WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Answers and Auspices (Drezrak)

5 replies
Stars:
+11

Having made full circle of the dusty paths of Doomhowl Village, the ominious words of the Bloodshaman still lurking like a blight in the back of her thoughts, Jya assisted her mate in collecting the few belongings left in their rented hut. They hadn't brought much as their time spent here had been completely unplanned so the exercise was merely retrieving her gloves and looking around to make sure they didn't forget anything.

While she waited for Drezrak to finish and for the second time in a span of a few minutes, she layed a hand on her chest, needing to feel the comforting shape of the talisman hidden beneath her leather bodice. Her touch confirmed. It was still there. And even though she knew it was impossible, she swore she could feel it pulsing, like a second heart. An icy refrain.

The Drakeness shook her head to dispell the black hole her thoughts were falling into and flipped a silken length of violet hair from where it teased down to her face. The purplish tumble of her thick mane shivered down her back in an effortless cascade, the length not fettered by any adornment or braid. She was naturally preening for her new mate who was approaching.

Drezrak Hellmaster had stepped into her life at a pivotal moment and stomped his boot down into the midsts of it all. Not that Jya hadn't begged him to do it, something fiercely alluring about the Decanus of the Crimson Legion that called to her like Mikrosian honey. The couple had instantly felt unadulterated attraction, the kind that could not be faked or forced. The vibe between them was still palpable as if any moment, the air itself might catch fire.

She would meet him half way and nuzzle her horns to his impressive rack, her eyes seeking his. They were like fire in the dark.

"We've found what we were seeking, my mate. For the most part. And should Aurins try to attack us again, we will soon be finding out why and squash their efforts and the root of their foul tree." She said nothing about the other chunk of information the Bloodshaman had blurted. She was hoping he would just forget it or pass it off as nothing. She trailed up his sculpted forearm and bicep with the tips of her claws, seeking his scaled skin between where his armor covered.

"Let's go home," she purred. It sounded divine to her.

Posted Nov 16, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+29
Drezrak, called the Hellmaster and Veteran Decanus of the Crimson Legion Vanguard, taker of skulls for Ravok, collected his few belongings from the hut alongside his mate and moved to meet her outside. He was large for a male of his race, broad through the shoulders and arms with a narrow waist and two stout legs that were nearly always bent slightly and capable of moving his huge body with frightening quickness when needed. His long, simian like arms ended in over-sized hands each finger capped by a black talon. Dispite his great size he moved with the natural grace only a born warrior or a lifelong soldier could manage, his motions possessing a economy of movement that spoke of his ability for violence at any given moment. His head was large and bestial and instead of the hair some of his race boasted Drezrak had long, tentacle like appendages that swept back from his head and draped down his back, flowing around his swept back horns. They were barbed and webbed, connected to one another and forming a flowing tress of dreadlocks. His face was bare as well, only a few black bone spurs sprouting from his chin and brow. His eyes were deep set and red, the vertical pupils surrounded by a bright ring of yellow. They always seemed to burn with life, violent primal life...

He shouldered open the door and stepped out into the light of the early afternoon, looking around and finding his mate. Jya... His young Bloodlotus. She was tall and lithe, beautiful and dangerous. The daughter of a Bloodshaman and a lauded huntress back on Mikros, she was exactly what Drezrak thought a female of his race should be. Both dangerous and beautiful, fit and yet curvaceous. He angled face framed by her long purple hair and her curved horns. While Drezrak looked more to the amphibian traits his race possessed, Jya held more to the mammal. She was the lioness while he was the drake. She had entered his life a little less then a month ago, right after he had arrived on Nexus. From the start she had turned it upside down, though in reality he didn't regret any of his actions. She was perfect in his eyes, he had never really considered a Bloodpact, or the act of starting a family but now that he was here on Nexus, owned land, had a homestead and a chance to live and fight for the Dominion without sailing the stars to do so his attitude had changed.

He noticed how she moved to meet him and smiled, a lioness coming to her king. He nuzzled her back, his nostrils flaring as he drank down her scent. It had already been committed to his memory, he could pick her out of a crowd at fifty feet if he wished but still he enjoyed it. It fired his already hot blood and his eyes widened ever so slightly. A low deep rumble built in his chest and he wrapped a long arm around her and pulled her close to his semi-armored form for a moment before letting her go and nodding to the north side of the village, where the gate to the plains of Deradune lay and their path home led.

"Let the tree rats come, Ravoks rage is endless, so is his need for fury. Let any who seek us harm come forward and be tested. I'll take each of their heads for my pile." He rumbled as he led her through the gate. He would turn and make sure she was ready before checking his own equipment and the set of his massive warblade across his back. Once everything was settled he would begin jogging, loping through the tall grass and low brush of the Deradune plains at a easy pace, ensuring that he wouldn't outdistance his mate he ran next to her, looking down every few minuets to check his GPS on his wrist mounted MKII shield generator and weapon system that covered the entirety of his left forearm.

"So tell me more of this prophecy the shaman spoke of, this thing your father warned you about Jya." He asked as they ran tirelessly though the land.
"I am the voice and the clarion call, I am heretic's ruin and rivals fall. I am the Hellmaster and I have come for your skull!"
Posted Nov 16, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+11
Drezrak's response to conflict was often to dole out death in the name of Ravok. Two Aurin had been cut down by the irrevocable negotiation of his power sword and it seemed if he had his way, he would hack through far more tree rats. Jya purred at his words, an intimate sound hinting his blood rage got her heated. She also looked frustrated that she couldn't show him -how- heated. Not unless she didn't mind writhing beneath him in the tall grass of Deradune. Which she didn't.

The timing was off though. Really really off.

"So be it. Paint the grasses with their blood and let Ravok revel in you. I am sure he already does."

Jya wasn't one to stroke with empty compliments. She had seen her mate in action and had full confidence in his abilities. However, her strategist mind was constantly angling for better vantage over a would-be threat so she also added, "Save one for me this time, hm? I would love to pick their brain. That is, pick bits and pieces of it out of my bone saw. Make them beg for death and tell all. It's just juicy, the tidbits you find out when pressing with proper motivation."

Drezrak had drawn her into him for this exchange and they left Doomhowl soon after, Jya naturally syncing to his set pace. Which was a pace that would be brutal to most for the two Draken were born to traverse the open, dusky wilds of the Nexus savanna with its tall grass and thorny trees, a landscape much like distant Mikros. Just starting to relax as she ran beside him, an unexpected feeling of comfort settling into her bones, Jya was jolted from its sweet cocoon when that deep voice rumbled the very question she was hoping to avoid. Green eyes dart to him, her look like glass shrapnel.

"It's not important.." Her reply was a tad softer than her normal speaking voice. She was hoping that crusty old shaman tripped over his blood bowl and impaled himself accidentally on a skull spear for all the trouble he was causing her. "It could have hundreds of meanings if it is even accurate." She wondered if the option to entice him was still viable. She would rather be writhing than divulging this. Even if was to writhe in the dirt while a pack of Aurin closed in.
Posted Nov 18, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+29
Ran easily through the tall grass and low brush of Deradune, the two of them easily eating through the miles as they traveled twoards home. He was silent for a while after she spoke, this thoughts his own. Drezrak was a lifelong soldier, for over thirty years he had served the Legions, fighting and killing in the name of the Emperor. His life had been simple in its own way. He didn't deal with things like prophecies and omens, the void was something alien to him. While he had always respected the Old Gods and their representatives in the mortal world he had never put too much stock in them. His world was what he could see and touch, life and death came from edge of his blade and the strength of his armor, ethereal imaginings and clouded visions held little weight.

Still, the sheer fact that Jya was uncomfortable talking with him about it and continued to avoid answering him nagged at his mind as they ran. She didn't keep things from him, had already divulged secret to him in the past. True it had been after they had mated and lay tangled together in his large bed, surrounded by fur blankets. Perhaps it was just pillow talk but Drezrak had a strong instinct that she had been telling the truth then, just as he suspected she was lying to him now. The fact that she felt it necessary to keep things from him left a bitter taste in his mouth. Had he not proven his loyalty to her, had he not already killed for her, fought for her..... claimed her? He shook his bestial head , his long webbed dreads shaking out behind him as it swayed with movements of his body.

He checked their position on his display and nodded, they were close to home, another few miles and their hut would appear over the horizon. He began to slow his pace a bit casting about warily with his eyes and scenting the air. They were nearing home and it was already shown that those who were interested in them knew where he lived. It wasn't hard to find his homestead as it was just a mile or so outside of Bloodfire village. A decent sized plot of land he had a found ore started a garden and built a home, there was even a natural spring there he had dug up and just recently he had built a water tower to help with the coming summer.

He turned to look at her as they ran, his eyes finding her bright green orbs. The look on his savage face said, cut the crap.

"Why do you try to hide the truth of things from me Jya? I told you before, I am not one of your lackeys. Do not try to manipulate me or play me. I'm not a asset.. I am your mate, we have taken the Bloodpact. You gave me your innocence and one day you will give me children." He paused then looking back to the horizon. He could see the top of his house peeking over the horizon and the tall outline of the water tower. They would be home in a few more minuets of running.

"You can speak now, explain what the Bloodshaman was talking about or you can continue to skrit the subject. But once we're home, and I activate the talisman you will tell me what this vision means. You -owe- me that." He rumbled. Despite the deep harshness of his voice there was no threat there just fact. He turned his head back to her, waiting to see if she would divulge whatever it was she was so keen to keep from him.
"I am the voice and the clarion call, I am heretic's ruin and rivals fall. I am the Hellmaster and I have come for your skull!"
Posted Nov 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+11
Jya chewed on her bottom lip as they ran, growing silent. It wasn't that she was winded or sensed a threat. No. She could simply tell her mate was displeased with her dodging. It was the stink of distaste and frustration that she could almost smell on him, it was so thick. Still, she was reluctant to spill the truth, inclined to keep it to herself, much the way one might put a plant over the ugly stain on the carpet. And those twin urges to both please and hide were driving her a little crazy as was not blurting out an explanation to soothe the rough edges.

Nnngghhh. Caring what Drezrak Hellmaster thought was snarling her up. The Blood Lotus had not expected to like him this much but something about her Decanus wormed far beneath her skin. It really had been so from the start and a prime example was how she kept looking over to the savage lines of his profile, attempting to glean from his expression what he was thinking. An addictive, if unhelpful habit. His brimstone eyes were staring forward as they ran, bone-studded jaw set. He could be thinking of throttling her until she confessed every one of her secrets but his stalwart expression wasn't have revealing much one way or another.

A frown marred dark, sultry lips. Irritation prickled.

Ironic that she didn't like to be kept in the dark when the tables were turned.

Nearing their cozy home, a sense of dread came to noose her heart in its icy clutch. There would be no distractions once they returned and she fully expected him to tell her what's on is mind. And she didn't have long to wait for the inevitable when her lover called her out. Drezrak slowed and his deep voice rumbled. His tone and sharp look brooked no argument, not even for one like her who could slither herself out of most corners she was backed into. She sighed, her loping gait petering off to a brisk walk then finally to stop. They were a stone's throw from the house and no one seemed around. Best to say it, pull the bandage from the sticky wound.

Even if he got angry after the telling. But maybe he wouldn't.

"It's complicated.." she said softly, reaching out to brush his massive hand with her own. She wasn't dodging now, only attempting to explain it wasn't as straight forward as she knew he liked. "I don't want you to misunderstand... or question my desire to be with you, my mate. The prophecy was this endless refrain my father spoke since I can remember. I thought I was fulfilling it when we met when I was to be given to another."

She shook her head a little. "And then I met you.."

She produced a small metal disk from the pouch he had seen her wear about her neck. It was tarnished looking like an well treasured heirloom.
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+29
Slowed as she did then stopped to face her. A light sheen of sweat covered his dark flesh and the scent of his skin was on the air. He smelled like hot metal, something Jya was well aware of. He listened to her words his block face neutral as she spoke his red eyes finding and fixing on her green ones. Her eyes were so much larger then his, her feature softer and more human. So attractive, the pattering of her scaled flesh and how it complimented her facial structure. He had never really put much thought into beautiful things but she floored him every time he saw her. Even now when his blood was hot, from the run and her constant dodging inside he softened a little. Not much, a champion of Ravok and Veteran Decanus of the Legions never went soft but his features warmed a fraction as she explained.

He opened his huge paw to her long, clawed fingers, taking her hand in his if she wold let him. HIs hand was so much bigger then hers it would swallow it whole if she let him take it. He held it gently as she finished and she reached into her pouch and pulled forth the metal disk. He looked at it then her, then it again.
"I am getting sick of talismans and data cubes Jya." He began as he wrapped his other hand around her waist. His hand was so very large and her waist so very small his paw completely encircled it. He pulled her closer to him, pressing her curvy body up to his semi armored form.

"Do you think I doubt your desire to be here with me Jya?" He shook his large head. "No I do not, I can smell you when you get excited, I notice when you look at me. You have already shown your decision to trust me by telling me the truth about your involvement with the ICI. Which is part of the reason your reluctance now bothers me. You do not show trust and then withhold from someone unless you are being false and just trying to lule them." He rumbled as he kept her pulled into his huge frame. He was two or even almost three times her size and bulk and she could literally loose herself in him if she wished to.

"Just tell me and let me be the judge of your motivations. I think you are with me because Werza herself set us to meet, like two parts of the same half that were only parts of something greater until they met and became one. There is no denying that I am yours and that you are mine." He placed his forehead against hers, their horns knocking together and she could feel the increased pressure of his hand around her waist as he squeezed slightly.

"Just explain it to me my Bloodlotus, just tell me what it is that's got you so upset. Leave nothing out, don't speak half truths and lies, I know vision are not cut and dry for the realms of the Gods are not meant for mortal eyes. But tell me what you can." He said in his deep gruff voice and then stepped back a little to give her room to breath and tell her story.
Posted Nov 21, 15
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices