WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Dom] Ancient Chua RP!

5 replies
Stars:
+19
Hello everyone!
I have an idea for a new roleplay, I don't think anyone has done this before, and it seems like it could be interesting and go a long way. Ancient Bezgalore. No one has ever talked about it much and I think it would be the perfect object of interest for roleplay. Since there's not much cannon on it, we can do just about anything! If you think this is a good idea and it interests you, let me know!
Posted Feb 2, 17 · OP
Stars:
+63
Well, I have a Chua Museum on Ferg McJinti's lot, Pinky. I think we can start a tour there.
Douglas Bricius (Cassian Warrior Scientist, OC and Main character)
Brigid Bree (Human Stalker Soldier, Exiles Alt and future brewery owner)
Ferg McJinti (Chua Working Class Author)
Valeria Caesarius (Fleet Officer and a Lady)
Ursula Zaros (Mordesh Medical Migrator)
Posted Feb 3, 17
Stars:
+10
As in, a RP that takes place in the past?

I've done that sort of thing before on other games. Wildstar's housing system makes such a thing very possible, build/scene wise.

I've had a lot of fun with such RPs. The thing is, though, they're a bit tricky to pull off. Mainly because you're asking people to make a new character that will never be used outside of your circle/RP. You have to give them enough RP to keep interested/engaged in that character. And in many cases, they'll lose interest in that character due to there only being one place to RP them.

But as I've said, I've still had fun with such RPs. Mainly because I was able to find a group of small but very interested players who were willing to put up with the cons of past-RP and keep coming to my events/RPs.

If you go through with this, best of luck! It has potential to be fun if done right and catches interested people.
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same.
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son.
Posted Feb 3, 17
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+19
Oh no! So sorry! I meant as a forum RP, not in game. I'm sorry, I should have made that more clear. I just wanted to see if anyone would even be interested before I bothered to write up the rule and intro for it. I was planning to post more details later today.

Sorry for the confusion!
Posted Feb 3, 17 · OP
Stars:
+19
Ok, so I have been inventing some headcanon for ancient Bezgalore. there are two main ways I'm thinking this RP could go:

1. Everybody could create a random Chua character from the past. (Remember this is just forum rp!) Just list their name, age, gender, etc.

2. We could either decide to RP as several generations Chua living in a burrow. Each person could play a family member. (It seems likely that the Chua were burrowing animals who built huts to protect the entrances to their burrows.

3. Or, we could RP as a village of Chua.

I've set up a poll of which habitat we should RP in based off of what types of places I think Chua might naturally be found in. Of course, all of this is just headcanon, so feel free to give me your ideas and suggestion to make this an awesome, fun and successful RP!
Posted Feb 3, 17 · OP
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
I do think this could be an interesting and fun idea for those who like such and those who also like Forum RP.

I do hope it's successful! For me It's not something I'd really be into though I think it would be fun and interesting to see the stories that come up. I imagine it would be very Red Wall meets Rats of Nimh sort of thing going on with the RP.

Some people could even link it to something current as in they are RP someone from fifteen or twenty generations ago, heh. Though I don't think Chua actually care that much about their ancient history as a whole! Not most at least, but there are probably a few exceptions to such rules. :) I mostly know what you said above, plus they used to worship the two moons, Pergo and Pago, as the gods of their world. There really isn't to much else out there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Feb 6, 17
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices