WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 3

Anime and Manga Thread

22 replies
Stars:
+46
Since we don't have an anime and manga thread yet, I'm making one~! Two of my biggest hobbies, watching anime and reading manga, and it's fun seeing what you all are watching and reading too. List your favorites, what you're enjoying now, what's on your to watch and to read list, etc. Just please tag spoilers~!

Favorite List:
Death Note (it's first because it's my forever favorite)
Sailor Moon
Love Live
WataMote
Kuroshitsuji
Shingeki no Kyojin
Ouran High School Host Club
Maid-Sama
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Inuyasha

Watching List:
Tokyo Ghoul, season one. Jen and I just started this and it's so good!

Current Reading List (I ♥ our libraries):
Kuroshitsuji
Kimi ni todoke
Kitchen Princess
Natsume's Book of Friends
Akame ga Kill
Midnight Secretary
and for supernatural review posts on my blog:
Jiu Jiu
March Story
Monster
Soulless

I don't have anything on my to watch and to read lists right now, because I have a lot already~!
♥ ~ Angie ✿ 28 ✿ in love with my best friend, wife, soulmate and so much more Ástríðr ✿ momma of 2 cats, a bird, a snake, a betta fish, a cory catfish, a bunny and a tarantula spiderling ✿ gamer ✿ role-player ✿ geek ✿ artist ✿ blogger ✿ Witch, Heathen and Pagan! Let's be friends! ~
Posted Oct 8, 15 · OP
Stars:
+106
すばらしい!
Alrighty-o!

Well, my all-time-favorites include:
Anime:
K-On!
Elfenlied
Slayers!
Azumanga Daioh
Magister Negi Magi
Juuni Kokki
Kannazuki No Miko
Burst Angel

Manga (complete):
K-On!
Slayers!
Shadowlady
Battle Angel Alita
DearS
ChoBits

Manga (series I started but lost track as the story was growing dull with ongoing volumes):
Battle Angel Alita: Last Order
Oh! My Goddess!

Currently reading & collecting:
Nisekoi
Citrus

Watchlist:
Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions)
Just watched the first episode, but already got hooked to it, it's hilarious! Gonna watch more of it!

Also worth mentioning:
Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: Legend of Korra. Not really Anime, but very well written and excellent series!

I have a lot more in my closets, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Blessed be!
fsigb.gif
Verena Priscus | Celia Donovan | Fiora Sanchez | Dezzra Pyreskull Jabbit EU (Dominion)
"The end is justified by being mean. Or something like that."
Posted Oct 8, 15 · Last edited Oct 8, 15
Stars:
+149
I'm not going to do a full list, I'll just post the ones I'm currently watching.

GinTama
Assassination Classroom (once season 2 starts up, should be early next year)
Posted Oct 8, 15
Sev
Not going to list either and just say what I'm currently watching.

Monster Musume, Shimoneta, and My Love Story.
Posted Oct 8, 15
Stars:
+46
I want to start both Assassination Classroom (one I forgot about, so thank you for mentioning @Ishaori) and Monster Musume!
♥ ~ Angie ✿ 28 ✿ in love with my best friend, wife, soulmate and so much more Ástríðr ✿ momma of 2 cats, a bird, a snake, a betta fish, a cory catfish, a bunny and a tarantula spiderling ✿ gamer ✿ role-player ✿ geek ✿ artist ✿ blogger ✿ Witch, Heathen and Pagan! Let's be friends! ~
Posted Oct 8, 15 · OP
Sev
I'd also highly recommend Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun to watch.
Posted Oct 8, 15
Stars:
+30
My favorites are Ah My Goddess & Full Metal Panic. I too will not list every anime I like, but currently my boyfriend has me watching Fairytail. He loves the manga and reads it every release day as well as watches the episodes religiously as they are released. We also just finished Initial D which is his favorite and I thought it was interesting because I have never watched a non-magic or non-combat heavy anime.
Posted Oct 8, 15 · Last edited Oct 8, 15
Stars:
+59
Not really a manga reader but. My favs are FMA:B, Kekkai Sensen and TTGL o.ob
Hardcore lurker Diagnosed memeaholic (Sorry not Sorry)
Posted Oct 8, 15
Stars:
+20
My anime/manga consumption is kind of idiosyncratic - I have some trouble keeping up with all the newer series. But I did (and still do) have a huge thing for that classic old-school series Lupin III. I have a couple of the original Monkey Punch manga compilations, but it's the anime series and the feature-length movies and TV specials I really rock out on. For awhile I was heavily into doing online RP based on the series, usually playing either Lupin himself or Jigen. And I even put together a pretty darn good Lupin cosplay, if I do say so myself, complete with a Walther P38 replica Airsoft gun -- only real-life cosplay I have ever done. :-)

Other favorite anime series: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun. I made a Vash the Stampede cosplay toon while I was playing Guild Wars 2 (sylvari with yellow treebranch hair). I've contemplated doing Vash and Lupin III cosplay toons here in WildStar too - either would be a good excuse to get into the Spellslinger class, I think.
Posted Oct 8, 15
Stars:
+9
I've watched a lot of anime back in the day, only enjoy a select few as of now though.

Those that I would definitely recommend: Berserk, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy, Ghost in the Shell, No. 6, Psycho Pass.
Posted Oct 9, 15
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices