Open Chat in New Window
Page
of 6

[Addon] LFRP

50 replies
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Which characters? Maybe you could also make a special chat channel for us to join.
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Sep 24, 15
Stars:
+275
Exile side is what I've been playing mostly. My public alt is "Arrah Antarka". If I'm on to tinker, I'll be on that character. As for creating a channel, it's an idea. I'll create a new one next time I'm on called "Testers". Can be general purpose for anyone to use to test their addons, etc.

Got on later than I expected tonight so I just worked on known issues. A new alpha has been posted, A-0.4. Implemented restoration of window size and location, added a toggle for hiding yourself from LFRP if you're not looking for RP. Added tracking of the windows visibility as a saved variable.

Todo:

1. Test communication functions. This is key. I need to get a group of roleplayers with the addon together in housing somewhere, so that I can make sure it's sending messages correctly.

2. Tweak performance, going to work the visibility boolean into the update timer, so that if the window isn't visible, it doesn't update. That's just a bit of optimization, but it'll help with ICComm channel chatter.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 25, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
Also add a check to see fi their unit exists. If it doesn't they're really out of range, so don't send a message.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 25, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
Added that check, TB. After a frustrating session last night (thanks Sri for your help.) I've reworked the messaging functions extensively. I hate ICComm, I've decided. Regardless, I've just updated the GIT with the most recent build. Curseforge will take a couple hours to clear.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 26, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 26, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+275
More ICComm problems. Updated GitHUB, updating Curse Forge. A-0.54 Tracking channel join and ready issues.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 26, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 26, 15
Stars:
+275
Alpha-0.553. Added a delayed start timer for setting up the ICComm channel. Integrated GeminiLogger. Reworked OnMessageReceived due to bad documentation of MessageReceived event (third parameter should be strSender not idMessage). Reworked SendQuery as well to reflect this change. Thanks to Sri and Aly for the help testing the last few nights. Hopefully these changes will get us going.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 27, 15 · OP
Stars:
+275
With some extensive help from Sri, we now have a working Beta (0.57). Git's been updated, and Curseforge is in progress with validation. Now's the time to download and try to break it folks. Thanks in advance for your help.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 27, 15 · OP
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
I'm getting an error:
Copy
...AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\LFRP\LFRP.lua:232: attempt to index field 'tMsg' (a nil value)

I think it's due to line 233, where you're setting the value of tMsg to nil rather than the message_id in tMsg
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Sep 28, 15
Stars:
+275
Patched. New Beta Posting(0.571). Thanks, Sri.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 28, 15 · OP
Stars:
+275
Fixed another nil bug and am going to push this to release. Hopefully we won't have too many bugs for the newbies to handle.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 29, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices