Page
of 4

WSRP Chat and Discord

31 replies
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I was looking a bit more into the privacy concerns with Discord since a few of the more tech inclined people said that it was a concern. What I found was basically what Pyra said - It uses your data, but basically in the same way that other free services do.

I also found the Enjin privacy policy: http://www.enjin.com/privacy - should you look into it. Discord's policy actually seems a bit more data protective than enjin's.
Posted Nov 28, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+57
Alright, my two cents on the Discord feedback topic - I've used it for a few days now, and personally, I gotta say I quite like it. It can be used both in the browser and as a standalone app (be it on cell or desktop), which I think is definitely a plus, since I find chats in browser tabs to be harder to follow. I'm also pretty fond of the interface, I find it easier to keep track of, and the option to switch between what kind of activity you want to be notified for (all activity/mentions only/no notifications) is pretty great. Both general chat and direct messages have formatting options, which could be great for RP purposes (the Enjin chat might have that as well though, and I just haven't discovered it? Do correct me if that's the case).

On the downside, I imagine some confusion/division in attention may ensue, at least while there's two chats, I guess? But I suppose that's just something we'll get used to in time, whatever's decided in the end.

I personally didn't have any trouble with either installing or it slowing down my computer usage (for now at least), but that might be a minus point if there's many that experience that.

All in all, I'm personally all for Discord, but I don't particularly mind the other option either and I'll just be hopping on whichever train ends up being the optimal choice for most.
Posted Nov 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices