WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

I have concerns...

2 replies
Stars:
+281
I personally haven't had any experiences in regards to those with authority, but I do often see people being crucified for the silliest little thing or opinion, and I see this on both factions. A lot of RPers I know have left WS because they were victims of this, or they have witnessed such behavior themselves and are tired of feeling like they have to walk on eggshells. This is the number one criticism I get when I talk to former WS RPers.

Guys, we're playing virtual Barbie. Calm down. Jumping on peoples' backs about their RP preferences or IC/OOC opinions on something, anything, to the point that they leave the game does not make you a dispenser of justice, but a -bully-. You become the very thing you are trying to prevent.

This is not Tumblr. Stop it.
Posted Mar 14, 17
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I read this and would like to address it, but I'm not quite sure what specifically is being referred to.

I do invite if anyone has any concerns to definitely bring them to me and let me know! I like to think I'm fairly accessible and will talk with anyone.

My philosophy has always been to try and keep direct or personal issues between the parties involved and the mod staff. This is a tough decision though, because it leaves us in a situation - Do you release information and run the risk of poisoning someones ability to play in the game, or do you keep it quiet and then just take the slings and arrows that come from people spreading stuff about you?

If there's a specific issue you want to talk about, send me a tell and I'll talk about it. I don't think a forum wide conversation is the appropriate venue to have it (though anyone else sharing concerns is also invited to send me messages, either here or Discord)
Posted Mar 14, 17
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Yo, dude, sometimes you gotta acknowledge the elephant in the room by addressing it. Is the person in question an actual moderator/staff of the site here or the WSRP Discord? If so, that's an easy fix: talk to the admins. Make sure you have a strong presentation for your case and keep open to the options and suggestions available.

Straight up, though, there's a Code of Conduct for a reason. Peppercorn can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that the same rules apply for the Discord as well. So if this is a case of moderation or administration gone shoes-up, that can be taken care in an appropriate manner.

If it's a guild/circle leader, there isn't much to be done about them aside from trying to talk to them one or one, or just block and avoid them altogether. It sucks that only a small segment of the community is capable of spoiling the opinion of others, but it's not the first time this has happened and it surely won't be the last. However...

Take heart and remember that reasonable resolution can be achieved if we strive for betterness rather than to run away and further fragment the community. I know that's easier said than done, but putting in the effort and creating a positive community experience for yourself as well as others is a great step forward.

I hope your situation gets resolved.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Mar 14, 17 · Last edited Mar 14, 17
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices