Open Chat in New Window

WSRP In Game Chat

1 reply
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
Hello!

As many of you are aware (I hope you noticed anyway!) We've had a really big influx of players with F2P. This is great news in my opinion - It means people are passionate about playing!

However, part of the nature of so many new players is going to be some personality conflict - I'm sure some of you have seen that arguments occurring in channel has increased with the population, which was really to be expected.

These forums don't moderate the in game chat. It's not feasible with the current structure of the game. However most of us participate in it regularly.

It's important that for most new players, the WSRP Channel is our first impression. This is critical! This is going to be how people perceive our community, and if they see arguments and trolling because they enter at the wrong time, what motivation does that give them to stay?

It's so important in my opinion to be the community we want to be, and we do not have to be one that people don't want to be in. That's our choice!

So why are you telling us what we already know, Pepper? Because I want to try and give some constructive ideas that can help people out in the channel! We don't control that channel, but I think it's important to still try and be nice to each other! I think most of you agree with this! So what can we do to try and help the channel?

1) Don't feed the trolls! - Some people enter channels for the express purpose of causing arguments. Why they do this is the subject of much speculation, but either way they have an agenda that involves forcing people into lengthy arguments by poking at hot button or sensitive issues. We all know what trolls are. If someone is trolling, don't try to argue with them.

If they've made it this many years through their life viewing things this way, your point on the internet is /not/ going to be the one that suddenly changes their mind. Engaging only creates chat scroll, arguments, and collateral damage to uninterested third parties.

2) /Ignore is your friend - If you feel you just can't get along with someone, and all they cause you is problems? /ignore - Nobody ever likes using this feature and I personally have only used it a couple of times, but it is there to help you out if you need it!

3) Keep a positive environment! - Focus on why you play the game, and what you want to see out of other players. If you want to be positive, it encourages others to be positive!

We have a great RP community. I'd say a good 98% of the players here are very mature, supportive, helpful, and just downright nice! It's not fair to anyone if we let the same 3-5 people in chatrooms dictate how we have our fun.
Posted Oct 9, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 9, 15
Star
List
Undo
Baze Benefactor
Stars:
+96
I would like to add that this post is also entirely relevant for the LFRP channel on Jabbit (EU server)!

It's also worth saying.. If your disagreement is with only one person and you really feel the need to argue it out with them, please take it to whispers rather than go at it in a public channel. Publicly arguing over something only makes you both look bad.
http://tinyurl.com/Flickerwisp
eJCzrQB.png
Posted Oct 13, 15
Star
List
Undo
NoticeNotices