Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 2

Aurin Tribes

11 replies
Stars:
+78
Hi!
I think you're spot on with the Verdune biome (at least I'd think so! In certain areas of it.)
I'm working on two aurin tribes, but, they're both set in the Hirn, unfortunately, or I'd totally add you!
I've seen a few cold oriented aurin floating around. Should be able to find them.
Best of luck!
Odd Arts of Leschinsky (Also a Deviantart)
Arbon Vale Aurin Cultural Preserve
Sahr Aurin Desert Nomadic Culture
Posted Dec 4, 15
Stars:
I thought the Verdune was 'Evergreen' like... if you search Evergreen it is basically a forest... my character is from the Verdune :3
Posted Jul 27, 16
Stars:
Correction: Verdune is a lush forest or forest-like place that is always green and had leaves throughout the year
Posted Jul 28, 16
Stars:
WildStar loramageddon:

The Aurin hail from Arboria, a Fringe world completely covered in a thick canopy of forests, jungles and marshes. There are six great forest types on Arboria: the Lansa (sequoia-like), the Nestri (aspen-like), the Hirn (acacia-like), the Desodar (oak-like), the Wikren (banyan-like), and the Verdune (evergreen-like).

Wikipedia and other websites with info:

An equatorial evergreen forest is a forest consisting entirely or mainly of evergreen trees that retain green foliage all year round. Such forests reign in the equatorial region, between the tropics primarily as broadleaf evergreens, and in temperate and boreal latitudes primarily as coniferous evergreens.

Moist forest, montane forest,mossy forests, laurel forest, cloud forest, fog forest, are generally tropical or subtropical or mild temperate evergreen forest, found in areas with high humidity and relatively stable and mild temperatures, characterized by a persistent, frequent or seasonal low-level cloud cover, usually at the canopy level. Cloud forests often exhibit an abundance of mosses covering the ground and vegetation.

Okay I made my point now I need to shut up
Posted Jul 28, 16
Stars:
+307
I have my Keeran from a snowy village Raeha, and it has fairly simple history I have already established a while ago! If you want we can totally toss headcanons between each other and if you want can have Perry be either from there or neighbour it!
Posted Jul 28, 16
Stars:
+366
WildStar loramageddon:

The Aurin hail from Arboria, a Fringe world completely covered in a thick canopy of forests, jungles and marshes. There are six great forest types on Arboria: the Lansa (sequoia-like), the Nestri (aspen-like), the Hirn (acacia-like), the Desodar (oak-like), the Wikren (banyan-like), and the Verdune (evergreen-like).

Wikipedia and other websites with info:

An equatorial evergreen forest is a forest consisting entirely or mainly of evergreen trees that retain green foliage all year round. Such forests reign in the equatorial region, between the tropics primarily as broadleaf evergreens, and in temperate and boreal latitudes primarily as coniferous evergreens.

Moist forest, montane forest,mossy forests, laurel forest, cloud forest, fog forest, are generally tropical or subtropical or mild temperate evergreen forest, found in areas with high humidity and relatively stable and mild temperatures, characterized by a persistent, frequent or seasonal low-level cloud cover, usually at the canopy level. Cloud forests often exhibit an abundance of mosses covering the ground and vegetation.

Okay I made my point now I need to shut up

Well, according to datamined lore, there is this nugget about Verdune trees as well;
55716 Verdune trees keep their spiny leaves throughout the harsh Arborean winters. Their silva are known to be loyal and tolerant throughout the roughest of times. wrote:
XDdjSto.png
Posted Jul 29, 16
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
Yes, the Verdune trees are 'Evergreen' meaning they will not loose their leaves or their green colour (well not always). It's just where you are on Arboria I guess. Lil' paradise on the edge of the fringe...

Speaking of Arboria I just realized that Arboria is named after the word Arboreal, meaning 'Living in trees'. Can't believe I didn't notice that before ^-^. Same as Celestion, named from the word Celestial :p

How didn't I see that before >:o
Posted Aug 23, 16
Stars:
+4
I would love to get involved in this!
Posted Aug 23, 16
Stars:
+366
Yes, the Verdune trees are 'Evergreen' meaning they will not loose their leaves or their green colour (well not always). It's just where you are on Arboria I guess. Lil' paradise on the edge of the fringe...

Well, there is the bit about "harsh Arborian winters" in there. So, it's easy to extrapolate that it's meaning they're in the more cold regions of the planetary landscape.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Aug 24, 16
Stars:
+27
In the same way that if someone said "harsh Earth winters", they'd obviously be talking about winter in places like Canada, Finland, and Russia, and not Jamaica or Australia.
Now with 100% more Tumblr!

Rowan Goldenclaw--[ Aurin ]--[ Stalker ]
Enzo Riverwend--[ Aurin]--[ Engineer ]
Kaiveryn Darkmoon--[ Aurin ]--[ Esper ]
Jaxas Wanderwild--[ Aurin ]--[ Spellslinger ]
Nikita Casimir--[ Mordesh ]--[ Medic ]
Taryn Rustridge--[ Exile Human ]--[ Warrior ]
Sequoia Dreamsong--[ Aurin ]--[ Esper ]
Hanniko Fenflourish--[ Aurin ]--[ Stalker ]
Kethral Bloodraker--[ Draken ]--[ Warrior ]
Diego Sagacitus--[ Cassian ]--[ Esper ]
Zera Firemane--[ Draken ]--[ Spellslinger ]