WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

BOOK CLUB

6 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
We are starting Book Club ( discussing it in the Discord as well if anyone is interested!) What our plan is? To read a book a month, as chosen by the community.

We'll be doing a different theme every month. For this month, given the time, the theme is Halloweeny!

Anyone with a book idea, please either message me in Discord or post on here with:

The Title and Author of the book
Approximate length
Brief Synopsis (1-3 pages)
Genre

After we've gathered a good amount, we'll do a vote!
Posted Sep 19, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 22, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+212
Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
416 pages
The plot is a frame story for a series of 23 short stories, most preceded by a free verse poem. The main story centers on a group of seventeen individuals (all of whom go by nicknames based on the story they tell) who have decided to participate in a secret writers' retreat.
Genres: Horror fiction, Satire, Black comedy
"Boomer" Boomhowl - Granok Engineer
HooglesSig-Small.png
PEPPERCORN SUPERCOOL #1
Posted Sep 22, 16
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Welcome to Nightvale by Joseph Pink and Jeffrey Cranor
416 Pages
The book is set in the same setting as the popular podcasts, about a small town where whimsical dark horror is around every turn.
Genre: Horror, comedy
Posted Sep 22, 16 · OP
Stars:
+212
Welcome to Nightvale? What's that? It sounds intelligent.
"Boomer" Boomhowl - Granok Engineer
HooglesSig-Small.png
PEPPERCORN SUPERCOOL #1
Posted Sep 22, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+4
I would have to say, if your going for a halloween theme then it has to be a Stephen King book. I suggest either Salems Lot or his horror collection nightmares and dreamscapes, that way people could choose their favorite short story from it and shake up the discussion. Course, if you want a challenge then perhaps you could find Loch or a night in the lonesome October by Roger Zelazney, least I think that's how his last names spelled.
Posted Sep 22, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+46
Book cloob
Happy Arkevox @ Entity- Dominion | Mythus Oligard @ Entity- Exile
Posted Oct 9, 16
If you're going with King, and want something to read for the ENTIRE month of October... The Stand. It's a debate as to whether The Dark Tower series or this stand alone novel is his magnum opus, but if you want something terrifying that starts with the apocalypse and carries through to a supernatural conflict between rising new societies, this is it. It's huuuuuge, but worth every word.

Fair warning: You think GRR Martin kills off characters? Oh, oh no. Not like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Stand-Complete-Uncut-Stephen-King/dp/B00BHP75VY
Posted Oct 10, 16 · Last edited Oct 10, 16
NoticeNotices