WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

T113: Rumors of the Reaper's Radio; An unsettling series of events; Rise of the Black Star

3 replies
Lucky Strike Benefactor
Stars:
+41
((Just foreshadowing of things to come! Enjoy!))

A few months ago, Tachyon Channel 113 was another unremarkable dead channel, used by the infrequent shipper when primary channels were full of chatter.

But over the past few months, something has been using it none-stop.

What was once dead air is now filled with the screech and moans of encrypted data. This by itself isn't so remarkable - passing smugglers and agents from all sides shoot random encrypted messages through random channels all the time. But the sheer volume of data and the clarity of the signal suggest this is ... different.

This is something big.

Fearing a super weapon from the other side, both the Dominion and Exiles set up special task forces devoted to tracing and decrypting the signal's source. Yet months later, no progress has been made on either count. The only comforting revelation comes from the fact that both sides seem equally ignorant.

Rumors of this mystery signal have only just begun trickling down to the average Nexian. Compared to tales of undead pirates and ancient godlike entities, the story is only a drop of strange on a planet of madness. It is, however, a mystery that anyone can tune into. And many curious Nexians have, if only out of fleeting curiosity, found themselves tuning in to channel T-113 to hear for themselves the buzz, screech, and whirls of an unknown message, from an unknown sender, to unknown receivers.

But for some, the story doesn't end there...

Spoiler: Particularly sensitive Espers, Those in touch with the Weave, or those with shamantic and oracle abilities, may have a recurring dream after listening to channel T-113:Show

Spoiler: Ekose, or people with close regular business contact with Ekose, or historians researching Ekose culture, would know something about T-113Show

Spoiler: Experienced Hackers, Communication Technicians, or Robotic Programmers, might want to do their own investigation!Show
Posted Feb 23, 17 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
This sounds really interesting! My Mordesh hacker/surveillance could definitely take an interest in this!
Posted Feb 24, 17
Stars:
+108
I don't know what you got planned, but hot damn--if Dominion characters can be in on this, I have two different characters who would be all over this. This, by itself, sounds like a great story.
Mercurius Nero/Bram Harper - Highborn Smuggler, and Information Broker
Tatius Auriel - Curator to the Library of Hycrest, and Inquisitor
Zooks Wardshaw - 'Space Trucker' a.k.a. a space hillbilly freighter
Aelia Saito - Agent of the Saito Clan

Personal Blog: http://spacepissbabies.tumblr.com/
Posted Feb 24, 17
Lucky Strike Benefactor
Stars:
+41
@Enter & Mercurius Nero & anyone else interested!

Originally this was going to be a stand-alone story! While I wasn't planning to focus too much on the original investigation, if people are actually interested in doing so, I don't see why not?

So here's a thread for those that want to ICly investigate on their own: Investigating T113
Posted Mar 1, 17 · OP
NoticeNotices