WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 3

Anime and Manga Thread

22 replies
Stars:
+46
@DionKozmos - eeee! I decided years ago that my first cosplay, whenever I get the chance, will be Vash. Trigun was my first anime!

@Kodex - Oooo, Psycho Pass. I've seen that here and there, it's definitely caught my eye.
♥ ~ Angie ✿ 28 ✿ in love with my best friend, wife, soulmate and so much more Ástríðr ✿ momma of 2 cats, a bird, a snake, a betta fish, a cory catfish, a bunny and a tarantula spiderling ✿ gamer ✿ role-player ✿ geek ✿ artist ✿ blogger ✿ Witch, Heathen and Pagan! Let's be friends! ~
Posted Oct 9, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+30
Listing Cowboy Bebop or Samuria Champloo is a given. At least that's what I was told by the Otaku club in college. :d

However, those are always the ones I recommend to someone who is reluctant to try anime. Also, Outlaw Star. /swoon
Posted Oct 9, 15
Stars:
+46
Ahhhh, @LadyCake, Samurai Champloo! So good! I've never seen Cowboy Bebop, which is something I want to fix.

Also, just finished season one of Tokyo Ghoul. It's. so. good. oh. my. Gods.
♥ ~ Angie ✿ 28 ✿ in love with my best friend, wife, soulmate and so much more Ástríðr ✿ momma of 2 cats, a bird, a snake, a betta fish, a cory catfish, a bunny and a tarantula spiderling ✿ gamer ✿ role-player ✿ geek ✿ artist ✿ blogger ✿ Witch, Heathen and Pagan! Let's be friends! ~
Posted Oct 9, 15 · OP
Stars:
+126
One-punch Man is worth looking at! It's getting an anime later this year, as well, from what I understand!
8.jpg
Posted Oct 9, 15
Stars:
+223
I am going to poke my dirty nose in here. Well its not dirty...Whatever I have the things.

Manga I had been reading as of late has been

Prison School
Monster Musume
Attack on Titan

Anime that I am looking forward to watching

Season 3 of Yuru Yuri
Season 2 of Is the Order a Rabbit
That new Gundam Anime that is supposed to be coming out.

Anime I had watched recently

All Three Madoka Magica movies
Psychopass
Monster Musume
Space Dandy Again - My person favorite.

Yeah I am not listing all the Anime and Manga I had read as the list would be too long and let me not do that.
Because Being this damn cute is hard work! - F'ime Bouxtaris on her looks and beauty.
Posted Oct 9, 15
Stars:
+46
Prison School has totally been recommend to me, @F'ime! I've never seen Madoka Magica... Like, whatsoever. So I need to fix that.
Posted Oct 9, 15 · OP
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
I went ahead and stickied this thread. =)
Posted Oct 9, 15
Stars:
+319
Favorites

Clannad & Clannad After Story
Escaflowne
Tokyo 8.0
Eureka 7
Kimi Ni.Todoke
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Mushishi
Code: Geass
Posted Oct 9, 15
Stars:
+106
Just watched the first volume of "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions" and found it absolutely hilarious. I love it when I can sympathize with the characters and occassionally have to laugh out hard.
The contradiction of the "Epic Anime fight scenes" that just play out in the Chunibyo-sick characters' heads vs. what really happens is just so fun to watch (imagine 2 magical girls with infused giant-sizes superweapons doing fantastic combat moves on an epic battlefield - /cut/! - they're actually in a small room in school, fighting with broomsticks.) but it's not only blatant slapstick, it really shows some interesting and loveable characters.
The animation style is great (and I really sometimes get the feeling of K-On! as it's produced by the same studio)

Also, because I pre-watched the first episode and liked it, I went for the collector's edition, which came with a few gimmicks.
One of them was a pack of "Chunibyo 500mg" pills, packed like a real medication from a drugstore, coming with 20 pills in a blister pack and a faked package insert. (Which contains hilarious instructions how and when to take these pills to cure Chunibyo syndrome - which are, of course, placebos that taste like tic-tacs)

So if you like Anime, especially the slice-of-life kind, and girls with just too much of imagination, this really is a show for you!
(Rikka's just too cute when she "fights" her sister!)
Spoiler: Show
fsigb.gif
Verena Priscus | Celia Donovan | Fiora Sanchez | Dezzra Pyreskull Jabbit EU (Dominion)
"The end is justified by being mean. Or something like that."
Posted Oct 14, 15 · Last edited Oct 14, 15
Stars:
+46
VERENA, THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!!
Posted Oct 14, 15 · OP
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices