WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

State of RP

7 replies
Stars:
Hello fellow Jabbiters! After a long break, I was curious on the state of RP over here! How's it going? I haven't noticed much going on in the channels, but it could be im not looking enough.
Posted Jan 28, 16 · OP
Stars:
+6
Welcome back then.
About which side do you desire information?
For i can only provide it for the Dominion.

Borealis is alive and flourishes, there is roleplay each evening.
We still have bigger plots left, as player-created content in daily colony life there actually is so much that we have difficulties getting the planned rp started.
Not that this is something bad, i really enjoy this, but yeah.
The LFRP Channel is rarely used, as the whole Borealis gang uses our circle. We did that to not spam the LFRP back then.

For something more in depth, feel free to ask me or just contact me ingame under Scrula Pyreskull or Ordealax Perpetualia.

Glory to the Empire.
utlPQnv.png
Posted Jan 28, 16 · Last edited Jan 28, 16
Stars:
+6
Welcome back.

I can say that RP on the Exile side is still very much alive even though the EU forums are barely used. There tend to be atleast some people online in the LFRP channel every night. You can ask there and see if any RP is happening or if anyone is up for starting some. There are atleast also two public events every week that I know about.The Blackthorne Lounge has an event and that tends to have about 10 to 20 players visiting every monday at 9 PM GMT+1, plot for that is Diztrixia Blackthorne. The Flickerwisp tribe has a meeting every wednesday, its mostly Aurin themed RP but all characters are welcome to visit, that is also at 9PM GMT+1.

So yeah. RP is still very much alive on Jabbit.
Posted Jan 29, 16
Stars:
+53
First of all, welcome back.

Secondly, I haven't logged into the game to take a look at the state of the RP community in a little while (For various reasons) but I just remember it seemed a little.... Depressing at times with the LFRP channel often dead quiet and attempts to start RP usually fruitless, even in the evening when it's typically prime-time (And when RP events are started it's usually with the same few regulars which definitely made it all quite tedious and repetitive for me). I know there are regular weekly events, and I've even considered starting up my own, but outside of those it's lucky to see 3-6 people at one spontaneous RP event when none others are on.

I hope this is all related to the general downtime of the game right now to do with the lack of content and therefore people being driven away (*Awkward cough* Me included.....), and I do genuinely hope that the RP community on Jabbit might gain a little more momentum with Drop 7 (Whenever that will be....)

I also hope people on Jabbit used these forums and the WSRP Discord channel a I feel we're quite underrepresented and often trumped by the louder discussions about Entity, which might lead people to believe there is no RP community on Jabbit whatsoever, which isn't true. I've tried putting up advertisements in the LFRP channel for this forum and the Discord channel but I'm not quite sure how successful they were. It'd also help people try and organise events and start discussions easier, much like how the Entity RP community appears to be now.

But either way, I personally feel a little down about the Jabbit RP community right now, but I don't at all believe it's entirely dead. No, it's not perfect, but there's not much to lose in trying it out again and judging it for yourself. I hope to see you around in-game!
ruuli emberglade // jabbit
vGxC157.png
Posted Jan 29, 16
Stars:
+18
Hmm, I guess I might dare to bump my question in this thread instead of making a new one? I recently returned after a hiatus and want to know what indeed is the state of roleplay in WildStar EU at the moment? What are the hot-spots of both sides?
"Superfast, superfast, I come in last
But just in time for breakfast
Keep it through, keep it through, forever blue
The night, the night throws at us
Aluminum, a crucial fun, aluminum
The sea is radioactive."
Posted Feb 28, 16
Stars:
+53
wrote:
Hmm, I guess I might dare to bump my question in this thread instead of making a new one? I recently returned after a hiatus and want to know what indeed is the state of roleplay in WildStar EU at the moment? What are the hot-spots of both sides?

First of all, welcome back!

I can't is speak for Dominion, but I know Exiles side I'd say is doing fine. Usually the LFRP channel is dead silent all day apart from a few things here and there but there's still a decent amount of people around and the weekly Blackthorne Lounge event is still pretty popular. In terms of hot-spots, the Blackthorne Lounge (Plot owner Diztrixia Blackthorne, I think) is used a lot as is the Crooked Cog (Plot owner Ruuli Emberglade), I know the Lunar Eclipse used to be more popular but I think some still use it now (Plot owner Barnum Oathbreaker).

Even if the population isn't excessive right now I'm sure it'll improve with Drop 7 and the game's Steam release coming soon.
ruuli emberglade // jabbit
vGxC157.png
Posted Feb 29, 16
Stars:
+14

In terms of hot-spots, the Blackthorne Lounge (Plot owner Diztrixia Blackthorne, I think)

That is indeed the correct plot name, thanks Ruuli & Timmong for the mentions! :thumb:

ICly the club is open 24/7, but Mondays is the staffed event night. We run every Monday, officially starting from 19:30, with two DJs bringing music from 8pm (currently GMT).

More details on the venue here:

http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/23659135-exile-blackthorne-lounge-conclavers-tavern

And here:

http://theblackthornelounge.tumblr.com/
The Blackthorne Lounge & Conclavers Tavern
The Blackthorne Family Tumblr
Posted Feb 29, 16 · Last edited Feb 29, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+18
Great! It's Monday, isn't it? I'll be there if I can to sniff the general atmosphere. :)
"Superfast, superfast, I come in last
But just in time for breakfast
Keep it through, keep it through, forever blue
The night, the night throws at us
Aluminum, a crucial fun, aluminum
The sea is radioactive."
Posted Feb 29, 16
NoticeNotices