WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Cross-Faction] Radio Atoll - IC Chat Channel

1 reply
Stars:
+16
"You sure it works? Sure? Sure?" - chua scratches his head pressing several buttons and shakes the radio antenna. He gives his bot a judging glance once more, - "Didn't say? Waste of time. Not workin'."

Chua hits the radio with a wrench for several times and a scratching noise comes from the speakers. The hiss of radio noise fills the silence.

"Yes!"

RWtI0b0.jpg

Hello, everyone. I was looking for something similar on Jabbit, but no one pointed me out if anything like this exists. Though if there's something like that already - point me out and i would love to join the team and develop such concept. I'm playing as chua engineer and I plan to create an in game radio. The purpose of this radio is to create an IC chat channel for RPers.

RadioAtoll is an IC chat channel everyone can use for IC communication with each other no matter what, no matter the distance, attitude towards other factions or to not reveal himself to public and promote his criminal business. Just like LFRP, but on in game matters being in character. Everyone can join the chat and use it as he wants, talk with other people, search for friend for a night chat, advertise his mercenary services, look for a smoked pumera recipe, etc.

The principles of work are simple: only In Character communication within the Atoll frequency. This is a radio frequency everyone can join and use. It's a radio after all. The only rule for the channel - everything has to be in character. The only exceptions are *beep*, *shhh...*, *click-click* noises. You can use the channel to communicate, share news, seek for help, advertise your company/guild... of course - it's a radio. And what radio would it be without commercials and advertisements (though remember - they also have to be in character).

WARNING: To air advertisement of your company, product or services you provide, please, leave a note to Rocket with text of the advertisement and money in a paper bag under the tree next to taxi driver at Bloodfire Village.

To join the channel type: /chjoin RadioAtoll

Radio Atoll is not a pirate, but independent and liberal radio station fighting for freedom of speech and fast money transactions between inhabitants of Nexus. Also if there's no such channel for an Exile RPers - I think we could also use RadioAtoll. At the moment I play as chua, though might later keep the channel alive on Exile alt. The other thing I would like to support is cross-faction communication. Of course it's not possible to use chat channels for cross-faction communication, but I would like to develop the concept for further cross-faction RP.

Also I plan to later use the channel during different events and maybe playing music. At the moment I see it as podcasts you could listen in the background.

All received money will go to support one-eyed war veterans and rum production.

"What?" - clicking noise interrupts the broadcast: "This is Dominion Officer Victor Frankovich! Immediately name yoursel..." - maniacal chua laughter interrupts the Dominion Officer and suddenly blues fills the Atoll broadcast.

"My baby don't stand no cheatin', my babe
Oh yeah she don't stand no cheatin', my babe
Oh yeah she don't stand no cheatin'..."
"True men don't kill coyotes."
Posted Oct 10, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+16
I've edited the original post, considering some people were writing me and they got a bit confused with the concept of the chat channel.

The main purpose of RadioAtoll is to create an IC chat channel so everyone could use the chat for IC communication with each other no matter what. Just like LFRP, but on in game matters being in character. Everyone can join the chat and use it as he wants, talk with other people, search for friend for a night chat, advertise his mercenary services, look for a smoked pumera recipe, etc. The only rule is to be in character, everything else will be considered a radio noise.

The radio is a mere concept, so that chat channel would also have an in game background "how are we able to reach each other."

Secondly it's a radio station which I also plan to use during different events. If there will be interest in music radio - it will be absolutely separate from the chat channel and will be a casual radio with exception of in game inserts. Communication using the chat channel ICly will be considered just interrupting the broadcast. Still the main purpose of the chat channel is to create an IC communication space for RPers except housing and event RP.
"True men don't kill coyotes."
Posted Oct 13, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices