WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

Should we also have an WSRP channel in-game?

6 replies
Stars:
+25
For both Exiles and Dominion.

I'm aware of the LFRP channel, however there's been a few tidbits of discussion as to whether it would be best served as doing what it says on the tin (That is to say, LFRP is generally only used for those advertising or seeking RP, as opposed to generic OOC talk and ramblings). As it stands we've no general/global RP-but-not-RP chitchat channel, at least on Dominion side, dunno about Exiles.

I for one am tired of leveling efficiently and want to spend hours furiously typing into a chat box as I spiral off into nonsensical tangents, and would love to create a full OOC channel for the EU WSRP community, where pretty much anything related to either the game, RP, or the RP community itself can be discussed. I also feel it'd help make things a bit more consistent and tied together with the US side of things if we all originate from nearly the same website. I really don't want to encourage a US vs EU mentality, and I personally reckon sharing features such as channel names would help spread the 'brand', so to speak.

That's not to say I'm going to try and 'compete' with the LFRP channel. I think it's fair to say the two channels could co-exist as they can serve two completely different purposes. LFRP for seeking RP, WSRP for discussing RP, Wildstar as a game (So basically not-RP stuff), and whatever else. Ideally I'd hope the channel could resemble simply a very open guild chat, rather than just being a tool to use. Besides, from what I can tell a fair few have asked LFRP isn't flooded with such discussion. And y'know what? That's totally fair. It'd be like if TV adverts were suddenly flooded with two guys talking about random nonsense for minutes straight at random intervals.

My god I can waffle on, can't I? Seriously, if you've seen my other posts you'd probably already know that, but whatever, incoherent rambling ends nooooow.....nnnnoooow..... now? Now..... Nooooooooow? Now! NOW!.... Now?
Posted Oct 13, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 13, 15
Kiyara Benefactor
Stars:
+40
Exile side, our LFRP channel is flooded with general chit chat, as well as RP ads. I don't feel we need another personally.
Posted Oct 13, 15
Stars:
+25
wrote:
Exile side, our LFRP channel is flooded with general chit chat, as well as RP ads. I don't feel we need another personally.

Mhyes, I did hear the Exile LFRP is far more active and bustling. But as I may have already mentioned, Dominion side LFRP is generally very quiet, and limited to only advertising RP or housing plots for the most part. This is of course only when I've been online. Usually between 2pm-10pm GMT... which is pretty much the entirety of prime time. I've tried stirring up conversation, but I've had conflicting comments about whether or not LFRP is -just- meant for seeking RP or for general chit chat between the RP community, and even requests to move anything that isn't strictly LFRP specific to be moved to circles or whispers.

I am aware of several circles Dominion side, but these require an invite and are overall not as frequently advertised or as easily accessible as a regular chat channel. Plus you can only join so many afaik.

The issue I suppose is that with the channl being so quiet (Dominion side) new people join, but don't say a word, then assume it's only for seeking RP which in fairness is exactly what the channel is called. WSRP could potentially eliminate this confusion whilst keeping LFRP around as a handy in-game tool.
Posted Oct 13, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1
Heya! I've returned quite recently but have seen a lot of chit-chat in exile and dominion LFRP. I've also seen some people who seem to dislike that (in my case on exile) but my answer to that is pretty much a shrug on my aurin and a bomb in their mail on my chua.

LFRP channels, in my opinion, are about more than just looking for rp. They connect the community, for better or for worse. If I see someone chatting in the LFRP about something that I find interesting and/or know something about, then I will follow along with the conversation ^^
Posted Oct 25, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
Quote:
Mhyes, I did hear the Exile LFRP is far more active and bustling. But as I may have already mentioned, Dominion side LFRP is generally very quiet, and limited to only advertising RP or housing plots for the most part.
well.. change that then! adding yet another channel won't really help to add activity, it'll just further split up the community and make entry for new RPers a little harder.

People trying to keep chitchat out of LFRP should realize that they are hurting the RP community in general, because that chitchat is needed to bond and strengthen the community. That is probably one of the biggest reasons why there's so much more RP on Exile side than on Dommie side...
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Oct 31, 15
Stars:
+53
I'm going to have to agree with Soey, LFRP has always had random chit-chat going on in it, and it might also be the only social interaction some people have in the game, and by introducing an alternative channel with similar objectives will only make it more difficult to communicate with people. Sure, I do think sometimes LFRP forgets the actual core looking for RP aspect of it (Asking whether anything's on/If anyone wants to start something is too often met with silence) and sometimes topics of discussion get repetitive with little conclusion, but either way, I don't believe introducing a new channel is necessary.
ruuli emberglade // jabbit
vGxC157.png
Posted Nov 1, 15
Stars:
+25
Well, of late I've not had anyone attempt to stifle any conversations, which is good! And when I'm able, I often try to stir some activity in the channel with a simple "Hello!", "How are we?" or "What're we all up to?".
Posted Nov 1, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices