WSRP Chat on Discord
Open Chat in New Window

[Request] In Game Notepad/Notebook addon

5 replies
Stars:
+85
While reviving my Spymaster RP in the ICI, I've been interviewing folks and realizing that I missed one vital thing I had in WoW. A notebook or notepad in game to store information on.

If anyone is familiar with GryphonHeart Items from WoW, what I used to use it for was creating a book, then writing in that book with information from interviews, and I also used it to help keep in-game notes about events.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to transfer these notebooks between characters and such via codes or however it works, but if I could just get the functionality of a notepad/notebook that stores information between game sessions, that'd be amazing.

Just throwing out this request for if anyone more add-on savvy could consider it.
Alt list:
Kharyn Aranis - Draken Warrior
Axis Calvia - Mechari Stalker (Inactive)
Alya Slate - Granok Warrior
Posted Sep 18, 15 · OP
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+386
Having work on GHI, an addon similar to it is possible, but not probable. The addon communications system for WildStar is shaky at best. Large chunks of data don't transmit well on open channels, such as ones needed by this kind of addon. While a personal notebook is super easy, one that can be traded would need to have limits placed to keep data manageable.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+321
I for one would love a personal notebook. Especially if it's big, and ideally with some sort of indexing system of any sort. Even a simple one can prove useful.
Posted Sep 19, 15
Stars:
+85
I understand, and thanks for the information, Togglebutton.

I hate to ask you to do so, but if you wouldn't mind squeezing it in, or any other add-on authors who could make at the very least a personal notebook, I'd be very grateful and willing to help you out anyway I could in-game.

I should really learn how to do this stuff myself..
Alt list:
Kharyn Aranis - Draken Warrior
Axis Calvia - Mechari Stalker (Inactive)
Alya Slate - Granok Warrior
Posted Sep 19, 15 · OP
Stars:
+386
I'll see about cranking out a personal notebook. I can even give you markup tags for styles for when you read compared to when you write in it.
EIlMTaR.png
Posted Sep 19, 15
Star
List
Undo
Stars:
+171
Caretaker
One thing that I would love of this is simply makeing sure you can select text in it and copy and paste. I could use that handy as well for writing, like writing up my menu and then having easy copy and paste into whisper messages. (Currently I use a macro that I change the text on when handing out the menu at the cafe, but this could work easier because the Macro system in the game is simple but feels clunky and I have WAY to many Macros already made. )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Chef Noriack, owner of Noriack's Cafe Dominion Side. Available for catering of events!
~Noriack's Cafe, 10pm est Saturdays. Where the Science of Eating is Practiced on your Tastebuds!
Posted Sep 19, 15
NoticeNotices