Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 4

WildStar Addon Documentation

34 replies
Stars:
+82
Hello fellow developers,

I've been playing with this idea to build a small website where all Addon Documentation and Tutorials will be stored for WildStar. I know we have this WildStarNASA project, but let's face the truth, there is not much happening there, and with the wiki being dead now, a lot of crucial information is being lost.

I noticed myself that I'm struggling constantly to keep up with Carbine changes and just trying to figure out what specific functions do in the game.
I would like to gauche for some interest.

I have a Debian box running where I plan to host a new, small website that will allow us to write articles for creating Addons, and to host a wiki to store all documentation.
However this is a fairly large project to do solo.
Would people be interesting in joining me for this?

The idea is to run a small WordPress website as front-end and a media wiki next to it.
I'll grant access to those interested and active to help out where needed.
Domain name is not yet registered, so project can have any name desired.

Any volunteers?
Posted Nov 12, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
I've got all my content here you can use. I'll assist when I can. My suggestion is to write a parser for the XML files pulled from Houston to build the base DB. We've got ones as up to date as the last drop, which should be relatively up to date (changes to that will be less hassle than doing it all by hand.)
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 12, 15
Stars:
+35
I would be interested in helping write documentation and tutorials as well, I was planning on writing a few anyway.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 12, 15
Stars:
+275
Sorry, I've enough projects on my plate at the moment. However, I wish you luck. It's ridiculous that a year in Carbine doesn't have decent docs for us. But I guess with things having gone the way they did (the slide to F2P), I can't blame them for allocating resources accordingly. At least they've been pretty responsive to questions on the official forms.
3462105.jpg
Posted Nov 12, 15
Stars:
+82
Okidoki,

I will setup the wiki as soon as I can then. I do not own a domain at the moment so I will simply use my server ip for now.

Any suggestions under which name we want to kick this project off?
Posted Nov 13, 15 · OP
Stars:
+35
I would suggest something simple and searchable like WildstarDocs or WildstarAPI. For a project like this I feel it is better to go straightforward and what it is rather than try to come up with something cute or catchy. Just my opinion though!
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 13, 15
Stars:
+82
Aww and here I was hoping to go for fluffy-chua-addons.com :p
Posted Nov 13, 15 · OP
Stars:
+35
ChuaDocs might actually be a good name, since we are going to be putting it together by figuring most out ourselves, a la chua tech.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 13, 15
Stars:
+82
We can figure out the name later ;)
But I will keep both options in mind for now. With a bit of luck I can set up the wiki this weekend
Posted Nov 13, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
The Granok in me is offended. Try nto to be partisan in naming. I can be offputting. Faction loyalty is not to be trifled with.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 13, 15
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices