WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

KBT RP Plot Finder

8 replies
Stars:
+69
Caretaker
Hi everyone! I pushed out a new version of KBT that adds the RP Finder panel!

This panel shows a catalog of RP enabled plots that can be updated by you any time (without having to wait for me to do an addon update) by copy/pasting a code from Pepper's community-updated RP spreadsheet. This code is automatically updated whenever anybody adds or modifies a plot on the sheet.

The RP panel will also list the plots in order of how many players are currently on them, and color active plots from yellow to red as a 'heat' rating to let everyone know when there's something big going on at any RP plot. (To do this, it relies on players checking the 'report' box to configure their kbt to tell all other kbt users how many people are rp'ing around them, the more people who do this the more accurate this will be!)

To use it just type /krp or /katiarp, or look for the RP Finder in the main KBT menu.
http://wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/22196342-entity-katia-managan
Posted Oct 10, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 10, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+27
Please take all the stars. ALL OF THEM.
Now with 100% more Tumblr!

Rowan Goldenclaw--[ Aurin ]--[ Stalker ]
Enzo Riverwend--[ Aurin]--[ Engineer ]
Kaiveryn Darkmoon--[ Aurin ]--[ Esper ]
Jaxas Wanderwild--[ Aurin ]--[ Spellslinger ]
Nikita Casimir--[ Mordesh ]--[ Medic ]
Taryn Rustridge--[ Exile Human ]--[ Warrior ]
Sequoia Dreamsong--[ Aurin ]--[ Esper ]
Hanniko Fenflourish--[ Aurin ]--[ Stalker ]
Kethral Bloodraker--[ Draken ]--[ Warrior ]
Diego Sagacitus--[ Cassian ]--[ Esper ]
Zera Firemane--[ Draken ]--[ Spellslinger ]
Connor Versutus--[ Cassian ]--[ Engineer ]
Posted Oct 11, 16
Stars:
+208
workin good so far :)
So those are some of my thoughts from the bathtub.
Posted Oct 12, 16
Stars:
+65
I like this. I'll have to download this evening and give it a try. Is the plan to migrate towards this instead of the WSRP Housing Addon?
Posted Oct 12, 16
Stars:
+69
Caretaker
Ionno whether full migration or not, for now it's just another tool :)

There's advantages over the current WSRP housing addon in that it doesn't require any action from me to add new plots, people can post them up on the spreadsheet whenever they want and all the users will be notified that the catalog has changed so they can re-paste the code. And of course it has the 'heat' rating to let people know all the rp that's going on in realtime.

On the downside though, because a single copy/paste code (max 32k char limit) has to represent the entire catalog, there isn't room for people to include more detailed descriptions of their plots than what you see on the spreadsheet now.
http://wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/22196342-entity-katia-managan
Posted Oct 12, 16 · OP
Stars:
+25
Hey Katia, I was wondering with housing going full open access cross faction.... if you could update the rp finder to have a 'Dominion only', 'Exile only', or 'All factions' categories.
Posted Oct 31, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
This has been a really nice boon for finding active plots. It's just important people do need to keep the listing up to date and make sure they turn it on to help guide others.

Well, those who want it on at least. :)

I quite enjoy it so far! Great help!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Nov 3, 16
Stars:
+69
Caretaker
wrote:
Hey Katia, I was wondering with housing going full open access cross faction.... if you could update the rp finder to have a 'Dominion only', 'Exile only', or 'All factions' categories.
Hi sorry late reply! I will do something once xfac comes out and I can play around with the whatever API tools there are for the plots, just not sure exactly what yet! :)
Posted Nov 6, 16 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Question: Is it possible to create a submission form using a Google Sheets Form so things can't be edited, and a read-only spreadsheet with only the KRP code that's pulled from the Google Sheet?

Followup: If so, can a click-to-visit calendar addon be made too?
Posted Nov 7, 16
NoticeNotices