Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 3

2SPOOKY4U - October Art Challenge

20 replies
Stars:
+2,002
Pumpkin-icon.pngIT IS TIME!Pumpkin-icon.png

Some traditions grow old and forgotten - hidden, decaying shelves full of pastimes once enjoyed. What few we remember are now buried so far deep in the recesses of the archives, they might never be found again. But every so often, one brings itself from the grave and rises with hollowed laughter and three simple, yet commanding words: "Draw, cupcake! Draw!"

Welcome to the October Shade's Eve Art Challenge!

tumblr_inline_nu9dgvI1kg1rrnwcn_500.gif

Pumpkin-icon.pngThe Deets
What is an Art Challenge: An art challenge is simple: draw, write, or animate the theme associated with the challenge in the allotted time given. The purpose is to give the artist or author inspiration in hope's of writing or drawing something.

What is the Theme?: A theme can be subject applied to the challenge. This one is October/Shade's Eve.

When are challenges due?: Challenge posts can be made at any time.

Is this a contest?: No, not even in the least bit. It's here to spur your muses.

What do I get from it?: An opportunity to showcase your work and get a lot of stars. (How do you think I got mine? :B)

Can I post commissions done for me?: Absolutely.

Can I post artwork that isn't mine?: You shouldn't be asking this, but the answer is no.

When do we start?: TODAY!

Do I have to complete every week?: Nope. Do one or all, whichever you want.

Additional questions? Ask me!

Pumpkin-icon.pngThe Rules
There are three clear and prime rules that need to be mentioned:
#1: Please avoid posting content which may include, but not limited to: NSFW stories and images such as adult content (mature/18+, sexual), extreme violent imagery, or anything that may go against the guidelines of the site. While I know we all want to post 3spooky5u gore and scary things, I am making a humble request to keep your images spooky, but fun. There is no way to tag posts for these things, so put your ultra-violence or sexy on Tumblr or something. If you think your post may be bordering on this, use a Spoiler tag.

#2: See Rule 1: Adhere to the Code of Conduct.

#3: HAVE FUN.

Pumpkin-icon.pngThe Themes
Week 1 (October 4th - 10th): Autumn is here! - Although we haven't really seen much in way of seasonal weather changes, draw what your character would do and/or wear in the autumn season.

Week 2 (October 11th - 17th): Acorns, leaves, and pumpkins! - Does your character know how to carve a pumpkin? If so, what would they make or carve? Maybe they painted a face on it? Bonus for incorporating acorns and leaves.

Week 3 (October 18th - 31st): Double Week! Shade's Eve costume! - Draw your character wearing a costume for Shade's Eve. What sort of costume would they wear? Bonus for adding buckets of candy!

Pumpkin-icon.pngPost your results in this thread!Pumpkin-icon.png

mHbU0UF.png
Doctor Kristoff |Shade Hölle | Doctor Wilhelm | Kanimir Kristoff | The Overseer
Pyra Murioivox | Inquisitor Wilhelm | Hadrian AeleusBern
« Keeper of Mordesh Lore | Tumblr | Twitter »
Smoothly telling people to calm their tits since 2013.

Posted Oct 1, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 1, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Mid-day bump so people know this exists. (It keeps getting shunted down the ladder. Wah.)
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 2, 15 · OP
Stars:
+55
My writing is atrocious, and my visual arts are even worser. Can I participate in the audio (music) realm of arts? I realize it might be harder to interpret the prompts that way, but I love a challenge, cupcake!
Doctor Rillik, Commanding Officer of <C L A D>, ESPer, Scientist, Dominion, Entity
Jakath Nottian, Aspirant of <The Inquisition>, Warrior, Explorer, Dominion, Entity

Posted Oct 2, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
My writing is atrocious, and my visual arts are even worser. Can I participate in the audio (music) realm of arts? I realize it might be harder to interpret the prompts that way, but I love a challenge, cupcake!

Absolutely can. I think it would be a pretty interesting challenge to see music applied to the particular themes. Knock your socks off. Can't wait to hear them. :d
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 2, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+242
Woooooooooo yes!! The WSRP challenges are back!! I'm excite!
So... are we supposed to post here? You can shoot me if I'm wrong, but I made a lil doodle for the first week:
BxKLnR5.png
Tim isn't really a huge fan of inbetween weather. (I have no idea where naturally occurring fall would happen in Nexus, so... shrugs at the setting)
Posted Oct 3, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Quote:
So... are we supposed to post here?

Yep! Spam the hell out of the thread with all the pictures and writings and musics.

Also, that dude is super cute. Love the muted colors. (Also, glad to see your work again!)
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 3, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
Mid-Monday bumpage! First week theme is in full swing~
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 5, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+2,002
It's sweater weather! Don't want to chill your exanite and all, y'know.

tumblr_nvstr9xK431rapawuo1_540.png
mHbU0UF.png

Posted Oct 6, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Ann
Stars:
+13
The season of harvest and food comes, so here is mine for the first week challenge :)

tumblr_nvzzwduuGI1r88jowo1_1280.png

This is my character, Triny, Exile Human Medic. In my settings she was born in fall, so I decided to draw her in sweater and scarf. She always loves fall, cooking nice meals and sharing with friends are the best things in this season!
Posted Oct 10, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+1,091
Admins
Caretaker
(Stickied! Also great artwork!)
Posted Oct 10, 15
Star
List