WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 5

[Addon] [Released] Tell Me More: A Lightweight Profile Addon

43 replies
Stars:
+35
I am planning on adding a search feature, as well as a 'nearby rpers' tab, and a 'get profile of current target', these will likely come in future versions.

Thank you for the list of descriptions! I will add those, as well as the attributes you requested above.

Also:
The list of people online does not scale for the whole window. This will be fixed in the new version (it has a scrollbar though so no info is missing)
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP · Last edited Nov 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Awesome, really nice work Titor! It seems really solid already. If you need help going through the list, I'll be happy to go over it and make a selection of words that are more likely to be usable for you :)
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+366
Really nice work here!

I would say that maybe adding in a few things for abilities like Weave user, etc and the like would be good too. Though, there's not many of us. haha.
XDdjSto.png
Posted Nov 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Maybe a more extensive Skill list in general, here's a few things I can think of that could be useful but still seem general enough that several people might use them:

Weave Using
Piloting
Healing/Medicine
Alchemy
Diplomacy
Storytelling (good for Chroniclers)
Military Strategy
Racing
Posted Nov 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+83
Downloaded it, tried it out, love it. Excellent work! I like that I can opt out of fields I don't wish to include.

I'd request "Voodoo" as a talent for my Slingers Run bouncer, but that may be a wee bit too specific. :d
wpheadermobile.png
Posted Nov 8, 15
Stars:
+35
Woops! There is also an issue with logging back in and restoring the save data. It cuts off the first character of custom fields!
This will be fixed very soon since it is a semi critical bug.

I am going to take a break from coding tonight though but will probably have the second version out tomorrow.

Please report any other bugs you find in that time!
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 8, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
things I found missing when setting it up for Soey:

Tattoos: please add "Right Shoulder" (..and left too, I guess) as options, and "Other (ask)" like with races might be useful too.
Scars: please add "Other (ask)" like with races.

...I think in general, "Other (ask)" should be an option for most fields.

...also, I kinda wanna select "Hugging" in the Talents, but I suppose thats too specific to add. You could add "Speech Impairment" to Disabilities tho I guess?

Also, after editing my profile and re-publishing, I got this:
Quote:
...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:767: bad argument #3 to 'SetCellText' (string expected, got nil)
stack trace:
[C]: in function 'SetCellText'
...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:767: in function 'renderInspectAttr'
...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:746: in function <...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:743>
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Nov 8, 15 · Last edited Nov 8, 15
Vaz o
Stars:
+1
Online on Site
Oooh, nice! :d

Field for hair color, please?
Posted Nov 8, 15
Stars:
+18
...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:755: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack trace:
...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:755: in function 'renderInspectAttr'
...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:746: in function <...ing\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\TellMeMore\TellMeMore.lua:743>

Just posting an error I got. I am unsure when it came up though.

All I did was:

Make Profile then publish. (no custom text though)

Then after that I attempted to acquire information from another user.
Posted Nov 8, 15
Stars:
+386
https://youtu.be/sijAbpgmaXU
Big guys are fluffy too.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Nov 8, 15
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices