WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Need Assistance.

2 replies
Stars:
+6
Alright so I am trying to motivate myself to look forward to getting a set of end-game Engi Armor and a comrade of mine told me that the Light Blue PvP Suit would probably be the easiest to grind for and is one of the three sets that I actually like.

The situation here is:
Last time I took put a good bit of time into PvP in an MMORPG was three years ago and it's different from WildStar's PvP.
This means I'm gonna have to get some help into making a build if I take this route along with having to find some peeps and maybe a temporary guild who can stick along and not get angry at me for being horrible at it.

I don't know if the acquiring one of the other two would be easier, but If it happens to be easier, then the plans will change a bit.

Spoiler: These are the three sets I'm talking about.Show

If you're one of those who might take interest into helping me, then I appreciate the welcoming of your tips and advice as we discuss more about this.

(I honestly really didn't know what sector I should've put this post in, so I put it in the Off-Topic Sector just to be safe.)
Posted Aug 27, 16 · OP
Stars:
+22
I will assume you mean you're looking for an endgame PvP set, because PvP equipment fares very poorly outside of battlegrounds (as in, the secondary "pvp" stats it provides do absolutely nothing). The only reason I bring this up is because sometimes people are recommended to buy the gold-purchased PvP items for fresh 50s just because of their item level of 65, which is marginally better than the items they've acquired as quest rewards despite the nonapplicable stats.

Those gold-purchased items are not what are in your images. The first one is the prestige-purchased PvP armour for Exiles, I'm not sure what the second one is, and the third one is the prestige-purchased PvP armour for Dominion.

Anyway, the best endgame PvP items you can possibly get are just the prestige-purchased i70 blues from the <PvP Seasonal Gear> vendor, pictured in your first and third images (depending on the faction). These items' quality can be improved by "enhancers", as you can see in their imbuement, which drop from battleground bags and can be purchased from that same vendor. A fully enhanced/imbued prestige piece is best in slot.

Acquiring the prestige you need to get those pieces is easy peasy. First, buy a set of the gold-purchased i65 items, then slap in some superb runes to complement your intended role (Off the top of my head, I'd say use the Striker set for Assault, and Defiance & Alleviation for Support - DON'T worry about rune sets or rerolling slots until you've got your prestige gear. Use basics in the meantime), then buy some prestige flasks from the renown vendor and start queueing for random BGs! Also remember to pick up the battleground daily and some PvP contracts.

For some clarification, see the image below. This is from an Exile perspective, so specific names and stuff may be different on the other side, but the order of the tabs will be the same.

wfuqaj.png
Posted Aug 27, 16 · Last edited Aug 27, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+6
Thank you both for the information you have provided. I probably should've included that I wanted the armor for Holo-Wardrobe purposes, but I could also have the set on hand in-case peeps want me to tag along in any future PvP from time to time if I feel that I would like too.

I know this might sound stupid but I tend feel better playing PvP with people who I might know or won't judge me or get pissed because I might do something wrong. So I'm pretty sure I'll have add 'Looking for a Temporary PvP Focused Guild' to help me get to where I need to be going and motivate me.

As I say again to both of ye. Thank you for the information.
Posted Aug 27, 16 · OP
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices