WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Social Media RP?

9 replies
Stars:
+5
Online on Site
I know there are several in-game RP channels, but I was curious if anyone was using any sort of social media for RP. I have seen it done with other games, and it was fun, so I just wondered if anything of the sort went on in WS.
Maiya Lockhart - Exile Esper
Chloe Brightmoon - Aurin Spellslinger
Posted Feb 11, 16 · OP
Stars:
+21
Banned users
I know some people have a tumblr they use as a journal for their character, but beyond that I do not think so.

It would be amusing to see our characters have twitters and facebooks.
Posted Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+79
Banned users
Some people also RP on tumblr.. as actualy open character interactions or phone calls and the like
Posted Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+108
A Wildstar twitter sounds like a lot of fun, since there would probably be something like that in the Wildstar universe. I haven't seen anyone start it, though. RP using Skype or Dischord to have 'instant messages' sent between characters could also be a fun idea.
Mercurius Nero/Bram Harper - Highborn Smuggler, and Information Broker
Tatius Auriel - Curator to the Library of Hycrest, and Inquisitor
Zooks Wardshaw - 'Space Trucker' a.k.a. a space hillbilly freighter
Aelia Saito - Agent of the Saito Clan

Personal Blog: http://spacepissbabies.tumblr.com/
Posted Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+145
Just a word of caution regarding that, from experience...

The Secret World had a lively in game RP scene, that benefited from a real world setting, and all of the things that went along with it. Twitter became a big thing within the TSW rp scene, and it began as an excellent supplement to in game RP. Before long though, people began taking more to twitter, and google docs, and etc more than they did the game itself. As it stands there today, what you have is a bunch of characters from TSW roleplaying entirely in twitter and live documents, leaving the in game world completely dead.
Posted Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+62
Yeah what happened to TSW is a shame, cause no one actually logs into it anymore, hmm, now I want to run a new character through it again lol
96d653e5d1e8d1c4.png
Posted Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+5
Online on Site
wrote:
Just a word of caution regarding that, from experience...

The Secret World had a lively in game RP scene, that benefited from a real world setting, and all of the things that went along with it. Twitter became a big thing within the TSW rp scene, and it began as an excellent supplement to in game RP. Before long though, people began taking more to twitter, and google docs, and etc more than they did the game itself. As it stands there today, what you have is a bunch of characters from TSW roleplaying entirely in twitter and live documents, leaving the in game world completely dead.

Oh, that's a shame. I think it could be a fun addition, especially when you are just killing time on a mobile device, but certainly not a substitute for an entire game.
Maiya Lockhart - Exile Esper
Chloe Brightmoon - Aurin Spellslinger
Posted Feb 11, 16 · OP
Stars:
+79
Banned users
i dont know where you've or what server... but the rp scene is still alive and well on aradia with events with dozens of people attending at times in The Crusades and the Horned god. Wildstar wont die if people rp on skype or twitter/tumblr... heh just like the rp community didnt die when the game went Free to play
Posted Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+145
wrote:
i dont know where you've or what server... but the rp scene is still alive and well on aradia with events with dozens of people attending at times in The Crusades and the Horned god. Wildstar wont die if people rp on skype or twitter/tumblr... heh just like the rp community didnt die when the game went Free to play

You're referring to the radio shows, yes those still get people into the game, but they're about the only draw towards in game RP that remains, whereas before, open world RP existed everywhere, and with no scheduled in game event as a catalyst. I roleplayed on Arcadia my entire time in TSW, I know what it looked like in the beginning, before twitter, and after. My experience is neither skewed nor flawed. When I would get invited to RP events and they would all be in text based google docs or over twitter lists, as opposed to in game, I knew something was amiss.
Posted Feb 11, 16 · Last edited Feb 11, 16
Stars:
+62
I haven't seen anything open world in TSW in a while. Other than occasionally a dance party in NY somewhere cause one of the DJs is trying to get people to gather through one of the radio shows. But not like it was. Which is sad, because the game is a great platform.

But that's railroading the thread away from WIldstar, which also lacks open world rp, and a large portion of RP is in bars much like TSW now, as it's a decaying element in Wildstar as well. I'm not sure what effect social media would have, but I wouldn't participate, partly because Ferm wouldn't do that sort of thing and partly because I agree with Slay in what impact it had on TSW.

Personally I'm hoping the Steam release brings new blood to the game and we see the RP community regain some life, to me a bigger value than pulling RP off the game at a time where it's already suffering.
96d653e5d1e8d1c4.png
Posted Feb 11, 16
NoticeNotices