WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Addon - Database UPDATE] WSRP Housing Directory

3 replies
Stars:
+65
467cab4924ba66a888bfa518209695aa.png

New to Wildstar and WSRP and not sure what this addon does? It is a directory of housing plots built for and used by Role Players. From stately, upper class Cassian libraries to.... umm.. 'rustic' Granok bars.... if you're looking for RP this is a great addon to have!

Our very own, and highly talented, ToggleButton is the owner and operator of this addon; but with his permission I am releasing and updating the database that contains the plots and their information. Toggle is working on another, likely top secret, addon for the WSRP community but for the time being I'll be lending a hand keeping the original WSRP Housing Directory up to date!

So lets begin!

1. Downloading the Addon
If you don't already have the WSRP Addon, or if yours is out of date and broken, you'll need to head over to curse and download the latest edition. Toggle has done some bug fixing to get it working properly again. The link for it on curse is here.

Screen shot of what you're looking for!
Spoiler: Show

2a. Installing the WSRP Housing Directory Addon
The addon can be installed via the CURSE client. When downloading the addon this option will be available and Curse has it's own step by step procedure on how to handle it.

2b. Installing the WSRP Housing Directory Addon
Once downloaded it will need to be installed as per a regular wildstar addon. Not sure how to do that? It's pretty simple, actually. The folder containing the Addon has to be placed in the NCSoft/Wildstar folder in your AppData folder. This can be commonly found by opening your "My Computer" icon and typing %Appdata% into the directory field and find the NCSoft/Wildstar directory. Copy the downloaded folder from Curse into the Addon Folder

Screen shot of your Appdata folders

There are a number actual addon installation guides available through google. Some of them are a few years out dated but the location of the Appdata folder hasn't changed.

3. Downloading the Database update
The database update is going to need to be downloaded separately and installed. It's very simple to do, and if you managed to get the addon downloaded and installed properly then this is going to be well within your skill set!

The download can be found via DROPBOX here. It contains four (4) LUA files that hold all the Database entries for the housing plots. I recommend installing them all even if you only play one faction on one server.

Screen shot of the dropbox files so you know what you're looking for!

4. Manually updating the files
With the Addon downloaded and installed and the Database updates download it's just a matter of copying the new files into the right folder. Easy!!! Going back to the NCSoft/Wildstar Addon folder (found in step #2) you will find the WSRPHousing folder. Within that folder is another folder called LISTS. This folder will contain four files with the same names as the ones you just downloaded in step #3.

Simply copy the newly download files into this folder and overwrite (or remove) the old, outdated ones.

5. Making sure it's working properly
Now, just to be sure it's working properly log into wildstar and go to your addon menu using the ESCAPE button. Here you'll find a list of addons that you have running and you should be able to find WSRPHousing

Screen Shot showing the addon running and what to look for.

6. "Ok, now what?"
Get out there and RP! But I guess you'll probably want to see how the addon works first. So, you'll need to open the interface. Using the menu in the bottom left corner you will find the WSRPHousing option. You can add this to your lower task bar as well or use the slash command /wsrphousing

Screen shot showing how to access the WSRP Housing Directory

7. Navigating the Housing Directory
Navigating the Housing Directory is very easy. You'll find a list of housing plots on the left and their information on the right. Don't worry, though, the addon will automatically load whatever faction/server you're playing on (which is part of the reason why I recommend updating them all).

Screen Shot of the Housing Addon.

When you have a plot selected you'll find all kinds of useful information, such as the owner of the plot, the hours that it's typically populated, characters who you can often find there, and a description of the plot. You'll also find a very handy and convenient VISIT button that will take you to that plot!

I've used Bulletz, Boltz N Bekkn as my sample plot!

Future Updates
With ToggleButton working on his next WSRP project I hope to continue supporting and maintaining updates to the current WSRP Housing Directory. My goal is to have an update out as periodically as I can. If you'd like to have your plot added to the directory for an upcoming update then please keep your eyes on the forums for an update notice.

In closing, I'd like to thank Toggle for making this great Addon and giving me a chance to dive into the coding world and work with the database files. Now lets go RP!
Posted Jun 29, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 24, 16
Stars:
+65
Want to have your plot added during the next update?
If you'd like to have your plot added to the database please submit it using this thread.

Already have everything installed??
Already have everything installed and just need the new updated database files? Find them here

Updated Sept 2016
Posted Jun 29, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 24, 16
Stars:
+386
I recommend the initial install with Curse Client.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Jul 1, 16
Stars:
+65
Good catch Toggle. I updated the OP to contain and 2a (curse client) and 2b (manual install). I've been doing the manual installs of all my addons myself for so long that I completely forgot they had a client to do it for you!
Posted Jul 4, 16 · OP · Last edited Jul 4, 16
NoticeNotices