WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

So... RPing is only on NA?

4 replies
Stars:
+4
Hello again.
This might sound like ranting, but.... Is it really what roleplaying happening ONLY on NA server? New topics are popping like shrooms after rain - for NA players(that's cool to see such and activity), but... Is there any other solution than leaving EU server and moving to a RP-friendly zone? . Maybe it's just autumn and peeps are busy.

I know I'm a scaredy-cat who can't start RP-topic and start initiating since I've raised the topic - mainly not because I don't know how the characters would meet but because of trembling fear first - but... But, it's confusing. Very, very confusing.
Posted Sep 13, 16 · OP
Stars:
+208
I can't speak on behalf of EU, but even NA is looking quiet lately because of school and work situations. We've gone from four or five events a week to (sometimes) one, and often less. We're slowly becoming a quiet community that relies on being able to "create your own entertainment" as it were, rather than relying on others to start it for you. It might change once summer vacation hits, and it might not. As for one over the other.. I really couldn't say. I CAN say that both sides are probably pretty even in the amount of RP or lacktherof.
So those are some of my thoughts from the bathtub.
Posted Sep 13, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+18
Greetings Albedo

Most of EU announcements happen on the Discord Channel (Tinyurl.com/JabbitRPDiscord) for events, the WSRP usage has been pushed alot of times, but it never seems to stick. The Discord however does, and it has to my memory +85 members. The WSRP system is still used by some of us, as the event list shows. My own Monday Pub Crawls include visiting plot-places people normally don't get to RP in because they don't know they exists. Maybe something worth considering when you are new and want to see the different places we have to offer, that will at least give an introduction to areas and players who are roleplaying.

That said and done, the population is bigger on NA, and that is just how it is. I can't deny that at moment of writing there are 5 NA events listed in a row, but I will say the same thing I have said to players on EU as I have said so many times before. Make the most of what you have, and we are people on EU that still do just that, instead of migrate at the first sign of trouble. (You know who you are.)

If you however do want to RP on NA, I'll suggest either spending an evening at the Boulder (Brutzkrieg Boulderbrew) - which is also Tavern RP, but it is good for atmosphere and you can get a taste of NA like I did from time to time, or hit up another event. Because senior NA players will usually be around to show you a good time.

We are still people on EU and we still welcome newcomers.
Dalladon Helstrum - Journalist/Snoop.
Anixion Helstrum - Security Officer.
Confessor Cain - Interrogation Overseer.

Profile pic by Nord Whitefield
Posted Sep 13, 16 · Last edited Sep 13, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+4
Thank you very much for answers, it helped me to face it straight and see things left unnoticed or forgotten :) and sorry - I tend to panic alot and the best thing to stop it is to say it loud and start analyzing. Or hear someone's opinion on it.

(and - nope, I won't leave EU - there is my guild and slow movement of character sheet making in it :3
Posted Sep 13, 16 · OP
Stars:
+65
I think Doctor Leskov hit things on the head. It's that time of year when things are changing. School is starting back up for many; whether some of our community is going to school, or like myself, have kids that are going to school. It's a large dynamic change in available free time. A lot of IRL social clubs, such as private sports leagues, school sports leagues and groups like scouts or guides, follow the same calendar as the schools do.

Plus, there's also Legion and I know I have been getting e-mails from Steam all week telling me that games on my wishlist are on sale.

For myself, personally, my evening has transitioned from essentially free time to helping with reading, spelling or homework assignments. I have 9 year twins and I set aside 45 minutes for each to help them in the evenings. If they don't have homework we read or draw or some other activity together. After they're in bed I spend extra time on things like cleaning up the house and ensuring that everything is organized for the morning because of how hectic getting them out the door on time can be. Lunches made, find their shoes or coats (which never seem to be put away), etc. Whereas a month ago I could easily get online and play at 6 or 7pm until midnight now my free time is condensed from 9 or 10pm to midnight.

I've been a long time role player going back many many years and in many many games/communites and there is ALWAYS ups and downs; periods of intense activity when you have to force yourself to take a break and then periods of boredom when it seems like no one is around. I think the big thing to keep in mind is that RP breeds more RP, and it only takes one or two people to get into an open channel, IC or OOC, and get something started and that will filter down and involve more and more people.

If you're looking around and saying to yourself, "Hey, where's all the RP at" chances are there's half a dozen others doing the same thing so start something and they'll likely join in!
Posted Sep 14, 16 · Last edited Sep 14, 16
NoticeNotices