I've wanted to fill this out forever, but sort of got half-way and then got lazy, and finally just finished it off. >.> This is... Truly a great concept, so I wanted to revive it all "yay, let's do this~"

1.) Describe your character’s relationship with their mother or their father, or both. Was it good? Bad? Were they spoiled rotten, ignored? Do they still get along now, or no?

There wasn't a clear relationship with his mother or father. The way Atleion's village worked, parental roles were delegated to -anyone- older than the child in questions. Children didn't inherit the names of their parents, and their parents didn't really exert dominion over their 'specific' child. You know... The whole it takes a village thing made absolutely literal.

2.) What are your characters most prominent physical features?2.)
Atleion's most prominent features are likely his fur-covered ears and his dark eyes? His eyes are wide, round, and full of emotion. Everything he feels comes pouring out of his eyes. At least it's the feature I find myself describing the most, which usually means it's the thing I think is most important.

3.) Name one scar your character has, and tell us where it came from. If they don’t have any, is there a reason?

Atleion has a nice one from the edge of one eyebrow, over the bridge of his nose, and down a sliver of his cheek, falling diagonally. He got it during a... Rather traumatic mission, to say the least about it. He's sort of self-conscious about it, but doesn't really know what he can do other than learn to live with it.

4.) How vain is your character? Do they find themselves attractive?
Not very. Atleion doesn't think about this sort of thing too seriously. Sure, he projects a tough image, and worries about looking strong / capable... But as far as being attractive goes? He doesn't worry about it. It's not on his radar.

5.) What’s your character’s ranking on the Kinsey Scale?
Mmm. Atleion's definitely into girls. He doesn't think about this sort of thing too much, given his history, but if he were to think about it, it'd be girls.

6.) Describe your character’s happiest memory.
Atleion's happiest memory is likely this time he and his deceased friend, Elyia (who he had a stupid hard crush on ), got stuck in a thunderstorm outside of their village on Arboria. Atleion, being a bit of a coward, was terrified of the thunder and lightning. Elyia gave him some comfort by just keeping him close and explaining all of the reasons she really liked storms until he felt better and just fell asleep.

7.) Is there one event or happening your character would like to erase from their past? Why?
Pretty much every time he was ever afraid to take a stand or do something in a crisis. He resents being a coward, and most of what he does is in defiance of the fear he's struggled with his entire life. He feels being afraid is what led to most of the tragedies that have befallen him. At this point, he'd be content to die thrashing and screaming, so long as he never runs away in terror again. Of course, that means he's sort of stupid, and doesn't know when to stop going for his own safety.

A lot of this really just stems from his experiences with the Ravaging. He's less guilt-ridden now than he was in the past, but the only reason that's the case is because he feels like he's got a second lease on life. He doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes he made before.

8.) Day of Favorites! What’s your character’s favorite ice cream flavor? Color? Song? Flower?

Atleion's flavor palate is pretty simple. If it has cinnamon in it, he'll eat it. If it has carrots in it, he'll eat it. He doesn't really like overly sweet things -that- much, though he'll eat them if they have stuff he likes in them. So, uh... Carrot Cake flavored ice cream? Or Cinnamon Swirl. Something like that.

His favorite color is blue. Specifically, he likes very hot, vibrant blues. The calm cool ones are fine, but I think he's more drawn to neons and electric blues.

In terms of songs, Atleion doesn't use the radio. He isn't familiar with popular culture on Nexus outside of passing conversations and exposure. His favorite song would likely just be one from his village (I like to think his favorite is a nursery rhyme about winter turning into spring). However, if we're fishing for song that would -describe- Atleion in some way, I have gotta go with Cosmo Canyon from Final Fantasy VII. I use that song a lot when I'm trying to contemplate character traits / just being a general dork.

As far as flowers go, another fictional one, alas. Flowers were super important to his native home. In particular, there was a very ornate white flower that bloomed for a single day each year (before the petals fell off the plant and it looked like a weed for he rest). Called Star-Chasers, these flowers were culturally significant, in that they were used to celebrate the Weave, and to honor / connect with those who passed away during the year.

>.> If we're going with real flowers, like we were with the song, I'd say lavender because it matches his hair and has a calming scent. I associate him with lavender, anyway.

9.) Who does your character trust?
His FCON unit. Like, it's not even a question. It's a blanket statement. He trusts the people he fights with in varying degrees based on his exposure to them, or just his ability to relate. I'd say the people he trusts the most are Keeran Chernikova, his unit's commander, and her second in command, RokkVell Warborn. >.> If he were ever truly in trouble, I think they'd be the first people he'd call for help. He generally trusts them with information and feelings he might not trust with other people, though it's anyone's guess as to why. I like to think he just feels understood by them, and thus wants to impress them. They are probably the only two people he'll -actually- listen to without fail. Like, if they told him to run 1000 laps, he'd probably do it without an ounce of irony. Whereas if someone else told him to do it, he'd likely only do it if he personally felt like running (and would probably be a little jerk about being told what to do).

Outside of his unit, he's super fond of Lyrya Rockfall. While I don't think he looks to her for advice on how to be a soldier, he does generally like her, and is inclined to look to her for guidance on issues like being homesick, or needing to learn something. He's probably pretty disrespectful (he doesn't call her by name. Like. Ever. He calls her Teach, and I don't think he's inclined to stop doing that ), buuuuutttt .... Nosorly. He values what she tells him, even if he doesn't always make it obvious he heard what she said.

10.) Can you define a turning point in your character’s life? Multiples are acceptable.
Other than, you know... The Ravaging?
Joining FCON. Prior to that, Atleion was literally homeless and starving on the streets. He'd get money here and there, but had he not had an invitation extended to him to work with FCON, and eventually join it, he probably would have gone in one of two directions. Either he would have actually starved to death / gotten himself killed sticking his nose where it didn't belong, or he would have ended up with a group of criminals (willingly or unwillingly).

... Actually, I think he's lucky that didn't happen. He might get beat up a lot, and deal with a lot of trauma from war exposure, buuuutttt... It could be way worse, and he's generally happy with the path he is walking.

11.) Is there an animal you equate with your character?
Deer. Every time I have to describe Atleion, I think of a wide-eyed deer. He's like Bambi. Only he occasionally looks like he wants to tear someone's throat out.

12.) How is your character with technology? Super savvy, or way behind the times? Letters or email?[/b[
Atleion's from a primitive village, and isn't interested in technology beyond what he needs to know in order to survive on Nexus. He can use a datachron, a datapad, a radio comm, etc. However, he doesn't really use those things unless it's a life or death situation / a necessity, or he's just ... Really. Really. Really. Really. Bored.

Basically... Is it Utilitarian technology? Yes? Then he can and will probably use it. If it's just for entertainment, he thinks it's frivolous and would rather go climb trees and run through the forest.

13.) What does your character’s bed look like when he/she wakes up? Are the covers off on one side of the bed, are they all curled around a pillow, sprawled everywhere? In what position might they sleep?
Atleion's bed is a mess. It's covered in pillows. Not just a few pillows. I mean, it's covered in so many pillows that one has to wonder how he personally fits on the bed, and he's constantly adding -more- to the pile, like a deranged hoarder dragon. In reality, he does it because he slept in communal quarters as a child, and isn't used to being in a room by himself (it's quiet, lonely, and cold, so...). In the morning, the pillows are all over the place, he's half off the bed, and it looks like a hurricane just blew through.

When he sleeps, he sleeps half under the pillows, half on top of them, probably with his feet or tail off of the bed.

14.) How does your character react to temperature changes such as extreme heat and cold?
Atleion is fine with extreme cold. He thrives in cold environments, as it reminds him of his home. He likes to say he was built for the cold.
Heat, however, is a different story. He's sensitive to heat, and find it agonizing to deal with. He's whiny, irritable, and petulant when exposed to extreme heats.

15.) Is your character an early morning bird or a night owl?
Atleion is neither. He's an afternoon kinda guy. He sleeps in plenty, and just falls asleep when he can't move anymore.

16.) Are there any blood relatives that your character is particularly close with, besides the immediate ones? Cousins, Uncles, Grandfathers, Aunts, et cetera. Are there any others that your character practically considers a blood relative?
Atleion doesn't know who his blood relatives are, as mentioned in the very first question. Blood relatives were not a concept native to his culture. They could be dead, or they could be alive. He doesn't know, and he doesn't think about it in the same context some individuals might.

17.) What’s your character’s desk/workspace look like? Are they neat or messy?
Atleion doesn't really have a workspace. He goes outside and beats up training dummies, or trees, or kicks around pinecones (or a ball). He practically lives on a training field, and spends a LOT of free time getting in practice hours (like, an unhealthy level of practice hours).

If he did have a workspace, though, I think it'd be a scattered mess, flooded with knocked over papers. There'd likely be hoogles and plants everywhere, and probably a ton of snacks to eat.

18.) Is your character a good cook? What’s their favorite recipe, whether they’re good or not? (Microwave mac-and-cheese applies.)
God no. Don't let Atleion cook. He'd probably set everything on fire. He primarily eats pre-prepared foods, or raw vegetables / fruits. He rarely -ever- eats anything that's been cooked unless it's been served to him. It's hard to say whether he prefers cooked food to raw food, but, generally speaking, he eats either indiscriminantly.

His favorite things to eat are carrots. He loves them --- especially little carrots.

19.) What’s your character’s preferred means of travel?
Running everywhere. Atleion likes to run. He jokes (or is serious, it's hard to tell) that he is the fastest aurin on Nexus. It could be true, as he certainly runs everywhere, and is pretty fast on his feet. It's actually kind of easy to tell when he's in a good mood. If he's in a good mood, he's running everywhere. If he's in a bad mood, or being a sour puss, he probably isn't running much, unless it's to start a fight / get away from something.

20.) Does your character have any irrational fears?
Atleion is unbelievably afraid of being alone. Like, he's so afraid of being alone that he fills the void with pillows. He seeks people out, even if he doesn't always engage them, and he's constantly worried that he's going to lose someone in some way or form. He has a lot of pent up anxiety around being left with no one.

I mean... I guess it's rational, given his life experience, but other than that? He's kind of weirded out by comm radios. He doesn't like disembodied voices, finding it creepy to hear people without them being physically there. He can deal with it, but it does bother him.

21.) What would your character’s cutie mark be?
Mm... Idk. This is like those "one word to describe your character" questions. I guess I'd say a rain storm? He's hyper emotional, and his day-to-day ranges from calm to utterly out of control / violent. I think storms in general summarize who he is nicely. Ironically. His name fits him too well.

22.) If your character could time travel, where would they go?
His first thought would be to go back to his village on Arboria. However, in reality, I don't think he'd try to actually change the past. He's gotten to a stage in his life where he sees the vague outline of a future that he wants. I think he'd be tempted to go back and fix what he views are his greatest mistakes (especially not telling the girl he loved that he loved her). However, I think he'd then consider what his life is now and would decide that it's for the better he doesn't.

23.) Is your character superstitious?
Extremely so. Like. Atleion definitely believes in bad omens and good omens. He has plenty of spiritual beliefs, he just doesn't always talk about them or deal with them. They're usually personal, and he'll share them if he feels like it's appropriate he do so.

24.) What might your character’s ideal romantic partner be?
Atleion is kind of a tough sell. He's damaged goods as it stands, and I think he requires someone who can be empathic/patient with the baggage he brings. That's not easy to ask for, especially for someone so -young-. However, he's also kind of a jerk to people at times. He's stubborn, he's reckless, he's irresponsible. I think his ideal partner would have to be someone who was caring / kind, but had an iron fist that could be levied to keep him from getting himself hurt doing something stupid.

25.) Describe your character’s hands. Are they small, long, calloused, smooth, stubby?
Small, and mostly dirty. Sure, he washes his hands, but he also eats with them, touches dirt with them, messes with his hair and face with them... I think his hands are mostly smooth in texture when they're clean, but given they're usually dirty, they just feel like they've been digging holes for hours.

26.) Second day of favorites! Favorite comfort food, favorite vice, favorite outfit, favorite hot drink, favorite time of year, and favorite holiday.

Favorite comfort food = rice pudding with cinnamon, or baby carrots.

Favorite vice = He likes the way drinking makes him feel, even if he doesn't like the taste.

Favorite outfit = anything loose and flexible. He like his clothes being capable of breathing. Mostly, he wears tank tops, loose pants, jackets, hoodies, etc.

Favorite hot drink = cinnamon tea.

Favorite time of year = Spring

Favorite Holiday = Atleion's favorite holiday is the day star-chasers bloom. It was a big how-to-do where he grew up. It didn't really have a -day-, but it was a celebration regardless. He doesn't really celebrate normal holidays?

27.) Pick two songs that describe your character at two different points of their life, and explain why you chose them.

"Tell Me What the Rain Knows" from Wolf's Rain --- The way the melody works, and the imagery it evokes, just sort of makes me think about what Atleion went through in the events leading up to where he is now?

In particular: " Your fur is on fire
The smoke turns the whole sky raven black
And the world upon your back will crack

Where will you go
Now you've no home?

Let the rain wash away your last days "

Like. Atleion was pretty messed up (and is still kind of a mess to untangle. War has been very hard on him). He was angry, sad, and lonely. Prior to joining FCON, and perhaps even a little while after starting, he was content to just wander through life surviving until he couldn't anymore. He never stopped surviving, because he didn't want to die, buuut... It was pretty much just him letting life happen to him. Hm. Still. This is probably one of the songs I can think of. I know there's probably a better one, but, eh. We'll go with this one.

I hate picking out songs from shows and video games for this, but it's what I listen to. T_T So the second one would be:

"I Will Be" from Final Fantasy XV - because, you know... The line it repeats, clearly, towards the end really resonates with what I feel Atleion is feeling. Namely that, as bad as he feels, he refuses to let it hold him any more (and if it pulls him down, he's ready to fight back and keep climb back up). He has things he cares about, and he's going to do what he has to do. The line is pretty simply "Silence will not cover me", with interwoven "I will be"s, and the melody just builds up to a huge crescendo. It's great.

28.) If your character’s life was a genre, what would it be?

Oh, cupcakes... Uhm. Probably a coming of age story? Likely a drama.

29.) How does your character smell? Do they wear perfume or cologne?

Atleion smells like trees. He spends 90% of his time outside, so... Trees. Foliage. Nature. Yup. He smells like a forest.

30.) And finally: Write a letter to your character, from yourself.

Dear Atleion,

I'm sorry I gave you a name that everyone finds weird to look at. I thought you were going to be a 20s something cartographer, and made your name out of the word "Atlas" mutated to sound cool, like the edgelord I am. Alas, you ended up a 16, nearing 17, year old angry young adult constantly grasping for stability and survival. Sure, you're not a badass cartographer who was emotionally stable / mature / capable of dealing with Nexus, buuuut... I like you, even if you can be kind of dramatic. Okay. Really dramatic.

PPS: I'm sorry that I've been so mean to you. Like. I know you got beat up the first time you were on the battlefield, and for a while, I was letting you be a WAR MACHINE, who was starting to get a little too overzealous and cocky. Then I decided that you needed to be cut down a peg, and so I hit you really hard in the feels, and ended up letting you, you know... Get... Seriously wounded emotionally and physically? Yeah... You'll be fine, right? We've got space magic that'll fix you.

I promise I'll be nicer in the future. As nice as I can be. Because I'm a mean writer who does very mean things sometimes. Even I think I've gone too far, though, so... Look forward to some sunshine? I'm gonna try and bring some sunshine your way, anyway.