WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 2

Is there an active RP community in Wildstar?

10 replies
Stars:
+5
As the title suggests, I'm trying to gauge the frequency of roleplaying to be enjoyed in Wildstar. It seems like there are a good deal of in-game tools to facilitate it and a good deal of lore, but none of the forums I've peeked at have seemed particularly active.

If there is RP to be found, where/what server? I'm not actually in-game yet, but I anticipate buying a PC in the near future and am looking for a new MMO with an active RP community to try.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Posted Dec 1, 16 · OP
Stars:
+33
A very active RP community last time I checked. Entity is the North American server (it's titled PvE) and Jabbit is the EU server. Entity may have a higher population though, I'm not sure
Posted Dec 1, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+33
As a community we welcome everyone regardless so don't be afraid to be yourself. Browse through some of the character sheets here there's some in forum RP around somewhere and we have a Discord server as well.
Posted Dec 1, 16
Stars:
+5
Oh, that was fast. Thanks for the replies, and glad to hear that there's still rp going on here. Once I get my comp I'll pop back in and create a character sheet and whatnot.
Posted Dec 1, 16 · OP · Last edited Dec 1, 16
Stars:
+33
Yeah, no problem! Feel free to ask me about lore, basic gameplay or whatever. I've been around since the game was in beta. Other people know a fair amount too. Unfortunately I won't be playing my self until January due to work, but I'll be on here usually between 1600 and 0000 EST.
Posted Dec 1, 16
Stars:
+17
Caretaker
Hey Megabubble! Indeed, our community is kinda small (compared to say the behemoth that is Warcraft) but it's very active -- and one of the advantages of a smaller community is that we're very close. I can't speak for Jabbit (the EU server), but Entity (North America) has events going on almost every night on both sides of the faction divide, and we've got active in-game channels and Discord for keeping in touch out of game. When you're ready to play just give us a heads-up, and we'll be glad to help you get started!
3817763.jpg
Posted Dec 2, 16
Stars:
+5
Cool. Thanks again :)
Posted Dec 2, 16 · OP
Stars:
+5
I do have a quick question after all, regarding Wildstar's world. Being able to explore a vast, open world is one of my favorite aspects of MMOs. Is Nexus a seamless, open world? I've played other MMOs whose worlds consisted of heavy amounts of instanced content and am hoping that isn't the case here.
Posted Dec 2, 16 · OP · Last edited Dec 2, 16
Stars:
+33
Yes Nexus is a seamless openworld, after the tutorial areas, until you change continents where there will be a loading screen. On the average play through, if you're taking your time, you'd probably only see loading screens two to three times in around 18 hours of play just because of starting the game (not including instant travel use, entering pvp raids or dungeons and even then they should only be 3-5 second loading screens.) If you're a fast leveler, you may see one more when you get to around level 35 I think and you move zones from Alizar to Farside and then again at level 40 when you go to Wildrun and Malgrave.
Posted Dec 2, 16 · Last edited Dec 2, 16
Stars:
+5
Cyahnii Sternblume wrote:
Yes Nexus is a seamless openworld, after the tutorial areas, until you change continents where there will be a loading screen. On the average play through, if you're taking your time, you'd probably only see loading screens two to three times in around 18 hours of play just because of starting the game (not including instant travel use, entering pvp raids or dungeons and even then they should only be 3-5 second loading screens.) If you're a fast leveler, you may see one more when you get to around level 35 I think and you move zones from Alizar to Farside and then again at level 40 when you go to Wildrun and Malgrave.
Sweet.

I am a fast leveler, usually. I think as I return to MMOs this time around I'll take my time and not race to level cap. I always say that though, so we'll see how it pans out, haha.

I've been reading the lore posts in "roleplay resources", it's interesting stuff. Right now I'm mulling over the idea of rolling a cassian-raised granok for my first character - taken at a young age and kept in a containment unit a la Species 2, if you ever seen it. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row so I don't contradict any established lore.

I'm not thrilled about all the "magic" talk I'm seeing there to be honest though, I thought this game's lore was much more rooted in sci-fi than fantasy but it seems to be about an even mix of both. It's hard to find an MMO without some manner of magic/sorcery or elves/orcs...but oh well. That's just a personal preference, I'm sure many prefer the technology/magic combo. Playing a granok seems like it'll help me skirt alot of that stuff anyway.

Thanks much for the replies and input, it's appreciated.
Posted Dec 2, 16 · OP · Last edited Dec 2, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices