Page
of 5

[Addon] [Released] Tell Me More: A Lightweight Profile Addon

43 replies
Sly
Stars:
+803
Untagged users
Nifty sort of work around! Love that the UI already fits into Wildstar's theme. My only request would be possibly putting in the Character creation eye color options, along with more body type descriptions and talents.
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+35
Thank you, and ah, yes! I think I have a default/standard option there which is to denote the avatar model's eye, I was thinking of only adding traits that would not be reflected or differ from the avatar itself.

If you have ideas for what you would like to see for the body type descriptions and talents, please let me know and I can add them for release.

I also have this idea that would allow a few custom fields to be transmitted as well, if the limit is really per second and not per minute. I will have to do some testing but I have some ideas for it.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Sly
Stars:
+803
Untagged users
Body types: Lithe, overweight, athletic, sinewy, heavy, plush, sculpted, beanpole, fluffy are what I can come up with on the top of my head. Custom fields would be fab, but only having a few is for the best imo.
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+35
Version 1.0 Released!!
Please check out the release at Curse

Please also let me know of any errors you encounter! Or if you wish to have more features added to the existing lists (or a new category all togehter)

It allows the sending of two 75 character custom fields in addition to all of the selected data.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP · Last edited Nov 7, 15
Star
List
Undo
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
I'll install it now and test it out!

Edit: First point: For body type, would it be possible to split body type and height? Or rather, add a height field? Since that's completely independent of the body type, I feel like it would be useful :)
Posted Nov 7, 15 · Last edited Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
When I try to download it to test it out with Ender, I get:

"This project is in moderation."

So can't see it or download it.
patriciansignature2_zpse831ff55.png
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+35
Note:
there is a small error that will occur if you click on your name in the online list before you set a profile. This error is safe to ignore and will be fixed in the next version. It will go away when you set a profile.

Also, the fluffy body type is more for chuas, I suppose! Or perhaps really fluffy Aurin.

The project is propagating through the Curse network, it should be up for everyone soon.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Nov 7, 15 · OP
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Overall, really impressed! It seem to work fine for me, I had no problems loading it and the UI looks really nice. I've also been able to see others profile with no problems, the list is nice.

I'm gonna write up a list of little details regarding the selections:

As mentioned above, a Height field would be nice.
Under Relationships: There's both a Single - Not Looking and a Not Looking. Personally, I'd like the ability to also just list Single, but not specify if the character is looking or not.

Tattoos: Missing Back and Shoulders as selections.

In general for things like Scars and Tattoos, I'd love an option that simply lists "Other", to indicate that the character might have specific scars or tattoos that aren't listed.

Perhaps a Piercing category?

Love the addition of the custom fields!
Posted Nov 7, 15
Stars:
+1,991
Admins
Caretaker
Ah ok there it goes, great! I was wondering, how difficult would it be to add a search feature. I know we can list people alphabetically, but I'm wondering say if we run into a situations where there are 100 names on the list all starting with A (just an example) if we can type into a search field to narrow things down and find the person we are looking for standing across from us?

Just curious if that's possible.

Really like the work and effort so far though!
patriciansignature2_zpse831ff55.png
Posted Nov 7, 15
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
Oh, I also just wanted to give you a link to this big list of physical descriptions I quite like. There's a lot to go through and not all of it is likely relevant, but it might have some good ideas!

Link here!
Posted Nov 7, 15
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices