WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 2

[Addon] [In Alpha] RPF - The Roleplay Party Finder

13 replies
Stars:
+35
This idea is inspired by the party finder in FFXIV. It allows one to put up an event, as well as a location of the event. With one click, others can join your event if they are in a housing ward.

It is a way to show other RPers what events are currently going on, and are active, as well as where they are.

It is currently in alpha, I have a seemingly working version that I have tested between myself and another developer friend of mine. I would like to have a few people testing it to add more entries and make sure everything stays synchronized, and that the ICComm channel does not get overloaded, etc. The addon has been attached to the next post of mine in this thread

I would also appreciate feedback on this plugin if you have any. Here are some screenshots of how it looks currently:

Yw4tzKX.png

OMSKQ9D.png

pzNi2CZ.png

If you would like to volunteer to help test, please contact me here. Testing would likely be done on the Dominion side of Entity.
prXb8TW.png
Posted Oct 28, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
This is an -amazing- idea, my plots always open for RP but it would be great to slap a notification up when myself or some of the staff are there RPing without having to announce to the ooc channel every 30ish minutes.
The screenshots make it look really easy to use as well!
If I ever get my Draken to 14 I'll hit you up for testing.
Posted Oct 28, 15
Stars:
+2,002
Next week, I'll have more time available to give it some test runs. I'll be happy to check it out.
mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Ender a
Stars:
+2,779
Admins
This sounds really awesome, and your screenshots shows a lot of great potential!
I don't really have anything on my plots right now, but if it's just for testing purposes, I'll be happy to help out anyway if that doesn't matter :d
Posted Oct 28, 15
I love this. +1, 10/10
Posted Oct 28, 15
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
This does sound really neat! This could really help improve RP event cordinations and such!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Oct 28, 15
Stars:
+386
Good concept. A few pointers though. Don't use the "List" feature of Houston. It's messy and memory heavy. Use a grid window, it works like a spreadsheet / HTML table. Same effect, cleaner. Also don't use the base skin Houston starts you out with. it clashes something awful, and looked terrible to begin with. People will judge your addon on the UI.

I would like to see your code (You should set up a Git repo for it) to see if I can offer assistance.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Oct 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I love this idea! I hope it goes great!
Posted Oct 28, 15
Stars:
+35
Thank you for the feedback, everyone!

I have gotten it to a state where I feel comfortable releasing an alpha version of the addon, and not just sticking with closed testing. Please note that this is very much alpha addon and is prone to break.

Thank you Togglebutton for the pointers. If I can get the proof of concept down, and a version 1.0 working, I will go forward with optimizing memory usage and interface.

The github for this addon is here, and the addon itself in .zip format is attached to this post (Though technically you could just use the github zip, but, convenience!)

Please post what errors or oddities you find. I will be actively working on it, and will put it up on Curse when I feel it is stable enough.
Attached Files
You must login to download files.

prXb8TW.png
Posted Oct 28, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 28, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
So, looking around, you're doing a lot of unessacary setup in the OnDocLoaded event. setting you flags (Better to call them CodeEnumFlags for consistence) can be done in the "new" method. Same thing with a the JSON package. Any addon variable can be setup there. That method should be used for stuff that can only be set with the UI created.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Oct 28, 15
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices