WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

WSRP Housing Addon DATABASE & PLOT INFORMATION (updated Sept 2016)

37 replies
Stars:
+65
467cab4924ba66a888bfa518209695aa.png

A hearty HELLO to the WSRP Community; veterans, newcomers, lurkers and everyone in between!

It is with great pride that I announce the returning of the WSRP Housing Directory, or at least it's limited return. Togglebutton is working on a new and highly improved Housing Directory but while that is being coded and tested he's allowed me to continue supporting and editing the Database for the Current WSRP Housing Directory (side note, I'd like to personally extend my thanks to Toggle for updating the addon and allowing me to work on this project!)

What is the WSRP Housing addon?
Whether you're new or you've been involved in the WSRP community for a while now you may not have heard about the WSRP Housing Addon. It is essentially an addon that was developed by a community member, ToggleButton, to index the available housing plots for Role Playing. In basic terms it is a phone book of available housing plots. Housing plots are an amazing aspect in Wildstar and their RP utility and potential is nearly unparalleled across anything other MMOs have to offer. Housing could be a game by itself. Someone once told me that there are more housing items available in Wildstar then the first three SIMS games... combined. What the Wildstar, and WSRP, community has been able to do with housing is simply amazing.

Original WSRP Housing Post in the Addon Makers section for reference.

4X1jFS0.png
^WSRP Housing addon, alive and well!

The WSRP Housing addon allows us to catalog and display these housing plots for role playing use. Whether you need a military base, a hospital, a forest or jungle, to fully developed towns, space ports, bars and taverns, farms and nearly everything you can image, there's probably a housing plot open for it. All custom made by players.

How can get/download the addon?
You're in luck! The addon is available via CURSE and the updates will be hosted and available for download. They will require a manual installation, for now, but there is a step by step guide on both the download and how to install the updates.

You can find that guide here. UPDATED SEPT 2016

How can I submit my plot?
You've come to the right place! Previously, ToggleButton had a fancy form you could fill out as a google document. But since I don't have all his skill or tools I'm going by a very simple approach. You simply need to reply to this post with the following details:

Server: EU or NA
Faction: Dominion or Exiles
Plot Name: The name you want to display in the Sidebar.
Owner: Who owns the plot, this is used for easy one click teleporting that is built into the Addon.
Hours: Typically when it will be open, active or available.
Staff: Who typically works there or has some form of IC authority
Details: The write up that you want to be displayed about your plot. IC information, OOC information, History, what to expect, etc, etc, etc. This is completely up to you!
Spoiler: Show

This is open to: EU and NA servers and both Dominion and Exiles.

When will updates be available?
The updating process is fairly fluid, the more work that needs to be done the more time it may take me to do the coding. But not to worry, my plan is to have the Database updated with new plots EVERY MONTH, around the 15th.

Details and records will be kept below about which plots are in, out and scheduled to be added.
Posted Jun 9, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 24, 16
Stars:
+65
Current Plots Including the Database:

Entity (NA) Exile
Bulletz, Boltz N Bekkn
Halon Ring Asteroid 2231
Skyglade Lodge
Thayd U
Amnesty Island
Verdune Village
Moonlight Hollow
Moonthistle Hollow
REDTech
Skytree Library
The Last Mistake
The Arbon Vale
The Drunken Boulder
The Tea Den
Zerrin Mesa

Entity(NA) Dominion
Noriack's Cafe
Fort Hope
Evindra Imperial Park

Jabbit (EU) Exile
The Crooked Cog
Graystorm Arena
Lopp Haven
Walker Heights

Jabbit (EU) Dominion
- None currently

Plots Waiting to be added next update
Entity (NA) Exile
The Warped Inn

Entity(NA) Dominion
- None currently

Jabbit (EU) Exile
- None currently

Jabbit (EU) Dominion
- None currently

NOTES
Above list updated Sept 24/16
Posted Jun 9, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 7, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+65
<reserved>
Posted Jun 9, 16 · OP
Stars:
+545
Quick question, though I'm sure I know the answer already. Are you maintaining existing WSRP Housing entries? Or is it easier for you to just clear everything out and start fresh?
C73Xtir.jpg
Posted Jun 9, 16
Stars:
+65
Pepper and I had a lengthy discussion about it. It's hard to tell what is active and what isn't, especially when we don't have access to some of the off-site tools that Toggle used, like the submission google documents. So we decided we were going to wipe all the old entries and start over again, which is also part of the BETA test: to get some initial entries that are up to date.

Also, I will be writing a guide on how to take the Addon apart, or at least what I have been able to do, and how to update the entries as well; just in case something happens to me, etc.
Posted Jun 9, 16 · OP · Last edited Jun 9, 16
Stars:
+545
in that case.... :d

Server: NA
Faction: Exiles
Plot Name: Bulletz, Boltz N Bekkn ( The Triple B )
Owner: Alyssia "Pinky" Swiftwind
Hours: Sundays, 10:30 am till whenever ( EST )
Staff: Alyssia Swiftwind - Owner / Operator
Details:
A cobbled together hybrid cafe / junk and repair shop owned and operated by the aurin known to most as "Pinky". Several work benches and tables lie situated around the repair shop portion of the building, which is also dominated by an assortment of junk, scrap parts and discarded tools. It is clear the workshop sees a lot of action, as made evident by the continual smell of metal and engine grease. It is a place one could go to get all manner of machines and equipment repaired as well as upgraded, or in some cases: custom work that may be difficult to acquire elsewhere.

One would also find the aroma of bacon hanging around the place, courtesy of the attached cafe. It is here that the true nature of the Triple B is revealed: boasting "the best bekkn on and off Nexus" The cafe portion of the establishment is comfortably appointed and decorated to add a relaxing atmosphere that caters to the early morning sunrise patrons. The colorful yet childlike, hand drawn menus list a variety of bacon-enhanced breakfast and lunch items. It is only open on Sunday for typical breakfast and lunch hours, with the proprietess herself manning the grills personally.
C73Xtir.jpg
Posted Jun 9, 16
Star
List
Undo
Remarus Locke Benefactor
Stars:
+167
Mine was on the original list, so let's add it again! :d

Server: NA
Plot Name: Skyglade Lodge
Owner: Remarus Locke
Hours: 24/7 Open RP
Staff: Remarus Locke
Details:
Deep in the jungles of Wilderrun, the Skyglade Lodge rests as a safe haven for travelers to relax and recharge before heading back into the untamed wilderness.

The Lodge is fully equipped for meetings, an overnight stay in one of our comfortable hammocks, and stocked with a full service kitchen and bar. Food service is provided by our Master Chef, Paul, the Grumple. Visitors are encouraged to browse the relic museum, tell tales around the fire at our campsite, nuzzle up with a good book in our super comfy pillow pit, or tackle the authentic climbing wall.

Above the lodge, you can gaze at the cosmos through our Proto-StarGazer Telescope and relax over the treeline on the overlook.

You can find the Lodge north of the Wilderrun Chase, or through the handy transmat system.
Remarus Locke @ Entity - Explorer, Owner of the Skyglade Lodge.
Member of Idle Drifters, an RP/PVE guild.
Posted Jun 9, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Server: Entity
Faction: Exile
Plot Name: Thayd U
Owner: Peppercorn Tanglesprout
Staff: Lyrya Rockfall, Bunny Munchkin, Sophie Seed
Details: On the outskirts of Thayd lies the Exile's first and maybe only university!

Thayd U is a state of the art campus that includes modern amenities such as chairs, trees, desks, and much more! Using the tried and tested methodology of putting a large number of books around students and hoping for the best, Thayd U offers the pinnacle of Exile education.

The surrounding campus area includes a park, a coffee shop, a bar arcade, and all the standard trappings of a school - a lecture hall, museum, library, and student union. Come on by!
Posted Jun 10, 16
Stars:
+53
It's awesome to see this addon being redone, I always found it very useful :-d

Server: EU
Faction: Exile
Plot Name: The Crooked Cog
Owner: Ruuli Emberglade
Hours: Open for RP 24/7, staffed events on Fridays at 7:30pm BST
Staff: Alysia Silverwind, Karaa Goldroot, Rakina Evergrow, Tania Haiden, Ruuli Emberglade and Dareus Glintmoore.
Details: Situated on a once rusty industrialised work facilitating skyplot, the Crooked Cog is a newly renovated tavern and bar built to accommodate the needs of any sociable, stressed or downright saucy Exiles who find themselves passing by.

On the plot you'll find our highly acclaimed tavern, complete with a hookah and cozy seating, along with an enclosed green space with bubblingly warm hot springs perfect for de-stressing those Exile bones! Interested? Come along to the bar every Friday from 7:30pm onwards for drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and snacks, accompanied by the occasional sultry pole dancing. The bar is also open 24/7 served by a robotic bartender, Botsy.
ruuli emberglade // jabbit
vGxC157.png
Posted Jun 10, 16 · Last edited Jun 10, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Server: Entity
Plot Name: Amnesty Island
Owner: Katia Managan
Staff: See below

Amnesty Island is an island town a little ways off the coast north of Celestion. Most visitors arrive by boat or ship (you could swim, but it wouldn't be easy :) ) They are renowned for the friendly and accepting community: as long as you don't cause trouble here we won't give you trouble for your past on the mainland!

Amnesty Island is a location that offers a bit of everything - Townhouses for move in, small businesses, great views and open ocean and park areas as well as a fully functioning town.

Some of the businesses on location include:

Club Nova - nightclub (undercity) - Elias Roland, Zoey Sparktail, Myosha Featherfall
Stillriver Teahouse (farm district) - Suki Stillriver, Shen Soulweave
Theaterhouse (undercity) - Kaiiana Lostwood, Bunny Munchkin
Fumbles Bottom Tavern (port alley) - Malluma Nightsie
Alchemy&Magic shop (port alley) - Nadine Macintosh, Peppercorn Tanglesprout, Jad Valik
Sheriff (undercity) - Shine Starbringer
Ranger outpost (town square) - Fringe Rangers
Sunny Leaf bakery & sandwich shop (town square) - Roxxie Skyweave
Courthouse (town square) - Judge(s) needed
mechanic/repair shop (undercity) - Lulu Starsmith and Teague Ruinfog

If interested in move in for your character, contact Katia Managan or Peppercorn Tanglesprout!
Posted Jun 10, 16
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices