1. Character sheets on the forums have all sorts of different formats that all depend on the individual. Some like long, lengthy descriptions, some like year by year accounts of what their character did during their life, and others like to keep it general so you have to find out more while RPing with them. The choice is really up to you. I personally sit somewhere in middle. Some information but not enough that you know everything about my character without meeting them ICly.
2) Combat addons aside, there are a number of recommended addons for RPers.
- Killroy is a great chat addon that gives more functionality to the chat window.
- Chatsplitter gives you some more chat window options.
- ItemPreviewImproved allows better preview for more items and decor.
- WSRPHousing is our housing directory that I just put an update out for (shameless plug!)
3) There is WSRP guild for new members (at least, Exile side on Entity). You can ask in the OOC channel (/chjoin WSRP) and I am sure someone can get you an invite. It's good for leveling and whatnot. There's lots of other guilds out there for RP and there's also circles.
4) The funny thing about circles is that they're almost exactly like a guild but without some guild related systems, like a guild bank or guild XP. They have a similar tab, ranking and membership windows as guilds as well as chat channels. I think by default you can belong to 1 guild and 1 circle, but you can unlock more circles (up to 5?) through the ingame store.
5) In the options (one of the buttons at the top when you're on your plot) you can click to make your plot "public" and open to anyone. I believe you have to make it public then leave and come back for the change to take effect. After that anyone can visit your plot.
- Join the Global IC channel, it varies depending on faction/server.
- DO NOT BE SHY. We're a very approachable bunch so jump right in.
- Ask where the RP is happening and if you see it happening, approach ICly. I have NEVER seen anyone turned down or ignored, especially new people, if you approach others ICly.
- Find RPers who are on at the same time you are and friend list them!!!!