WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

Is your plot Exile Only? Dominion Only? Cross Faction Friendly?

34 replies
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
Hello all! In a Dominion meeting tonight I brought up an idea I wanted to share here... one that would require support from the community though to work properly though.

Since it appears Carbine is not making an option to have a plot be just a specific faction, but still public, I thought that it might be a good idea if someone can put (Be it IC or OOC) near the entrance of each plot just to the left a simple marking. This marking designed to tell if the plot is only for one particular faction or open to all. It also marks it is a RP plot as well.

The proposed idea is to make use of the "Streamer (Dominion)" and "Streamer (Exile)" at the entrance to the plot. Place two of the same close to each other if your plot is only for a particular faction. If it's a cross faction just Cross the streamers, making an X using one of each.

The total cost is 60 silver, so easily available to all and helps people get a headsup that they can be there OOCly but not be there ICly (Not without permission of course).

It's a totally optional method of marking a plot but the idea is there to help people out a little bit in advance with knowing the purpose of the plot and who can be there. If it is not for your faction you're welcome OOCly but it's requested you please don't cause disruption of current RP activities around the plot. If it's Cross or matches your faction you're welcome to be there and interact.

Do people think this is a good idea?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Nov 6, 16 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+18
Absolutely. Stops people from asking, or wandering into something where drama is caused or OOC clarification is required. And it does it all before they even step off of the entry pad.
Posted Nov 6, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+75
I'd definitely be in favor of using this method.
(Dominion) Sylyss Dalakan of House Dalakan

"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
Posted Nov 6, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+366
Oh, I like this idea! I think I can fit it into the theme somehow too...

Kali's place, being ground level in Celestion, will definitely be open to all...even more so with what I've got in the works at the moment.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Nov 6, 16
Stars:
+123
I'm all for either faction on Ayana's plot. Granted, she might try to snipe you (it's a hermit shack in the middle of a swampy area and there's traps in the grass everywhere), but you're welcome to show up.
Posted Nov 6, 16
Stars:
+153
Maybe Katia's RP finder could also be updated to add an extra column for wether a plot is cross faction or not?

Also, Streamer Sign adopted on my plots!
Posted Nov 6, 16 · Last edited Nov 6, 16
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I love this idea
Posted Nov 6, 16
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
All right, I have some pics to share now!

I also have Katia codes too, for those wishing to use such.

For Cross Faction we have...

Emylak8.jpg
Spoiler: KBT CodeShow

For Dominion we have...

2LHT6tR.jpg

For Exiles we have...

q0r6mpG.jpg

Placement should be fairly similar on most plots, when terrain isn't getting in the way. An example (And it's where KBT codes would place them) right here...

hrM58Va.jpg

It's something that'll show in the first view when loading onto a plot, just ahead and to the left. Should be big enough to be seen, but small enough not to crazy obtrusive either, though it is an OOC marking. If you wanted it to be IC you could perhaps put them hanging on a board or such instead of floating in the air like pennants. Though should be close to this.

This is the proposed idea at least. Should it be bigger? Smaller? Different placed? Sadly you can't walk through them or I'd put them front and center so someone would walk through them but they are solid.

The total cost to make one of those is 60 silver and from the housing vendor so it is very accessible to all of any level.

I may also suggest one more option, to have a Dominion or Exile set and next to it a Cross faction sign. Why? To show it's dedicated to one faction but the other "Can" be present at times, but they might be rather unwelcome if they show. Since Noriack's Cafe is run by lopp, even if owned by chua, they do favor Dominion but lopp are pretty neutral and if exiles show up in off hours who are they to turn away shinies? Though on main cafe nights would be for just the Dominion at this time.

Opinions? Thoughts? If enough agree perhaps this information could be added to the RP primer or somewhere as well?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Nov 6, 16 · OP · Last edited Nov 6, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+52
Yes this is perfect! Thank you for this nori!
ASK ME ABOUT MY JUNCTION! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Posted Nov 6, 16
Stars:
+52
SO one quick thing. In some of the darker sky boxes its a little hard to tell the difference in banners. So a chua spot light or a gaming table light right under it should help

eL4bWXl.jpg

Gaming light on the starry night box

aXYvWNV.jpg

Chua Light on the dark box
ASK ME ABOUT MY JUNCTION! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Posted Nov 6, 16
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices