+275
Curseforge Download Site:
http://wildstar.curseforge.com/ws-addons/236288-lfrp/files

Curse Project Site:
http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/WildStar/236288-lfrp

GitHUB Repository:
https://github.com/baslack/LFRP

What it does:
LFRP or "Looking for Roleplay" is a "who"-like application that tracks nearby players and checks to see if they're using LFRP. If they are, it presents them in a little listing that you can click on their names and get hint arrow directions on how to get to them. It was designed specifically with open world RP in mind. It's my hope that it'll help roleplayers new and old make new friends as they're out and about on Nexus.

Usage:
Invoke the main window with the slash command "/lfrp".

Release 1.1.3:
Added the ability to poll popular chat channels for roleplayers. Added a new UI for configuring which channels to check (invoke with slash command "/lfrp-channels"). Added an opt out signal (uncheck "LFRP?" in the main UI), so that members can maintain privacy. Added whisper functionality to the right click on the LFRP player list.
Posted Sep 21, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 12, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Oh, very cool! I'll install it as soon as I can! Yay!
SRI NUTMOON @ ENTITY | HAY ENTREPRENEUR and ERSTWHILE JOURNALIST
ALTS: SRILANA NUTMOON (ic-leveling alt) and JIAN NUTMOON (no relation)
Posted Sep 22, 15
Stars:
+275
It was late last night when I posted this, so I should say a few more things about LFRP. When you open it, it's going to open a window that will appear to pretty much do nothing. Until we've got a good number of folks using it, this will be the case. Just close it for the time being. To reopen it, type "/lfrp" into your chat input.

Next, there may be debug messages. Unless it's an error, you can pretty much ignore these.

Third, if it does throw an error message, please post a copy of that message here using a code box like so:

Copy
My error message, etc.

FInally, I intend to be in game to do some testing during evenings this week. If you want to sign up to help me, please send a PM with your character name and your regular playtime windows and I'll try to get things co-ordinated. I'm very curious to see if ICComm channels are cross faction, so a face to face in game with Dommies and Exiles would be of great help there.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 22, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 22, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
When I visit the Curse page for LFRP, there isn't a download button to grab it. Is there a repo I can pull from?
Posted Sep 22, 15
Stars:
+275
They required an icon/image to get it past moderation. Why that was necessary for a Alpha status addon, who knows. I've uploaded one, but it's still in moderation. You should be able to download it via the "Other Downloads" section. I've not uploaded it to GITHUB yet, but I will in the near future. Until then this URL may get it for you:

http://wildstar.curseforge.com/ws-addons/236288-lfrp/files/2258924/download
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 22, 15 · OP
Stars:
+497
Caretaker
Getting a file-not-found on that URL. I'll check back tonight on the main one!
Posted Sep 22, 15
Stars:
+275
It's just that they're blocking it then, Sri. Give it a few hours.
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 22, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 22, 15
Soey Benefactor
Stars:
+117
As my NA account is inactive (and you are on NA, not EU, right?) I won't be able to directly help you test it, but I'm very much looking forward to this :)
Soey Flamepaw | Aurin, Stalker, Cuddle Consort, Pillow Enthusiast, Hugvertising Expert | Jabbit (EU)
Drakaar Flamebearer | Draken, Warrior, Son of Razak the Oxian, Lord of Stormskull Clan | Jabbit (EU)
Tumblr: OOC | Soey Flamepaw
Posted Sep 22, 15
Stars:
+275
Ok, folks. It's marked as approved, but the "Other Download" section still isn't listing the Alpha. Does the download link I posted work for you folks now? Or do I need to kick the folks at Curse and see what's wrong?
3462105.jpg
Posted Sep 22, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
I've tried in the past, ICComm is not cross faction. It's more like a whisper or custom channel than say/emote, etc.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 22, 15
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices