Personal Journal - Torine Expedition Excerpts

22 replies
Stars:
+149
Day 96

From the looks of how things are set up, I suspect some kind of ceremony is going to take place here. I don't know what it is, and I'm almost certain they won't let me write about it, but I expect it will be fascinating nonetheless. Hunts have also been larger the last couple days, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of sacrifice or feast as a part of it. Or both. Either way, I'm looking forward to it. From the looks of it, they're almost done setting everything up, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the next day or two.

It's too bad Neria is going to miss the celebration. I really would have liked to have here for it. She's been gone for several days now. I know she's a strong woman, far stronger than I, but I still can't keep myself from worrying about her. Even just thinking about her missing like this makes it sting more. I've been around long enough to recognize this feeling. I've certainly grown quite fond of her, but clearly it was deeper than even I thought. Silly as it may sound, I think I may have fallen for her.
Posted Aug 23, 17 · OP
Stars:
+149
Day 98

Reminder to self: Never, ever try to outdrink a Torine.

The events of last night are something of a haze. I remember the initial ceremony. Neria passed her trials and was granted the title of Deathbringer. I was a little disappointed that Tresayne herself did not preside over the ceremony, but like any of us she can't be everywhere at once. It was a rather serious affair at the start, but once the initiation completed the fun started. Who doesn't love to celebrate a friend getting a big promotion?

Things start getting a little hazier after that. The food was amazing and so were the drinks. And then Neria challenged me to a drinking contest. As if I could have turned down the challenge. Though I'm really wishing I had now. My head has been pounding all morning and no amount of water is going to help me. Anything that happened after that....it's gone. I don't know if I passed out at the table or managed to keep going or what.

Guess it's time to start asking around and get the details.
Posted Aug 30, 17 · OP
Stars:
+149
Day 101

It's hard to believe I've been among the Torine for a hundred days. Granted, about a week of that was in captivity, but I'll count it. The time really has flown by. It's a bit hard to wrap my head around just how much has happened since then. Captured, fought for my life, released, trained a lot, hunting parties, and celebrations and that's leaving out so very much. I hope the XAS is satisfied with what I can provide, despite all the omissions.

But the biggest thing isn't how much I've seen or learned, but how much I have changed. I can see it when I stare at my reflection. I'm not getting younger, but I look more alive than I have in years. I see the woman in the photos with Richard, the one who knew how to really laugh and smile. Not the pain and sorrow that I carried since his death. Maybe I'm not fully at peace with it yet, but I'm at peace with myself. And that's where it all really starts.

And now there's Neria. Never have I met a more remarkable woman. Strength, wisdom, courage, grace she has it all. When you have more than a lifetime to learn, you really can have it all. Or perhaps it's just single-minded determination. There are very few distractions here. But she has definitely become one for me. Even if she is training me now, it's hard to keep focused around her when we aren't actively drilling.
Posted Sep 6, 17 · OP
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices